That awesome lighting bug again

Options

Comments

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,109
    Options

Perhaps a game mode/map where the Entity is asleep, and cannot fully create the arena, so everything is dark or absent. That could be interesting! It might be annoying to players and/or hurt their eyes if not done right, though. Still, something to think about.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

How about NO

• LatexT
    LatexT Member Posts: 96
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    How about NO

Care to explain WHY?

• Tsulan
    Options

@LatexT said:

@Tsulan said:
    How about NO

Care to explain WHY?

Some maps are already incredible hard to play, because of the lighting. Ninja claudettes vanish before your eyes and there´s not much the killer can do to see them. I had so many times that i worked on a gen and suddenly a claudette appeard out of nowhere.

This lighting bug would make things even worse. Now imagine that survivors bring flashlights. You go from pitch black to supernova bright in 1 second. Totally not painful for the eyes.

• LatexT
    Options

@Tsulan said:

@LatexT said:

@Tsulan said:
    How about NO

Care to explain WHY?

Some maps are already incredible hard to play, because of the lighting. Ninja claudettes vanish before your eyes and there´s not much the killer can do to see them. I had so many times that i worked on a gen and suddenly a claudette appeard out of nowhere.

This lighting bug would make things even worse. Now imagine that survivors bring flashlights. You go from pitch black to supernova bright in 1 second. Totally not painful for the eyes.

Well, I'm not saying it should be completely pitch black, but a really dark map would only be good for the atmosphere of the game, and not to mention, that map will obviously be adapted to not hurt eyes.

• Tsulan
    Options

@LatexT said:

@Tsulan said:

@LatexT said:

@Tsulan said:
    How about NO

Care to explain WHY?

Well, I'm not saying it should be completely pitch black, but a really dark map would only be good for the atmosphere of the game, and not to mention, that map will obviously be adapted to not hurt eyes.

If its for the atmosphere, then the survivors should have darker maps, while the killer has brighter.

• LatexT
    Options

@Tsulan said:

@LatexT said:

@Tsulan said:

@LatexT said:

@Tsulan said:
    How about NO

Care to explain WHY?

If its for the atmosphere, then the survivors should have darker maps, while the killer has brighter.

I don't get what you mean. Do you mean that from the killer's perspective you should see brighter maps, and from survivors' perspective darker?

• Totohli
    Totohli Member Posts: 41
    Options

That looks pretty cool haha :D. Was it super dark for the survivors as well or is it just a killer related bug?

• LatexT
    Options

@Totohli said:
    That looks pretty cool haha :D. Was it super dark for the survivors as well or is it just a killer related bug?

It was dark for both, and the map was bugged too, closed rooms and thing like these

• Tsulan
    Options

@LatexT said:

@Tsulan said:

@LatexT said:

@Tsulan said:

@LatexT said:

@Tsulan said:
    How about NO

Care to explain WHY?

I don't get what you mean. Do you mean that from the killer's perspective you should see brighter maps, and from survivors' perspective darker?

Yes

• LatexT
    Options

@Tsulan said:

@LatexT said:

@Tsulan said:

@LatexT said:

@Tsulan said:

@LatexT said:

@Tsulan said:
    How about NO

Care to explain WHY?

Yes

It's not what I hoped for, and that killer's brighter view was an effect of Shadowborn, so it might work

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,784
    Options

That's the kind of bug that should become a feature.