The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How's that sabo still get so much hate?

White_Owl
White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

Lately I decided to get the Dismantle achievement, thinking "what could go wrong?", so during matches I go around sabotaging random hooks. The amount of times I get tunneled (while the whole team is rushing gens most of the times), sometimes even BMed, is astounding. Not counting all the moris I get when killers see more than one toolbox (but I guess that is more about gen rushing, but still).
Sabo is already ######### as a solo survivor, and all it gives is extra attention from the killer even if you're not hindering them at all (and it's clear when it's the case). Now I get why saboteurs are more extinct than dinosaurs and people would rather rush gens.

ps at this point I think sabotaging hooks shouldn't give a notification (at least as an effect of Saboteur, which would fit Jake as the quiet guy)

Comments

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited February 2019
    Like flashlights I think people assume you're trying to be toxic, because sabo and flashlights get abused by toxic players.
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    I know it doesn't affect me that much when I'm playing killer but for some reason I just hate it when your breaking muh hooks. I'm not even sure why. It's like just hearing the noise notification triggers something in my mind and says, get that guy on a hook, as if the entity was speaking to me directly. I dont really tunnel the person that's breaking muh hooks but I try to kill them as soon as possible. I guess some people find it more annoying than others. I wouldnt be against removing the noise notification if you're running saboteur though, would make it better for everyone in the long run
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    I'm fine with sabo, prevents genrush.
  • JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    It's like just hearing the noise notification triggers something in my mind and says, get that guy on a hook, as if the entity was speaking to me directly. 
    You okay, my guy? I heard The Doctor was offering therapy sessions.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Hooks are the only real thing to apply pressure on the other survivors who aren't in chase. It's also the only objective of the killer. Sabotaging removes the pressure + as killer you can't make steps forward to kill someone. Slugging is no real pressure btw.
    That's the issue if sabotaging killers have and in hands of SWF it's really frustrating to verse 
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Well if someone is destroying a hook right in my face they will get downed (eventually cuz i suck) and put on the hook. I would say im changing target (if im chasing someone already)

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    JanTheMan said:
    It's like just hearing the noise notification triggers something in my mind and says, get that guy on a hook, as if the entity was speaking to me directly. 
    You okay, my guy? I heard The Doctor was offering therapy sessions.
    Yeah I'm all good lol, just overexaggerating it :lol:
  • White_Owl
    edited February 2019

@Milo said:
    Well if someone is destroying a hook right in my face they will get downed (eventually cuz i suck) and put on the hook. I would say im changing target (if im chasing someone already)

Actually it happens also when I'm sabotaging minding my own busieness, often they follow the notification and obsessively try to find me.

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Hooks are the only real thing to apply pressure on the other survivors who aren't in chase. It's also the only objective of the killer. Sabotaging removes the pressure + as killer you can't make steps forward to kill someone. Slugging is no real pressure btw.
    That's the issue if sabotaging killers have and in hands of SWF it's really frustrating to verse 

Hooks respawn, and it's not true that slugging is no real pressure. Defending generators is a way bigger priority than defending hooks, since by the time you tunnel the guy going for hooks the other 3 survivors are free to repair gens. It really doesn't do any good to the killer.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    White_Owl said:

@Milo said:

Actually it happens also when I'm sabotaging minding my own busieness, often they follow the notification and obsessively try to find me.

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Hooks respawn, and it's not true that slugging is no real pressure. Defending generators is a way bigger priority than defending hooks, since by the time you tunnel the guy going for hooks the other 3 survivors are free to repair gens. It really doesn't do any good to the killer.

Slugging is no real pressure, the survivors can still work on gens and don't have to worry about a "second stage" like on hook. A hooked survivor forces at least one survivor off the gen to rescue, while as killer you can chase someone else. This means 3 people are not working on gens.

But if you slug, there are 2 people off gens at best. The slugged guy can crawl closer to someone, gets picked after a gen got finished you won nearly nothing from it as killer.
  • White_Owl

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    White_Owl said:

@Milo said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Slugging is no real pressure, the survivors can still work on gens and don't have to worry about a "second stage" like on hook. A hooked survivor forces at least one survivor off the gen to rescue, while as killer you can chase someone else. This means 3 people are not working on gens.

But if you slug, there are 2 people off gens at best. The slugged guy can crawl closer to someone, gets picked after a gen got finished you won nearly nothing from it as killer.

I've seen (and done) impressive slug plays, it depends a lot on the situation.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359
    I'm sure your teamates love you
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

this game is about killing and therefore hate is involved, end of story

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    edited February 2019
    Sabotaging is a risky strategy and requires both time and good reading ability.

Toxic? Only for people who are not familiar with it. If you see a survivor crouched near the hook you're going, just turn around. it's not that hard.
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Sabo wouldn't have irritated me before the hook changes but since the change if I can't get to a Hook because of sabo it can be very annoying, especially if the person has wiggle DS.

Just put yourself in the killers shoes, Can you blame the killer for trying to get you out of the game quickly if your saboing all the hooks?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I wouldn't care, at least you're not on a Generator then.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    I don't focus on the sabotage artist unless he is 99'ing the hooks and then following for the save. Then I'll slug and wait for others to save. Down a couple more, hook the sabo guy, hook others and soft camp till stage 2 on mr sabo. If he continues after that, I'll finish him as a priority. 

I don't think of hook sabotage as a huge concern or reason to get frustrated.  I know survivors have dailies that require it and it is what it is. Sabo squads and one survivor sabotaging are two very different things.