We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Why do we have to be toxic tho?

Kim
Kim Member Posts: 76
When i talk to my friends about this game and i say that my anxiety makes it hard to play but the toxicity can make it even harder for me to play. But why does it have to be this way? I don’t really play toxic as killer i just play trapper and try to sacrifice people. So idk why survivors (and killers) have to be toxic to each other in the first place. Makes it even harder for me to enjoy the game.

Comments

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I don't understand the toxicity. I was goofing around with LF earlier and hooked everyone once (for chili bonus) then would down them, pick them up and set them down till they escaped. I let them all go, then faced a plethora of taunts at the end of the game. I merely said, ..."Umm...I kept letting you go. Was just trying to let you all have fun." They instead felt they were uber elite.

Nothing you can do about it. Toxic players are individuals who are picked on a lot and take out their power struggle frustrations online. They don't know how to act decently to others. Just move on.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,616

It's the nature of PvP.

I certainly met my fair share of good guys in Dark Souls games, but most of them just try to kill you and gesture anything but the Bow gestures when they win.

League of Legends is the same but way worse for me as i joined the party late.
    Needless to say, i didn't wanna reduce my lifespan by 10 years, so i stopped after a few weeks.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

It's the Human nature

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Kim said:
    When i talk to my friends about this game and i say that my anxiety makes it hard to play but the toxicity can make it even harder for me to play. But why does it have to be this way? I don’t really play toxic as killer i just play trapper and try to sacrifice people. So idk why survivors (and killers) have to be toxic to each other in the first place. Makes it even harder for me to enjoy the game.

Some people enjoy making others feel bad

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

It's not human nature or PvP nature. Is the nature of being a stupid childish who not deserve even share their time with other players.
    If I would have superpowers to make the PC of a Tbagger blow up when he Tbag I would use it and would be the happiest man in the world.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

@IamFran said:
    It's not human nature or PvP nature.

Yes it is

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

If you are on PC, turn off end of game chat. If you are on console, make your DMs private to anyone that is not on your friend list. There ends the toxicity. Anything done in game that is within the rules is not toxic. If they are griefing, report them and move on. Removes so much of the stress of the game.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@Kim said:

just had a very toxic surv match, all survs trolling around the killers... only that PASSIVE AGRESSIVITY is fun when playing surv, cuz doing gens is lately boring

thats why we need more fight-back perks and items for survs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oneleven

This discussion has been closed.