The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Reportable

Hello guys.

I'm playing for a half year now and I play every day. Love this game but I hate that it's not reportable when a Killer is camping. I played so many matches and 95% of the killers have no skill and just camp. I know u can outplay campers really easy but 99% of the time I play with friends so u want to save your friends. And it's frustrating that so many players do it and they really kill the game for me and my friends.

I hope it will be reportable to report campers :)

Regards TheColdBeauty

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    It won't be. The line of what's camping and what's not, what's situationally useful camping vs blatant face camping is just too thin to make it reportable. I understand it sucks but considering it can often be a useful or necessary tactic, it's not gonna be reportable ever.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Camping is a legit strategy though. It's true because I read it on here.

Also don't rush the gens in this scenario, it's not nice and killers don't like it. Give them a bit of time for the hooked survivors health bar to decrease ya know? Go do totems or something or you're getting hit with NOED and you'll fully deserve it.
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Also don't rush the gens in this scenario, it's not nice and killers don't like it. Give them a bit of time for the hooked survivors health bar to decrease ya know? Go do totems or something or you're getting hit with NOED and you'll fully deserve it.
    You really are on a warpath to make every post about NOED huh
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheColdBeauty said:
    Hello guys.

I'm playing for a half year now and I play every day. Love this game but I hate that it's not reportable when a Killer is camping. I played so many matches and 95% of the killers have no skill and just camp. I know u can outplay campers really easy but 99% of the time I play with friends so u want to save your friends. And it's frustrating that so many players do it and they really kill the game for me and my friends.

Regards TheColdBeauty

I recommend watchign dev diary #3

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

since your pretty new to the game, let me explain this to you:
    camping is a term used by survivors to describe a killer who stays close to the hook. however, there is no clear clarification to when a killer is a "camper" and when he is not, so basically everyone says it whenever they hear the heartbeat on the hook.
    for example:
    i hook a survivor. i now proceed to go and check the nearest 3 generators and kick them, place some beartraps around them and leave. the survivor heard the heartbeat all the time, so he calls out to his mates that i am camping him. i now check the other gens and see scratchmarks leading to the hook, which i follow and - surprise! - there is a survivor unhooking. i now down that survivor and then also down the unhooked one, who now says that i didnt only camp, but also tunneled him. i then hook both survivors and leave again.
    now my question is: did i actively camp the survivor? or did i just play the game, patrol the gens, set my traps, etc? you see the problem?
    the fact that its not clarified weather you camp or not in a certain scenario is enough to make this unreportable. survivors call a killer "camper" for pretty much everything, and if im just passing by the hook on my gen patrol.
    And what if its actually the smartest choice to camp you? what if i got 3 people down in my basement and didnt spot the 4th one with BBQ? should i just leave, allowing all survivors to escape? this would be a very dumb decision then.
    the killer is supposed to defend his prey, while the survivors are supposed to lure him away and rescue the hooked person or to just do the objective. killers like Leatherface or the Wraith are actually designed for camping. There are Perks just for camping a survivor, namely insidious.
    camping is a part of this game and it will always be. just as bodyblocking, t-bagging or flashlight clicking is.
    both sides have their ways to make the other sides game unfun, its not just the killers (like 99% of the survivor only players say).
    punish a camping killer by rushing the gens and leaving, so he will only have one kill at the end of the round, while you got your pips and continue to climb the ranks, wwhile the camper stays low. just DO. NOT. FEED. THE. CAMPER.
    i hope i could clarify this a little more for you!
    have a nice day and i will see you in the fog!

• captainlongshlong
    captainlongshlong Member Posts: 87

@TheColdBeauty said:
    Hello guys.

Regards TheColdBeauty

There's nothing wrong with camping. The devs wouldn't have created 'Insidious' if they didn't want to encourage it. It is a legitimate strategy used by killers to ensure a kill. The downside of camping for the killer is that it allows the remaining players to repair gens undisturbed.

If you're playing with your friends are run into campers 95% of the time as you say, then run Borrowed Time. Simple.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@The_Crusader said:

I was waiting for someone to say that... Its a legit strategy my dude. Just like tunneling someone for 5 gens is a legit strategy... And like how camping someone with leatherface in a basement with insidious is also a legit strategy. Silly survivors....

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    FireHazard said:
    Silly survivors....
    Trix are for kids!!
  • Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

@TheColdBeauty said:
    Hello guys.

Regards TheColdBeauty

I also wanna report loopers and bodyblockers, i wonder when thats coming...

This discussion has been closed.