The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Shelter woods

Most boring and unimaginative map to ever exist. I know there are maps which are unbalanced for killer or survivor. But Shelter Woods is seriously boring, and no fun to play, especially as survivor. But also as killer it's way too easy. No buildings except for the shaq. Only 1 place for balanced landing, the tree in the middle, which you have to walk very specifically to even get the sprintburst. 

Is it possible to make this map more fun to look at and to play? Add some shapes, buildings or alternative routes. 

What do you guys think of Shelter Woods? As killer & as Survivor?

Comments

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I don't mind it too much, aside from getting stuck in the trees.

It does seem a little unfair that Balanced Landing is so hard to pull off....but then they get Haddonfield where BL becomes an SS tier perk so it evens out I guess.

Still a far better map than Rotten Fields.
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

I hate Shelter Woods. Boring design, no good loops, lack of pallets. Its just a dull, badly designed map.

Great if you're a killer. Especially for Hillbilly and Nurse as its so wide open.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

I once broke at least 20 pallets in shelter woods. I've played vs p3 urban squadettes there. 110% ms killers don't have it easy either. I wouldn't say it's a bad map at all. At least I get proper framerate.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    It's such a small map with nothing really in it, they should rework that map and add more to it 
  • blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Seems like an early alpha type map where they're just doing it for the first time and are unsure what to do.

• makayla
    makayla Member Posts: 287

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Shelter woods is together with rotten fields the laziest map the devs designed. Those two need some reworking 

Agree, there needs to be something "special" about those maps. I think the shack on both maps should be replaced with a large building and the shack should spawn somewhere else. (maybe for shelter woods, the tree gets replaced with a building but then I feel like shack would be too close to the building and could be a painful loop)

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    As Spirit, I hate getting this map. There are not enough LoS breakers, so I cant surprise with jumpscare phasing too much. 
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

Shelter Woods and Rotten Fields are Maps where you clearly see how long they are already in the game.

For me Rotten Fields is more annoying (even as a Survivor).

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Honestly, Shelter woods needs to be viable with balanced landing and rotten fields needs some places in it.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Grunt snork whreeeee!
    What's that Leatherdaddy?
    You love this map and think that if they mess with this, they should get shot of the cornfields?

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Good chainsaw lanes

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Shelter woods needs more trees in the center of the map
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    edited February 2019

It's not that bad compared to the corn maps but I suppose it needs to go both ways for killer and survivors, some more in favor of the other side.

Post edited by Bongbingbing on
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

I love this map, Mainly because of the rain and trees. I hate that it hardly ever shows up. It's not that bad compared to the corn maps and swamp which seem to have higher probability of getting, at least for me.

Rain ? I never noticed rain in shelter woods, mothers dwelling is the only map with rain or not 
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Bongbingbing said:

I love this map, Mainly because of the rain and trees. I hate that it hardly ever shows up. It's not that bad compared to the corn maps and swamp which seem to have higher probability of getting, at least for me.

Rain ? I never noticed rain in shelter woods, mothers dwelling is the only map with rain or not 

well #########
    I'm an idiot i got them mixed up :lol:

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Rotten Fields and Shelter Woods are both stealthy maps: no many buildings or pallets in there, you have to hide yourself. Yeah, some extra trees or a pool of fresh water would be nice.
  • IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Is one of my favourites as survivor, I like to play stealthy and is maybe the best map for stealth, lot of places to hide and the rain sound mask your sounds a bit.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

At least it looks nice.
    Coal Tower is my least favorite any day.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Entità said:
    Rotten Fields and Shelter Woods are both stealthy maps: no many buildings or pallets in there, you have to hide yourself. Yeah, some extra trees or a pool of fresh water would be nice.
    Rottenfields a stealthy map? LMAO, it's pallet heaven, tons of safety pallets, strong loops, cow tree loops etc etc. U can literally 5 gen run a killer if you know how to. But yeah, you can use stealth on this map sometimes 
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    This map needs a rework.
  • ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359
    No that would be the swamp maps. 
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Some simple maps are needed, nice break from the huge loop buildings.