Announcement regarding the future of the Dead by Daylight Forums:
https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/472588/future-of-dead-by-daylight-forums

Serious rise in anti-lgbtq harassment in game and no action taken when it occurs

arcticgirl36
arcticgirl36 Member Posts: 140

Hello everyone,

Recently, I have noticed a dramatic increase in targeted harassment whenever I equip any charms to show support for the LGBTQ+ community. This goes far beyond typical end-game chat salt. I have frequently received explicit death threats and directives to end my life, as well as some very vile insults. This is especially true if I equip charms to support the transgender community. Additionally, this toxicity bleeds directly into gameplay; if I wear these charms, I frequently experience Killers who will slug me, stand over my character, and bleed me out for 4 minutes while shaking their head, solely to grief. My primary concern, aside from the behavior itself, is that the report system feels completely non-functional for these issues. I have reported these players in-game, but I receive zero confirmation, feedback, or indication that any action is being taken against severe, rule-breaking behavior. I would like to ask the community and the community managers:

  • Has there been a recent shift in how in-game harassment policies are enforced?
  • Are there plans to improve the feedback loop for players who report explicit hate speech and targeted harassment?

Dead by Daylight has always prided itself on being an inclusive space, but the current state of the game makes it feel unsafe to utilize the very cosmetics BHVR provided to support the community. I hope we can look into making the reporting system more transparent and punitive for extreme cases like this to make the community safe for all players.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

  • arcticgirl36
    arcticgirl36 Member Posts: 140

    As a follow-up to my original post, I have received a feedback notification. I wanted to thank the amazing staff of DBD for working to keep our community safe. I am very grateful.

    image.png