Bloodpoints

Options
Tsulan
Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Currently the Bloodpoints are capped at 1.000.000, but why? There´s no logic reason to cap them. Especially with the current Bloodweb. Which is completely random and a chore with the amount of perks.

Also, why are the bloodpoints in match capped at 8.000 per emblem? I understand that you don´t want people to farm them until daylight, but why not do a general limit of 32.000 for any Bloodpoints earned during the match? This way, people could stack up points in their prefered role instead of getting the stupid "max" message and then leave with 14.000 Bloodpoints.

The Bonus Bloodpoint perks are also completely useless apart from WGLF and BBQ. Yes, there are more, but they give a bonus which is so tiny and bound to in match bonus, that it´s not worth at all, sacrificing a perk slot for those perks.

Comments

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

+1

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

+1 I really wish the 1,000,000 bloodpoint cap wasn't a thing. I would really like to save up a few million points and then dump them all at once into a single character to max them out.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,390
    Options

Not sure what the actual reason is, but I can understand the 1,000,000 point cap. That way you can't just save up millions of points and instantly level something up to P3-50, defeating the point in losing everything when you prestige in the first place. Right now you can get to ~level 40, which gives you some stuff to work with, but still leaves you with a little more leveling before you can prestige again.

The caps in game, I dunno. I get it, you're not supposed to just do one thing over and over again to farm points. Maybe raise it a bit (10,000) so you wouldn't hit it as often, but they also save a very good purpose. They prevent people from just farming with a friendly killer to get millions of points. Realistically, I don't see people getting 32,000 each game-- or anywhere close-- anyway.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Peanits said:
    Not sure what the actual reason is, but I can understand the 1,000,000 point cap. That way you can't just save up millions of points and instantly level something up to P3-50, defeating the point in losing everything when you prestige in the first place. Right now you can get to ~level 40, which gives you some stuff to work with, but still leaves you with a little more leveling before you can prestige again.

The caps in game, I dunno. I get it, you're not supposed to just do one thing over and over again to farm points. Maybe raise it a bit (10,000) so you wouldn't hit it as often, but they also save a very good purpose. They prevent people from just farming with a friendly killer to get millions of points. Realistically, I don't see people getting 32,000 each game-- or anywhere close-- anyway.

But what´s wrong about being able to instantly level something to P3-50? After all, the prestige ranks are mostly cosmetics. There is no ingame benefit of reaching P3-50. Also, you still lose all items/offerings/perks. So skipping P1 and P2 shouldn´t be an issue anyway. Before the last update, people would accumulate 1.000.000 BPs, 1.000 shards and 3 dailies to spend everything at once on a new killer.
    With the limit, i´m forced to spend BPs to not waste them. Instead of keeping them and spending them when i need to.

The in game caps made only sense, when the old ranking system was used. But now it´s completely obsolete. If you don´t want people to farm millions of BPs with a friendly killer, then keep the 32.000 limit.
    But let people gain more than 8.000 BPs for their prefered role. Because someone who goes in with a full healing build, will see the "max" counter pretty soon.
    Or for example the Trapper, if he uses Distressing, he reaches "max" deviousness in no time. Since the traps give a huge amount of BPs. Making this perk useless for him.

People should be able to have farm builds. Which maximize the BP gain, but sacrifice perk slots. This would also shake up the meta.