The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Restore Tinkerer

I believe that Tinkerer has always been a pretty solid perk, and even with the massive change months ago it still is. I believe the previous incarnation of Tinkerer to be more useful and unique, and was a better utility. The current version of Tinkerer should be renamed, and the original restored. Tinkerer always was only good on a handful of killers, but the power enhancement was way better than limited time stealth.

Comments

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited February 2019
    BTW, tinkerer had no need for it's rework. Why it got reworked? The devs got lazy and didn't want to adjust every add on they brought into the game to work with tinkerer .Imagine old tinkerer on spirit.
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Devs said that after a while tinkerer just started to break killers with certain addons so it was changed. It wasn’t laziness.

theyve stated they are interested in looking at all killer addons and changing them around the time they spoke about tinkerers change. Last ones they touched up were wraiths, I’m sure Freddy is next etc.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I don't get how they changed Tinkerer so radically, from an add-on perk to a gen perk.....yet can't adjust a certain other perk because no matter what it "needs to result in the survivor getting off the killers shoulder".

On the topic of Tinkerer maybe a change would be nice. Right now it's good on Billy and I see people use it on Nurse but most other killers just don't have the speed to take advantage of it.
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Ignoring what the new tinkerer is, the old one was changed because it made balancing killers and addons harder.
    And the devs probably didnt want to remeber that perks existance for easch new killer, you probably know about the outrage when that perk didnt work with a new killer.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    BTW, tinkerer had no need for it's rework. Why it got reworked? The devs got lazy and didn't want to adjust every add on they brought into the game to work with tinkerer .Imagine old tinkerer on spirit.
    It did need a rework due to machine hatchets and the super insta saw billy along with many other builds. Tweakin the add on instead of reworking the perk will only give us the same result but with having a lot of killer add ons having to be nerfed and will only be powerful when paired with tinkerer, which would make it an almost essential perk for some add ons.
    Insta hatchets and Insta saw was fine. People are just crying and whining to much
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Old Tinkerer didn't work for some killers.
    Now it does work for every killer. Is it good to bring it on most of them? No it isn't. But you still can with some kind of effect.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    lol no????
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Since they had to go back to finished work (Tinkerer) every time they made a new Killer, it wastes some time they could've spent somewhere new or needed.
    So no thanks.
    But the current one isn't really great either.

Maybe allow it to "tinker" with Generators?
    Make the regression speed you apply to Generators twice as fast or smthn?

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Btw I remember the devs saying that they are going to adjust the addons (buffing them) to compensate the tinkerer change, sadly nothing happened so far and it's some months since tinkerer got changed 
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@thekiller490490 said:

Cancer, thats all