If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Do you enjoy playing stealth?

Options

Personally, I don't.
I carry Urban Evasion to juke the killer or in the event that it's a Nurse (because ######### Nurse).
But I generally do not enjoy playing stealthy, and when killing I really, really hate playing vs immersed survivors.
Stealth is so insufferably boring to me sometimes.
I'd love to hear your opinions on it.

Comments

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Sooometimes stealth plays can be cool, but overall? Nah not really.

• notdeadyet
    notdeadyet Member Posts: 4
    Options

Honestly I think it depends on the killer. I used to be an immersed Meg main but I barely run urban evasion anymore because crouching all game not only looks stupid but is also kind of defeats the purpose of doing all you need to do to pip. But if I'm facing a Freddy (a good one) or Nurse (again, a good one) then I think It's more in my favor to actually play somewhat stealthy while not bordering the line of 'scared noob survivor too afraid to run to a hook or gen'.

• Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136
    Options

Get chased, get downed, make those silly mistakes and teach yourself how to be better, where did you go wrong, what should have you done instead, or watch videos for tips and tricks and work on every aspect that survivor has to offer so you are the most well rounded player you can be which in turn will make you the best survivor you can be.

That way you know you are giving it your best shot which is a good feeling win or lose.

• bevdog67
    bevdog67 Member Posts: 57
    Options

I play stealth often, and most of the time won't even be seen by the killer (if my team mates are decent anyway). Idk why I prefer this, but it works for me and I think its fun.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

I always play stealthy, it's my preferred play style by far and with Kate's Dance With Me, I just got a very powerful for it.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@FujinRaijin said:
    Personally, I don't.
    I carry Urban Evasion to juke the killer or in the event that it's a Nurse (because [BAD WORD] Nurse).
    But I generally do not enjoy playing stealthy, and when killing I really, really hate playing vs immersed survivors.

Yes, unless I am doing a chase daily or am versing a doc, then I turn into one of these toxic loopers I hate so much

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

Yes, and despite popular belief that stealth = depip, I pip the majority of my matches and that's generally despite having little to no interaction with the killer or any altruism action.

• Crisll
    Crisll Member Posts: 8
    Options

I just love to break sight of line on chase and hide around. That's some adrenaline in my body, getting chased and in the exact moment... hide! It's not easy but I find it soooo much fun.

• ThatYuffie
    ThatYuffie Member Posts: 1
    Options

I'd play stealthy if it was actually rewarded in BPs.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

I'd play stealthy if it was actually rewarded in BPs.

I play stealthy and get about 15k minimum a game.
  • SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

Sometimes but i hate those who keep hiding in lockers or hide at the corner once they hear a slight heartbeat. Or just hide with empathy until someone gets hit ^^

• makayla
    makayla Member Posts: 287
    Options

I love stealth, but there are various killer perks that directly counter stealth playstyles. And the existence of Freddy and Doctor completely remove stealth. It's not really worth playing completely immersed.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

I am working on stealth and LoS breaking, much preferring it to the meta. It's a lot more difficult, especially trying to mindgame Killers instead of simply looping, but it is much more rewarding to me. I get a lovely little rush everytime I break LoS on a Killer and they head off in the complete wrong direction, or else they just walk right past me where I'm cowering in a corner.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,183
    Options

I prefer the dominant looping, but stealth with a stealth build can be quite fun

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I agree that the adrenaline of the chase ( thrill of the hunt for the hunter and the hunted) is fun. Yet juking the killer (aka out smarting him/her) is a lot more rewarding. For example, I out ran him but stunning him and using a variety of perks and windows opportunities===> Has some skill, i won't deny that
    However, I ran him/her around a window, hid somewhere and had him/her running past me while I grit my teeth hoping my gamble payed off...And it does ======> Extremely satisfactory , as I beat another with sheer intellect and skills.
    At this point, running the killer is more of a casual play, while jukes and stealth are the hard-core play...... Also, there are no tryhards or I M M E R S E D players... . That's just trying to win and actually playing the game. Except the use of meta constantly and abusing exploits===> horrible player. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

I play stealthy all the time, I don't use DS or any of the other meta perks other than UE because it's suits being stealthy. I use generally Premonition, Self Care, Botany Knowledge and UE. Those best fit my playstyle and juking the killer and hiding close to them after losing them is the best.

Because they never know where you are and as both survivor and killer i've both never been seen nor sometimes seen a survivor being stealthy let alone some groups. It makes it so much more interesting and fun doing it that way instead of oh pallet/window loop/Adrenaline/Sprint Burst/Decisive Strike.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options
    I play stealth all the time. Of course, I think there's a HUGE difference between crouch walking everywhere and hiding in a locker at the first sign of the heartbeat, and managing to lose a killer during a chase, or managing to to avoid them by circling the object they're looking behind. You can be stealthy and take risks. In fact, I go a step further, I play stealth without the darkest, bloody outfits. Not only is it possible, but it's fun! And like everything in life, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and that's fine. But I think it's a much better way to play than abusing all the cructches in the game until you finally get camped to death. 
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

If i don't have exhaustion perk i play really stealthy.
    When i do i play more agressive i guess. Mostly with Dead Hard tho.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@Manta said:
    I absolutely play stealth, and love it! It's just a shame the game is moving away from that so drastically (Freddy, Evader etc)

I don't see the game moving away from Stealth just because of one Emblem, the evader emblem actually rewards stealth when around the killer too right?

I play stealth a lot, it's my preferred style of play - the running around without a care in the world trying to rush out everything I find boring.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@FujinRaijin said:
    Personally, I don't.
    I carry Urban Evasion to juke the killer or in the event that it's a Nurse (because [BAD WORD] Nurse).

1. You say you personally don't like stealth. (Opinion)
    2. Than right after you say you run urban to be stealthy... (Goes against not being stealthy..)
    3. You say again you don't enjoy being stealthy.
    4. You play killer and hate immersed survivors cause you can't find them..

No wonder you don't like stealth..

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

Stealth can actually be a whole lot more intense than running around like an idiot. Playing mindgames with the Killer and still getting Evader points for being in their TR, not being found at all, escaping without having ever gotten into a chase in the first place, actually juking, breaking LoS and hiding successfully. This all gives me more of a thrill than playing on the Merry-Go-Round with a Killer.

Running should be a tactical choice, not the default movement. Even without Urban Immersion (love this Perk btw), stealthy movements at the proper time will keep you out of harm's way instead of getting you hooked and potentially camped.

• Badboy_Bobby
    Badboy_Bobby Member Posts: 25
    Options
    I normally hate stealth games but in DBD I urban evasion everywhere until it's time for a sprint burst 
  • Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    Options
    I try to stealth, but that is probably because i am trash in chases.  currently i am running self care, borrowed time, technician and stake out, although I sometimes switch stake out for better stuff in the chests if I am burning offerings and don't have items to bring to the campfire.  
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Stealth for sure, mainly Bc I’m not that great at evading and juking. You die a lot less by sneaking around and only running when necessary. There has been so many times I get over looked by killers by simply being stealthy instead of running every time I hear a terror radius.
    Post edited by HeroLives on
  • TrappyBoi
    TrappyBoi Member Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm not aloud to play stealthy because of this new emblem system 
  • AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

Most actually skilled players can stealth and do it well against doc and freddy and wraith and enjoy playing stealth, those who suck at it just spend more time making up excuses that it does'nt exist or is impossible cuz they are'nt really skilled survivor players.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Yes, actually. I enjoy the thrill of having the Killer walk past me closely enough that I can touch them, without realizing I was even there to begin with.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
    I love to.

Evading a Nurse with Spine Chill and UE feels so good.

The only problem is when I get jack squat for an entire pip category.
  • Mr_Grumpy
    Mr_Grumpy Member Posts: 76
    Options

ouh yeaaaaah ;D

• khyrsos
    khyrsos Member Posts: 3
    Options

I usually play stealth in DBD and other games but a big part of it is that I'm terrible at chases esp with exposed or against a chainsaw

• RogueGoddess
    RogueGoddess Member Posts: 50
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwMOC5i2eRk

Long story short...

What is stealth? xD

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    I don't always play survivor, but when I do I play stealthy.