The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I'd be happy for no new perks

JawsIsTheNextKiller
JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

Soon we will be given a new killer and a new survivor. The devs will probably have to spend a LOT of time working on the balance and compatibility of all the new perks working with other existing perks and on each of the characters.

But don't we have enough perks? We might only get a couple that are viable or risk creating another Decisive Strike, or Noed.

Wouldn't it be better for devs to spend their time on something else? Give me 2 maps over 6 perks any day. Could they trade the work on perks for focus on balance or performance?

Or am I seriously misjudging how much effort goes into makeing the perks.

Edit: For clarity - I meant no more NEW perks as opposed to getting rid of all of the perks.

Post edited by JawsIsTheNextKiller on

Comments

• Paiz
    Paiz Member Posts: 81

The PTB exists to stop a new noed/ds from happening. Perks also kinda make this game what it is. No more perk levels would probably be a lot easier and make balancing "op" perks a breeze.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

No more perks sounds awfully boring for survivors.

Perks are the only thing that changes survivor gameplay/abilities since survivors are skins...

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Considering all maps / realms beside Mac Millans and Autohavens are hot garbage I wouldnt mind them actually focusing on maps.

Who in their right mind made had no fun field where 99% killers insta leave or thought transparent walls are fine and by that leaving no potential for any mind games.
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Laakeri said:
    Considering all maps / realms beside Mac Millans and Autohavens are hot garbage I wouldnt mind them actually focusing on maps.

Who in their right mind made had no fun field where 99% killers insta leave or thought transparent walls are fine and by that leaving no potential for any mind games.

I will have you know that Rotten fields is an excellent meme map. For any Hillbilly main, the ability to spend the entire trial chainsaw sprinting in a massive circle is a great way to reduce stress and have a blast. Rotten fields should be protected!

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

@JawsIsTheNextKiller i see what you are saying, more maps i think would be better, we have a lot of perks, will the devs run out of them? also some people just complain about perks anyway

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235
    While I like the idea of the devs sitting down and balancing the perks, it's probably not gonna happen like that.

About the number of perks, aruably the devs could remove those unconditional statusboosts like Brutal strenght, shadowborn,unrelenting etc, while compensating with basekit buffs.

That would allow for new "interactive" perks  to be used as replacements.
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller

@Raptorrotas said:
    While I like the idea of the devs sitting down and balancing the perks, it's probably not gonna happen like that.

About the number of perks, aruably the devs could remove those unconditional statusboosts like Brutal strenght, shadowborn,unrelenting etc, while compensating with basekit buffs.

I think if the devs looked at who was using what perks, they could nerf the ones at the top that everyone was using and buff the ones at the bottom that nobody uses.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I'd be happy if we got 2 maps per quarter. As far as perks some should be retired on both sides and built into both sides base kit. Kindred, No one left behind for example and i know some won't like this but Deerstalker, monstrous shrine, TOTH, NOED.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I wouldn't bother if they could make more balance updates instead of DLC.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

@Peasant said:

@Laakeri said:

I will have you know that Rotten fields is an excellent meme map. For any Hillbilly main, the ability to spend the entire trial chainsaw sprinting in a massive circle is a great way to reduce stress and have a blast. Rotten fields should be protected!

Corn maps are okayish for Billys mobility, but still boring in any tile wth pallet as there is 0 outplay potential.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Paiz said:
    The PTB exists to stop a new noed/ds from happening. Perks also kinda make this game what it is. No more perk levels would probably be a lot easier and make balancing "op" perks a breeze.

Now if only they used PTB more than once every 6 months on average...

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    edited February 2019
    I would like if the devs would stop with new content after the upcoming DLC and focus on balancing, reworking and alternative gamemodes. We are really at the point where we have to many perks (50+ right?), balancing them is getting more and more difficult, ideas are getting more and more bad (every new dlc introduces more bad than useful perks) and there is still nothing mentioned how the devs want to combat the grind.

We are already at the limit, friends stopped playing after they realised they have to put multiple hundred hours into the game to get access to some perks on just a few killers and survivors and it's getting worse and worse. This isn't WoW, the game should be easy to access for newbies. Normally there shouldn't be a grind to play ranked matches in the first place, everything should be accessible like in league gamemodes of call of duty. But ranked matches is the only gamemodes we have currently.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    edited February 2019

@Raptorrotas said:

I think if the devs looked at who was using what perks, they could nerf the ones at the top that everyone was using and buff the ones at the bottom that nobody uses.

Stupid idea. Why would you nerf perks a lot of people use? Just so they don't use it anymore?? As long as a perk is balanced and fine, there is no need to touch it no matter how many people are using it. Don't force people to select perks they don't want to use.
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

@Raptorrotas said:

Stupid idea. Why would you nerf perks a lot of people use? Just so they don't use it anymore?? As long as a perk is balanced and fine, there is no need to touch it no matter how many people are using it. Don't force people to select perks they don't want to use.

To mix it up a little. Ruin is in almost every match now. Rebalancing the game to reduce gen-rush and then nerfing ruin if done well would mean not everybody would run Ruin. If everybody is running a perk, there is probably something wrong with the perk (or the game balance in Ruin's case). Buffing the lesser perks would also mix it up. More realistic perks and fewer must-have perks would lead to more interesting gameplay.

Nobody said anything about forcing anybody to do anything.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Some people care more about new perks than new characters. And I wish they'd go in the other direction: make more game-changers like No Mither and Object of Obsession. Perks that change the way you operate and add a new layer onto the game (usually this includes making it more challenging, but that can be thrilling and fun occasionally).

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Some people pick up DLC for a killer/survivor they like. Some pick up DLC for the perks. Food for thoughts.

• Boss

@Coriander said:
    Some people care more about new perks than new characters. And I wish they'd go in the other direction: make more game-changers like No Mither and Object of Obsession. Perks that change the way you operate and add a new layer onto the game (usually this includes making it more challenging, but that can be thrilling and fun occasionally).

Ooohh, such as...

A Perk that makes one of the Generators possessed by the Entity.
    If Survivors fully repair it, the amount of Generators needed to be completed won't go down by 1.
    But if Survivors manage to power the Exit Gates without having repaired the possessed Generator, every Survivor will be granted 1 full heal from the Entity. (From Dying to Injured, or from Injured to Healthy.)

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

How about one where the Survivor isn't allowed to work on gens, but gets some other benefit? Heals every minute, or can heal self/teammates really fast... I dunno, four people can tkae No Mither, but if four people can't repair gens, GG. I would like to come up with some other ideas, though!

Survivor must be hooked 5 times, but Killer gets triple BP for it... make them happy =)

• Boss

@fluffybunny said:
    Some people pick up DLC for a killer/survivor they like. Some pick up DLC for the perks. Food for thoughts.

I most certainly got Hag & Cannibal for their Perks.

• fluffybunny

@Boss said:

@fluffybunny said:

Same, tbh. Cannibal is kind of a must, too, as BBQ has only shown up in the shrine once if I recall correctly.

• Boss

@fluffybunny said:

@Boss said:

@fluffybunny said:

Same, tbh. Cannibal is kind of a must, too, as BBQ has only shown up in the shrine once if I recall correctly.

Yeah, someone here's actively keeping track. :p

• fluffybunny

@Boss said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Boss said:

@fluffybunny said:

Yeah, someone here's actively keeping track. :p

I saw his posts, hehe. I thought he was talking about the BBQ event at first and was like "Yeah, when is that yummy BBQ coming?" lol