The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Open world concept idea

Bravo0413
Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
Let me first start off by saying I dont think it could work simply because it may be too boring... now yes ya swf you can run around with but unless killers can run around and chase ya etc... I dont think it works ...  it would just be run simulator 

but the idea of having the maps connected and having the one town that's mentioned in........... Megs lore? I dont remember but it's not a map that we have in game so this would be the main section that we would be running around in and then the rest of the realms are blocked off and in the front of them there's bonfires that survivors would touch to start looking for matches and then you can go about whatever the town has to offer and when your match is found  the entity will pull you into the realm like in the lore.. 

another idea they could use with this is having double bp in one realm and then in another have a certain event going on that you could earn towards only certain cosmetics... maybe when new cosmetics are first dropped they could make them available in an event in a certain realm where they need to work towards coins to get them for free? (I'm just spitballing now) 

Again the idea imo sounds cool having all the realms connected and us being able to travel from one to the other... but unless they implemented more to screw around with I think this open world would be a run sim... if they were to do this though how could they make the fog less boring what would you implement? 

Changed how survivors find matches in paragraph 2.
Post edited by Bravo0413 on

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Huh, that sounds a lot like you're waiting for the match to start in PUBG.

• Bravo0413
    Boss said:

I've never played pubg actually... idk maybe they could walk in to the realm and wait for the match to start? Idk just spitballing to get something started maybe the idea could be transformed into something that could work..
  • Bravo0413
    Boss said:

Actually after thinking about it now I have something that may work for finding matches... I'm going to add it in.. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Bravo0413 said:
    Boss said:

I've never played pubg actually... idk maybe they could walk in to the realm and wait for the match to start? Idk just spitballing to get something started maybe the idea could be transformed into something that could work..

It's better than the usual "dodge lobbies" & "NOED OP" threads, i guess.
    :O If it would have Killer in third person, that'd be awesome!

• Bravo0413
    Boss said:

@Bravo0413 said:
    Boss said:

It's better than the usual "dodge lobbies" & "NOED OP" threads, i guess.
    :O If it would have Killer in third person, that'd be awesome!

I changed how matches are found... yeah 3rd person for when running around the open world would be good!I haven't really thought for the killers maybe they can go into the realms and survivors can see em go in like the killers going in for work xD lol  but the player can switch characters at any time so that keeps the element of surprise