The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Awesome thing about trapper.

KingB
KingB Member Posts: 747
I don't know if this is known, but if you smack a survivor in a bear trap once they get out they go into the dying state. Great for time management because even if rng loves them they still get slugged.

Comments

• Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 314
    Yeah is known from a long time 
  • PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited February 2019

Well, as long as they do not get released from the trap once you smack them, then it is indeed a good thing.
    Sadly, it often releases them as soon as you hit them.
    I prefer slugs on a leash than free roaming slugs.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

I don't understand what you mean. The trap injures them anyway. If you strike them while they're trapped, or if you strike them once they're free, they go down either way.

Actually, I hate seeing killers attack the trapped victim. You get only 200pts for the strike, but 500pts for pulling them out of the trap with the action button.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

If you grab them, you get more points, though.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

I don't understand what you mean. The trap injures them anyway. If you strike them while they're trapped, or if you strike them once they're free, they go down either way.

Actually, I hate seeing killers attack the trapped victim. You get only 200pts for the strike, but 500pts for pulling them out of the trap with the action button.

Sometimes you see another survivor close to the trapped one or maybe you don't have enough time to hook someone, that's when slugging is better than getting a single hook. It's like when survivors don't waste time on healing and do gens instead.
  • Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

Unless an ally saves them from the trap after you hit them, then I'm pretty sure they just get out of it. That's what I hate about honing stone is they can just be saved instead of getting out into slug.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Coriander said:

I think you don't get any points for hitting a trapped survivor. Only for grabbing them.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Oh, well normal hits are 200, but I always like that sweet 500 points, plus the sound it makes when you pull them out. I adore trap sounds in this game, I miss the old slow animations which sounded better.