The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hey Killers

Yeah you! Do you have over 200 PING? Are you thinking about queueing up and ruining everybody elses gaming experience? Well I'm here to tell you to

Please and Thank you. Case dismissed.

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    About time someone said this! I just dodge if someone's ping is really high in my lobby and they won't leave. Ruins it for me and the other players in the match 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Yeah this would make sense if there would be a region lock.
    But since there isn't, you could connect to someone who has even better internet than you. But lives on the other side of the world. 
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited February 2019
    It's up to the survivors in my lobby, silly. No one "has" a ping. Ping is between two players. You may have great connection, but if you're in Australia and play with someone from Sweden, ping between you guys will be bad.

God I can't believe I actually have to explain it to you.
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I've had it happen where ping is perfect up until we join the in the match and then there's rubber banding to all hell, it's very frustrating.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I think at certain times of the day, you may find less killers in your area and the game may pair you with killers from further away.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    That's why we can see it and dodge. I doubt everyone can afford good service or improve it on command. I'd even bet a good portion don't pay for their service(mom & dad). Sometimes you have what is given and make due, I doubt its to spite your gaming.
  • e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189

If your playing from a tin shack on dialup in Romania, just don't.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

I would say McDonalds wifi is worse.
  • Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Yeah because my net suddenly spiking because i'm not the only person in this house is clearly my fault and i'm a terrible person for trying to wind down by playing a video game during my free time.

And let's not talk about the game matching me with people from the other side of the globe because why not wich makes surv lag to ######### when it's not my fault.

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599
    You can lobby dodge. It’s your own fault you start a game with high ping. 

Secondly, they bought the game too and have every right to play no matter their internet speed. 

Grow up. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Michiko said:
    Do you have over 200 PING?

Please learn how ping works.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

I'm the host. You connect to my network.

If the connection between us is bad, it's your job to leave the lobby and look for a better one. Just because YOUR connection to me is bad, doesn't mean it's bad for the others aswell.

Especially when people queue with friends from the opposite side of the world, they expect to get a killer with good ping for everyone. That's not how it works.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited February 2019

@Plu said:
    Yeah because my net suddenly spiking because i'm not the only person in this house is clearly my fault and i'm a terrible person for trying to wind down by playing a video game during my free time.

And let's not talk about the game matching me with people from the other side of the globe because why not wich makes surv lag to ######### when it's not my fault.

It actually is. If you don't want it to happen, get a dedicated line for gaming, or get a gaming router that knows how to prioritize your gaming connection. There is definitely some accountability on your part to provide the necessary components to play.

Even if your dad bought your computer and pays for the internet, if you use it to play, it's on you that you can't get a better computer or better connection to play. If your internet is a problem you can always find other games to play that don't need a good connection.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

@Mochan said:
    It actually is. If you don't want it to happen, get a dedicated line for gaming, or get a gaming router that knows how to prioritize your gaming connection. There is definitely some accountability on your part to provide the necessary components to play.

Even if your dad bought your computer and pays for the internet, if you use it to play, it's on you that you can't get a better computer or better connection to play. If your internet is a problem you can always find other games to play that don't need a good connection.

That's easy to say, as is blaming things out of my control on me and assuming i'm not already doing my best to have better internet.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Michiko said:
    Yeah you! Do you have over 200 PING? Are you thinking about queueing up and ruining everybody elses gaming experience? Well I'm here to tell you to

Please and Thank you. Case dismissed.

Yes, you should dodge the lobby, not the killer

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

You know there's an indicator that tells you the Ping while your in the lobby and you have the choice to leave any lobby? If the Pings High just leave.....

Ping might be bad for you but better for survivors closer to the killer.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Ehh killers can't have ping since they are the host. If you get into lobby with higher ping then you like just leave. If it's fine in lobby and then game starts lag heavily in chases then he's either lagswitching or has really unstable connection.

So it can be the killer but survivor's connection and zone from where they are conecting is also at fault. If I get in EU someone from Australia or Japan then you can't blame me for them having high ping.

Soon we'll have servers so for now get over it and wait.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Yeah 150 or less is acceptable to me, anything above 200 is find another lobby and if I see any spikes (besides from the initial one when a survivor just joins the lobby) I'm out.

There's a certain point where if the ping is too high then killers see teleport survivors which is hard on them, but that is pretty high ping. Anything less is a killer advantage since they are host. Why you get hit when you know you should not have been through vaults or around corners, throw that pallet at what looked like the right time, but get hit anyway, etc.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623

You know there's an indicator that tells you the Ping while your in the lobby and you have the choice to leave any lobby? If the Pings High just leave.....

Ping might be bad for you but better for survivors closer to the killer.

You know theres a bs miscalculation of PING when you're in a lobby sometimes. Happened to me last night where the bar was 110-120 PING and in game played like they were at least 300. I kept getting lagged back to the areas I just ran from, behind windows I just vaulted, etc. The lobby bar indicator isn’t always beneficial in information.
  • Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    Plu said:

Pretty much sums up your post. You’re being over-dramatic and trying to victimize yourself by adding your own words of self-insult trying to make it seem like I’m the one that insulted you. 
  • CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    edited February 2019

If you have high ping then leave. You've obviously connected to someone not in your region.

There is no region lock so this should be expected.

• Tsulan
    e8Lattice said:

Joke is on you.
    Romania has better internet than the rest of Europe.
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

You obviously don't know what ping is and how it works. Google it. Afterwards, you'll know that as the survivor, you should be the one leaving the lobby.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Tsulan said:
    Joke is on you.

Probably most of the western world, in fact.

• Tsulan
    Orion said:

@Tsulan said:
    Joke is on you.

Probably most of the western world, in fact.

Yep and here I sit with my 6mb connection. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Hm?
    I didn't know i can see my own ping ingame.
    Please tell me how.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    Technically, the killer's ping is 0. They are the server, currently. They don't have a delay when pinging themselves. The ping you're seeing is not "their" ping, it's the ping between you and them. There's a bunch of different factors that affect it but it doesn't necessarily mean that it's their problem. It is possible that the game could not find any suitable matches for you so it broadened the search to killers further away.

Of course it's entirely possible that the killer has a bad connection, but there's plenty of other possibilities as well.