The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is farming so common and what do you think about it

Eveline
Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
Sometimes I just want a normal game, farming is tedious.

Comments

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    The game is about grinding BP mainly so its expected some will want to maximise them.

I don't have an issue with it myself as it happens rarely from what I have seen, there are no rules about being nice to each other and I will just do the gens and leave them to it if I am not in the mood.
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    I only have had like 3 farming games. 
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Most boring thing.
    I used to DC as survivor if the killer wants to farm because I don't want to play a boring hold-M1 simulator. Nowadays I just go afk and check in 10 minutes if the exit gates are open and I leave.
    As killer, Idc and just kill survivors, I don't farm with anyone. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I can't relate to it being common at all.
    But i think it's fine if all participants agree to it.

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    I always let survivors farm if something unfair happened during the trial (hook farms, dc, griefing, afk, tree bug etc.). I also let them farm if they just want to screw around and have fun.

There's no purpose in tryharding in these situations other than prove you're really frustrated. 
  • Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254
    edited February 2019
    Why is farming so common? Well because the game copies the f2p formula. By that I mean it's a grind and that's what happens when your game is too grindy hehe. I bet it wouldn't be as bad if we earned more shards for ranking up or the cosmetic prices were lowered.

Edit: Oh yeah and I'm like NurseMainBTW, if something goes wrong like that then I just help out the remaining survivors.
  • Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247
    Jed said:
    Why is farming so common? Well because the game copies the f2p formula. By that I mean it's a grind and that's what happens when your game is too grindy hehe. I bet it wouldn't be as bad if we earned more shards for ranking up or the cosmetic prices were lowered.
    People farm for blood points, not shards or cosmetics. 
  • MPGamer18
    MPGamer18 Member Posts: 124

I had 4games last night where the killer wanted to farm on PC. While I'm not complaining as a new player to PC and in need of BP ... I've never had that happen on console.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    The only time I've ever really farmed is if I wanted to get rid of an annoying achievement.
    This was when the huntress achievement was still 100 hatchet downs I farm it up with a couple of survivors and in return I let them get the 4 man Hatch escape achievement

Or if there's only one or two survivors in the game because we're going to both mate piss poor blood points anyway making the match and waste of our time
  • Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    edited February 2019

It's fine honestly, as long as everyone is okay with it in that match, there's no harm done.
    I find it boring but if i see that all the survs aren't into playing and just want to farm i might join them.
    I'm only against it when the killers is visibly against it and 1/2/3 survs throws the game and then blame the killer in the chat when they are the one who ruined the game for everyone.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I think it's fine, I usually play normally but every now and then I will try to farm as Doctor

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I don't see ANY farming games outside of events or a lot of bloody party streamers (and even then they will more likely play the same)

• Eveline
    It usually starts by killer not wanting to kill me or others. Yesterday I was forced to farm because survivors blocked me. Killer hooked me twice and didn't want to kill me which I wanted. They were all farming.

I dunno maybe I shouldn't mind. Today I met the same killer twice, once he spared me even tho I offered to die. Second time I was at escape gates and it was the same killer. I felt sorry and obligated to go back and farm a bit with him. Plus it was Billy Whisky. :3
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,213
    edited February 2019

If something like someone dc'd before the game begins or I get a daily for a certain killer I don't like cough Trapper cough, I'll typically let the Survivors get points. They have add-ons for some Killers that seem BUILT for farming (padded jaws for Trapper, speed-limiter for Hillbilly and Leatherface, mirrors for Michael, although those do have an extra effect. EDIT: There's also party streamers.). I generally don't like tryharding as it is in games anyway.

As Survivor, I'm also fine with it. Both sides get points, which is what it ultimately comes down to. The game is very grindy, and, especially for someone like me who wants to get EVERYONE leveled, farming just gets us more points a lot easier.

On the other end of the argument, it DOES make matches less exciting, and said matches tend to take longer since everyone is getting bloodpoints.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

If either survivors or killers start the match with sole purpose of framing then it's bannable.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Honestly, it is not nearly as common as it used to be. In the past 4 months, I have only seen it happen twice (one of which was after a real match). In any case, I dont mind. If people dont want to farm, they can just leave after generators are completed.

• Eveline
    For me it is opposite. When I first started I didn't even knew what farming is. Last two days I got like 5 or 6 farming games, I consider that common.
  • FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    I have had a handful of farm games. I have had matches where the killer has taken me to the hatch since I was the last one (yay pitty) and one where a nurse just ran around with us because a teammate dc. 

They are far and few between for me so I don't have a problem with it. Def not as fun as a regulare match with a good killer :blush:
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I'm like okay than, at least I get faster my Spirit to P3

• WatchBloodRain
    WatchBloodRain Member Posts: 175
    I dont see much easy wins the last one was maybe 30ish games ago was the pig in lerys, two people had DC so she let us have the gens and escape, killer wise I only let them have the hatch if someone DC