We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

The discussion of the entity

Options
profaned
profaned Member Posts: 55
This page is going to be solely devoted to the entity and what it is

For what we know now is that the entity is an all powerful god of some sort and 
The entity is capable of creating little dimensions from which the trials take place 
How it obtains it's survivors and killers is that I've heard it's attracted to large amounts of murder and it takes the murderer and takes him/her to its world

As we all know the entity does various things to get hope witch it feeds off of so the things survivors are granted (flashlights medkits etc) give them hope and in turn give it food

(Also not that it matters but if hags devour hope perk makes her eat hope from survivors does that mean she's stealing the entity's food source for her self :P )

Comments

• profaned
    profaned Member Posts: 55
    Options
    Some stuff may not be true but theories galore
  • bevdog67
    bevdog67 Member Posts: 57
    Options

One thing I find interesting about the Entity is how it communicates with its own language. I know that someone found a way to translate, but it still begs the question, how does the Entity know how to communicate, and how did it teach the killers to understand its language?

• scoobydoomh
    scoobydoomh Member Posts: 47
    Options

@bevdog67 said:
    One thing I find interesting about the Entity is how it communicates with its own language. I know that someone found a way to translate, but it still begs the question, how does the Entity know how to communicate, and how did it teach the killers to understand its language?

I find this stuff so fascinating. I have a theory on how The Entity created it's language. I think it is just mimicking what it's learned from it's victims, both the killers and survivors. It may just speak to the killer's in their own language.
    Also, could you direct me to where they found a way to translate it's language? I'd really appreciate it.

• TheBretzel
    TheBretzel Member Posts: 83
    Options

@scoobydoomh said:

@bevdog67 said:

I find this stuff so fascinating. I have a theory on how The Entity created it's language. I think it is just mimicking what it's learned from it's victims, both the killers and survivors. It may just speak to the killer's in their own language.
    Also, could you direct me to where they found a way to translate it's language? I'd really appreciate it.

Well that would be my thread right here ;

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/375/is-this-the-entitys-language-devs#latest

I'm still waiting on more language phrases to decipher and update the thread with it along with other secret the games has to offer.

As for the topic of this thread : I would not go as far as to say the Entity is a god. We only feel it is this way since we are in it's realm. But if we were outside of it, would we even know about it? And if so, would we worship it?

Think of it like you having raised an ant colony ; you are a god to them since you are in total control of what happens to them. But if it were an ant colony outside, like in your yard or somewhere else, you're just another passer-by that can influence or not what happens next, but don't have a total control over it since it's outside of your realm. Dunno if I was clear but what I mean is, The Entity cannot control you until you're in it's realm. But it CAN influence the real world to make you spawn inside it's realm and then have a total control over you.

• scoobydoomh
    Options

@TheBretzel said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@bevdog67 said:

Well that would be my thread right here ;

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/375/is-this-the-entitys-language-devs#latest

I'm still waiting on more language phrases to decipher and update the thread with it along with other secret the games has to offer.

As for the topic of this thread : I would not go as far as to say the Entity is a god. We only feel it is this way since we are in it's realm. But if we were outside of it, would we even know about it? And if so, would we worship it?

Think of it like you having raised an ant colony ; you are a god to them since you are in total control of what happens to them. But if it were an ant colony outside, like in your yard or somewhere else, you're just another passer-by that can influence or not what happens next, but don't have a total control over it since it's outside of your realm. Dunno if I was clear but what I mean is, The Entity cannot control you until you're in it's realm. But it CAN influence the real world to make you spawn inside it's realm and then have a total control over you.

Thank you! Nice job finding and translating those phrases.I hope we get more to decipher.

• scoobydoomh
    Options

Also, I found a gold mine of lore in a steam group created by devs of Dead By Daylight. Here is the discussion. It shares a lot of useful information on The Entity.
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/DbD_S/discussions/0/358415103478024249/