Will Deathgarden have a report system?

Options
Lowbei
Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
The reporting system failed here so badly that the devs abandoned it to the hackers.

An autopsy of this problem reveals that having a “meh, report it if you didnt like it” system, ultimately destroyed itself.

The lesson to be learned going forwards is that you cannot allow people to report for “anything”. A false report suspension is required. The concept that “well we cant ban everybody, and everyones doing it, so oh well” is not acceptable.

Its like speeding. If there wasnt a rule against it, everyone would do it, and making it illegal didnt result in everyone going to jail, it resulted in most people not speeding, and the habitual offenders removed.

The question is, is BHVR willing to admit their failures (internally) and make deathgarden have a better system, because its clear that they already gave up on dbds system.

So, just wondering, since it will affect my purchasing decisions, if BHVR is even going to bother having a reporting system going forwards, and no I dont mean like the one we have now that they ignore.

Comments

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    :: forfeits a box of kleenex ::

you wanted this, right?
  • Lowbei
    Options
    :: forfeits a box of kleenex ::

you wanted this, right?
    lol i dont know what you are crying about now, but try to keep your butthurt on your own threads scrub.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    i can't resist exploiting bozos.  so nice to have haters.  i would have it no other way.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    :: waits for the land speed record flag to be affixed to post.  ::
  • Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163
    Options

They will have to do someting because the killer in Deathgarden has guns and that means AIMBOTS... if left unchecked it could get out of hand really fast.
    DBD has speed hackers and people knowing where everyone/everything is, which is annoying but nowhere near as bad as it will be for runners in DG if the hunter is using an aimbot especially considering there is a sniper rifle in the game.

• Okayado
    Okayado Member Posts: 12
    Options

Pretty sure this belong over in the DG forums.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Sir, you sure are obsessed with reporting people.
    Are you a Myers player or something ?

• Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Runiver said:

Sir, you sure are obsessed with reporting people.
    Are you a Myers player or something ?

i have only ever reported two people in 1700 hours and both were speedhackers with video.

fyi, neither were banned.

the point is that if they are abandoning the system in dbd, and are now making a new game, it behooves them to show their customers that they have a plan. else their new game, which will be affected by aimbot, will have serious problems and should be avoided.

i do play myers tho :)