The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Something is rotten with Coldwind

I am an average survivor and even I have become aware of how powerful the corn is - if a killer catches you, run into the corn and lose them. It’s so powerful you can crouch still like a rabbit and they might only ever see you if they’re super close to you. 

And not only that but the farm maps are consistently the most popular with offerings from survivors...it’s a little fishy and exploitive. 

Say what you want about Saw, at least the killer needs to know how to navigate (especially with boil over) the map to ensure a hook because one mistake and the survivor can wiggle free (and that’s not even going into obnoxious body blocking.) 

Comments

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

The Coldwind maps are busted because it's much harder to mind game on that map. All the damn walls are see-through.

+ 99% of all pallets are safe pallets. I cant remember one single unsafe pallet tbh. 
    + the corn which makes playing nurse or huntress really difficult if you are cornblind
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited February 2019

I rarely lose a Survivor in the corn, it all comes down to experience and tracking skill.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    They come up so often and as you say survivors often burn offerings too, especially toxic claudettes.

You can have a session on dbd and be expdcted to play coldwind in at least half of those maps. It's BS.
  • Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

The corn is great but when I fight against killers who know what they are doing I can't lose them, and I specialize in juking then stealthing (I suck at looping). There's a level of skill required to navigate the corn fields. I won't deny it's favorable for survivors, but a killer who knows what he's doing will catch you.

It's still easily the map I want to play in the most as a survivor. I used to like MacMillan as well but after the lighting changes it's not as great as it used to be. The corn defies the lighting changes.

Gideon sucks and is one of the harder maps to play as a Survivor, but it's not as bad as its reputation. I actually find the Hospital a lot harder.

• HavelmomDaS1

I rarely lose a Survivor in the corn, it all comes down to experience and tracking skill.

It's more about the monitor, and your pc power for high fps and high graphics quality. I by myself play since 2016 and many others aswell. And there is no experience to again anymore regarding cornblindness. It's a thing.
    Good for you that you have a good monitor :)
  • HavelmomDaS1
    Mochan said:

The corn is great but when I fight against killers who know what they are doing I can't lose them, and I specialize in juking then stealthing (I suck at looping). There's a level of skill required to navigate the corn fields. I won't deny it's favorable for survivors, but a killer who knows what he's doing will catch you.

It's still easily the map I want to play in the most as a survivor. I used to like MacMillan as well but after the lighting changes it's not as great as it used to be. The corn defies the lighting changes.

Gideon sucks and is one of the harder maps to play as a Survivor, but it's not as bad as its reputation. I actually find the Hospital a lot harder.

You only find Gideon difficult because u don't loop. Once you know how to loop you will laugh your ass off against every M1 killer, the amount of save pallets all next to each other is ridiculous 
  • Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited February 2019

Yeah, I am bad at looping so Gideon is not that easy for me. But I'd like to note that this is not just me. The stats from the Devs show that Gideon has one of the lowest winrates for survivors. Gideon is one of the harder maps for survivors, backed by stats.