Why are killers doing this with ds?

From what I’ve seen killers seem to pick up ds users and hit something or swing their weapons is it some kind of counter play to ds because the ds users that I’ve seen still hit the skill checks even tho they do this? I don’t understand lmao

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    It's essentially the only tactic you have against it. Yeah it probably won't work but it doesn't hurt to do and CAN make them miss so why not
  • amaru1
    amaru1 Member Posts: 40
    @ClogWench I don’t understand how it would make them miss ? 
  • JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Just a little thing to throw off their chances of hitting the skill check, by no means is it meant to be a counter as you've witness.
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

It's to try and mess up the survivor by moving and shaking their camera a lot

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Having the screen suddenly shake for you can add a little extra difficulty to the skill check. It's just a bit disorienting.
  • amaru1
    amaru1 Member Posts: 40
  • Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Because except dribbling there is nothing else you can do. 
  • IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

@Eveline said:
    Because except dribbling there is nothing else you can do. 

Slugging is another counter.
    I know a lot of times when you slug them, the survivors are healed and a lot of times scape but anyway slugging them repeteadtely ruins their fun and for me it's well-deserved for bringing that annoying perk to my trial... :chuffed:

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Swinging used to cancel DS on occasion if it was done at exactly the same time. Of course, there was no way time it properly and it was more of a lucky happenstance than anything else. I don't know if that has been fixed or not. Realisticly, it's just an attempt of a distraction.
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    Swinging used to cancel DS on occasion if it was done at exactly the same time. Of course, there was no way time it properly and it was more of a lucky happenstance than anything else. I don't know if that has been fixed or not. Realisticly, it's just an attempt of a distraction.

That bug existed for 1-2 weeks maximum and was fixed.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

wait a second. Use mad grit, Spam attack while you walk. Free anti-DS LETS DO IT!

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Eninya said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

That bug existed for 1-2 weeks maximum and was fixed.

No it was alot longer than that lol that's why killers would throw a fit when people told them there was already a counter but that counter was to basically have to hit the decisive skill check at the same time as the survivor while it was invisible and you would get the prompt showing they used it but they would still be on your shoulder , I believe it changed when they buffed DS to where you don't lose it while being dribbled or hooked if you hit it, what's so funny is killers complained for two years about DS and at the end of the day it got a buff LMAO
  • Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

If you watch some videos, they'll hit the check but since the Killer is in the middle of an animation, it gets overwritten and the DS is used up, but did not activate. It's a cheap way to cheat the system in the Killer's favor, because they're not able to catch a survivor once they've been dropped.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@amaru1 said:
    From what I’ve seen killers seem to pick up ds users and hit something or swing their weapons is it some kind of counter play to ds because the ds users that I’ve seen still hit the skill checks even tho they do this? I don’t understand lmao

Just a desperate attempt trying to confuse the survivor such taht they hit their skillcheck.
    Sadly there is no counter to DS so......

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Coriander said:
    If you watch some videos, they'll hit the check but since the Killer is in the middle of an animation, it gets overwritten and the DS is used up, but did not activate. It's a cheap way to cheat the system in the Killer's favor, because they're not able to catch a survivor once they've been dropped.

That used to be the only counter to DS, but that got patched out

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

@amaru1 said:

It can be used to catch survivors off-guard, also spinning around makes it harder to see the skill-check on some killers, also it used to be an exploit that got sadly patched

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Survivors that claim DS isn't BS only play survivor. Fact.