Announcement regarding the future of the Dead by Daylight Forums:
https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/472588/future-of-dead-by-daylight-forums

How do you feel Diminishing Returns have been so far?

Blueberry
Blueberry Member Posts: 14,608
edited June 18 in Polls

Good for the game or bad for the game.

How do you feel Diminishing Returns have been so far? 15 votes

Good
33%
OnryosTapeRentalsmrpiesellerMrRetsejMechWarrior3XtremeDBDForums 5 votes
Bad
66%
BlueberryLinkdoukenterumisanArcturuskit_masonAdornedMage8426normieganzzSpyUANeverSolusSnuglyPortia 10 votes

Comments

  • NeverSolus
    NeverSolus Member Posts: 472
    Bad

    Initially I would have said good - as in time it could develop into more fulfilling perks and build variety. But given the current rate of data release and perk adjustments (none), I realize that in order for diminishing returns to reach fruition, it will take until the heat death of the universe; at least at the current trending update speed.

    It seems to be nothing but a half-hearted attempt to address balance without actually doing the dirty, hard work of addressing the issues. I would love to be wrong, but as of current I've seen no evidence to the contrary and promises are hollow.

    Again, would very much like to be wrong.

  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 14,608
    edited June 18
    Bad

    I agree. They should've had a pile of perk updates and improvements ready to go at the same time as this change.

    As it stands I already felt like there was very little perk diversity or options of perks to run before. Now..it's even less..than the already low amount lol

    Stack that with the change from splitting basic break and special break and as I'm going down the perk options I see basically nothing. The thing I enjoy with killers is looking for unique synergies with their kit and these 2 changes remove any synergies at all from most killers.

  • NeverSolus
    NeverSolus Member Posts: 472
    Bad

    Agreed. But that being said I'll also highlight the survivor side: They lost the legitimacy of a lot of the more fun survivor builds I enjoyed. Goofy max heal speed or 'make number go up' builds aren't as viable anymore. Yes I'm a killer main, but I liked to make silly builds when I was running around. It really gutted people on both sides, and I do feel the need to highlight it before people accuse us of being Killer crying.

    Just hasn't been healthy as of yet, but perhaps it will become so.

  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 14,608
    Bad

    Oh yeah I am speaking for both sides in not liking the change.

    To be honest it would go a very long way if they just said, "hey just a heads up that we are working on a ton of perk changes and improvements post diminishing return changes". We've heard literally nothing.

  • kit_mason
    kit_mason Member Posts: 792
    edited June 19
    Bad

    I think it's a messy way to repackage the Haste limitations that we were initially going to get. So often my friends will have to constantly ask me questions about how Diminishing Returns even works and what counts and what doesn't and what counts in what way, it's clearly extremely confusing to most people.

    I would've preferred preset Haste limitations, where multiple sources of haste can't add together past a certain number. It's clear that Haste was what was intended to be altered, and I think using a flat limit is infinitely easier to understand for most players.

    Besides, the way charges/second calculations work gives most things in this game diminishing returns anyway (as an example: without DR 100% healing bonus saves 8 seconds, 200% saves 10.6 seconds, making stacking past 100% much less valuable).

  • terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 2,613
    edited June 19
    Bad

    bad i was thinking about putting haste on jason and then i remembered that dim ret was a thing

  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 14,608
    edited June 19
    Bad

    Same. Auras also don't work in OE so that's off. His kicks and vaults are "special" so all those perks are off. Undetectable/Oblivious is pretty pointless for how much he has base.

    So I'm like…i guess we're just stacking slow downs..again.

    If his kick and vaults we're special he could've had some unique synergy running kick perks or vault speed perks to speed up his jumpscare..some cool synergy, but nah. Or if the haste stacked to make his OE traversal even faster. Lots of perks require basic hits, that's off. PWYF is removed on m2's now since that nerf.

    I understand the perspective of balance with those things but we've done so much that just all synergies are removed and there's nothing interesting left. You just run the same perks on everything.

  • This content has been removed.
  • SpyUA
    SpyUA Member Posts: 446
    Bad

    Currently diminishing returns was a bad change but after the 45 perks getting changes in the future patch, diminishing returns might be actually good.

  • Arcturus
    Arcturus Member Posts: 788
    Bad

    we'll see about that. we don't know any of the perks being changed, how they're being changed, or what about diminishing returns is changing (if anything)

  • SpyUA
    SpyUA Member Posts: 446
    Bad

    Bhvr has said that half of the perk changes are for perks that have been affected by diminishing returns and other half of the perks are the outdated general perks that need an overhaul.

    We know they are gonna buff perks like batteries included and that haste boon.