The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Map ideas

What kinda of new maps would people like to see. Not looking for killer/survivor ideas but just map ideas. Personally I would hope for something inspired by Innsmouth but I would like to hear other ideas.

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Personally I feel like a lot of maps such as disturbed ward etc.. feels so empty now. And I'm not talking about pallets or something... but crows, trees, objects etc. Or maybe it's just me XD

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I mean, I would love to see some rework for the older maps.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    I'd like to see something like Lery's Memorial or Gideon Meat Plant, there are too many open maps in the game...
  • Manta
    Manta Member Posts: 117
    I definitely think an abandoned prison would work well. You can play with height, open and confined areas- even extra areas unlocked by powered gens
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Manta said:
    I definitely think an abandoned prison would work well. You can play with height, open and confined areas- even extra areas unlocked by powered gens

Yes I was gonna say this too. A prison would be a great map for DBD.

Another good map would be a graveyard. With grave stones and everything.

One more, how about a underground military bunker of some sort. Think Area 51 but instead of aliens it was something else more horror-based. Maybe biological weapon gone wrong (ie. zombies).

• jobasco
    jobasco Member Posts: 32

I would love a hotel themed map! Hotel Cortez vibes if anyone watches American Horror Story.

Also a grocery store-- can be similar to Haddonfield or Springwood with a neighborhood kind of vibe! Killer could be a butcher or something!

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

@Ihatelife said:
    Personally I feel like a lot of maps such as disturbed ward etc.. feels so empty now. And I'm not talking about pallets or something... but crows, trees, objects etc. Or maybe it's just me XD

The reason you feel this way is because things did change at one point. I think it was during the engine changing that the little pits and holes in the ground (i.e. all the texture to the ground) was removed. Additionally, this made survivors crouching in grass poke up, making that kind of hiding stealth much more difficult. I was at one point shocked that the developer team hadn't done anything to remedy the issue, but that was before I knew how big they had gotten.

• makayla
    makayla Member Posts: 287

I want a mansion-like map that looks something like this, with 2/3 floors.

stairs
    []<-||->[]
    []<-||->[]
    []<-||->[]

[]=room
    ||=hallway

It wouldn't be confusing like Lery's or The Game, it would actually be a straightforward, simple indoor map that would be pretty easy to memorize.
    Certain rooms would be randomly generated and certain rooms would always be there. Some rooms could have large holes in the ground so you didn't have to go up/down the stairs all the time to get from one place to the other. Idk, I think it's a cool idea.

I also want a highschool map.

• makayla said:

I want a mansion-like map that looks something like this, with 2/3 floors.

stairs
    []<-||->[]
    []<-||->[]
    []<-||->[]

[]=room
    ||=hallway

It wouldn't be confusing like Lery's or The Game, it would actually be a straightforward, simple indoor map that would be pretty easy to memorize.
    Certain rooms would be randomly generated and certain rooms would always be there. Some rooms could have large holes in the ground so you didn't have to go up/down the stairs all the time to get from one place to the other. Idk, I think it's a cool idea.

I also want a highschool map.

So like Betrayal at House on the Hill?
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited February 2019

@Steamtastic_Vagabond said:
    What kinda of new maps would people like to see. Not looking for killer/survivor ideas but just map ideas. Personally I would hope for something inspired by Innsmouth but I would like to hear other ideas.

MAP 1: PIRATE SHIP
    A typical old wooden pirate ship, with basement down, poles to climb and some sand/water/sHore

MAP 2: ALIEN MOTHERSHIP
    A futuristic in space device with teleport places to go from one place to another

MAP 3: MINE WITH MAZE
    It says it all

MAP 4: IN-MOTION MAPS

MAP 5: PRISON INCLUDING DEATH CELL

MAP 6: FIREFIGHTERS STATION

MAP 7: HYPERMARKET/MALL

MAP 8: POLICE STATION

MAP 9: UNDERGROUND NUCLEAR ARTIC BASE

MAP 10: UNDERWATER BASE

MAP 11: BULLFIGHTER PLAZA

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@jobasco said:
    I would love a hotel themed map! Hotel Cortez vibes if anyone watches American Horror Story.

Also a grocery store-- can be similar to Haddonfield or Springwood with a neighborhood kind of vibe! Killer could be a butcher or something!

HOTEL CORTEZ IS A GREAT IDEA TOO BUT LICENSED LOL