The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is removing Pig's RBT completely luck based?

Eveline
Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
If I'm unlucky and find the correct untrapping device last I'm dead?

Comments

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@Eveline said:

Once the Pig applies the RBT, a random box is immediately selected to contain the key. One box has 100% chance, the other boxes have 0%. It's kinda like luck, but different.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    It is luck, but not that kind of luck. Each trap has a respective Jigsaw box. It could be the first one you search, or even the last one, but you will alwaysbe able to take it off.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    If it's in the last box, you are unlucky, but you are not dead.  Under typical circumstances, you have ample time to search all four boxes.  It's only going to potentially mess you up if the Pig is actually trying to get trap kills.
  • Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    edited February 2019
    Last game I instantly went from one device to another and found the correct one last. Didn't make it. Maybe because of some add-ons?
  • TAG
    edited February 2019
    Eveline said:
    Last game I instantly went from one device to another and found the correct one last. Didn't make it. Maybe because of some add-ons?
    Tampered Timer reduces the clock from 2:30 to 2:00
    Bag of Gears/Crate of Gears increases the time it takes to search a box
    Jigsaw's Sketch adds an extra box

Those are the ones that will most contribute to increasing the chances of a trap kill.  I'd put Annotated Plan, but that actually RAISES the timer to 3 minutes.
  • Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    It’s more like probability- it depends how many boxes there is, and how many you’ve done. It is luck based, but there’s a certain math to it. Say you’ve got five boxes- 1/5 of those boxes has got a key. The numerator, being boxes searched, and the denominator is the number of boxes total. You’ve got 20% chance on your first one, 40% on your next one (2/5), 60% on your third one (3/5), and an 80% on your fourth one (4/5), and a 100% succession rate on your final fifth one (5/5). This type of math could be applied to any of the boxes the pig has, it’s just a matter of how long the box takes to search, and how much time you’ve got. It’s mostly luck based, but addons won’t affect this by any means.
  • JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Watery said:
    It’s more like probability- it depends how many boxes there is, and how many you’ve done. It is luck based, but there’s a certain math to it. Say you’ve got five boxes- 1/5 of those boxes has got a key. The numerator, being boxes searched, and the denominator is the number of boxes total. You’ve got 20% chance on your first one, 40% on your next one (2/5), 60% on your third one (3/5), and an 80% on your fourth one (4/5), and a 100% succession rate on your final fifth one (5/5). This type of math could be applied to any of the boxes the pig has, it’s just a matter of how long the box takes to search, and how much time you’ve got. It’s mostly luck based, but addons won’t affect this by any means.
    Isn't it a 25%, 33%, 50% chance based on each box searched? Or am I missing something on how her traps work?
  • TAG
    JanTheMan said:
    Watery said:
    Isn't it a 25%, 33%, 50% chance based on each box searched? Or am I missing something on how her traps work?
    No.  It functions like this:
    AntiJelly said:

@Eveline said:

Once the Pig applies the RBT, a random box is immediately selected to contain the key. One box has 100% chance, the other boxes have 0%. It's kinda like luck, but different.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    JanTheMan said:
    Watery said:
    Not so much how her traps work- but how many boxes there is.
  • Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130

@AntiJelly said:

@Eveline said:

It was said in a dev stream that the boxes were chosen before you even load into the game, but the rest of what you said is correct.

• TAG

@AntiJelly said:

@Eveline said:

It was said in a dev stream that the boxes were chosen before you even load into the game, but the rest of what you said is correct.

I am pretty sure I know which stream you are talking about, and I am fairly sure that is not what was said.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

They should raise the amount of jigboxes to 6.

Remove the RNG thingy.

And make that survivors have to obtain 4 keys to get rid of the RBTs.

They can increase the timer, but the new RBTs should start before a generator pops up.

In that way, the pig can have a reliable power. Right now, it is a hit or miss and it hurts her.

With these changes, every RBT will add 1 more generator to the map (it takes 20 seconds to search a jigsaw box and you need 4 keys.)

Too OP? Don't get caught, easy.

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130

@TAG said:

I am pretty sure I know which stream you are talking about, and I am fairly sure that is not what was said.

Really I could have sworn it was, but maybe I am mistaken. I might check it out when I get a chance.

• TAG

@TAG said:

Really I could have sworn it was, but maybe I am mistaken. I might check it out when I get a chance.

The exact words on their part were "When you get a bear trap on your head, the game already knows where the key is."  They were just saying that the game actually chooses a box to put the key in and doesn't just give Survivors X% chance of success whenever they search a box.