New decisive strike

Okay...
First: its so dumb,because the survivors would have to be hung to use it besides you can only use it ONLY in 60 seconds I personally liked the previous one ... but the new one is trash #iwantmydecisiveback

Comments

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

Sorry for my english

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    The idea is so stupid, i mean what if the killer downs you next to a hook since every hook is 16 meters (10m*) apart he can easily dribble you. 
    The skill check appears as soon as the killer picks up the survivor, rather than what it use to be when they put you on their shoulder. It is also much easier to hit the skillcheck, so the distance doesn’t really matter, it really just now depends on the survivor’s ability to hit a skillcheck and hope RNG is on their side and that the skill check isn’t at the very far end.
  • Chaotic_Riddle
    Blueberry said:

60 seconds is long as hell. It should be half that.

Sixty seems fair. Again, the new concept of this perk is to clearly deal with tunneling, something that’s common at higher ranks.
  • ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359
    edited February 2019
    Eveline said:
    What about killers fun?
    Reeeeeeeeee no
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Does nobody read the news post that explains it very simply? Most of these questions were answered right away. Dribble isn't possible anymore and yes a killer can prevent it if they are patient or have a loadout to deal with it. Be smart, its situational but that situation won't always be present.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Here's the thing....

You don't even need to use the new DS. Just having it will be a deterrent to stop the killer from tunneling you. Hell just having it in the game might make the killer think twice.

You don't even need it to be good. You know what killers are like, DS is like garlic to a vampire. Nobody wants to take one of those stuns because it's not a good feeling.

I think the idea of that person having DS may be stronger than the perk itself.
  • JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

At least us killer mains get to bathe in the tears of survivor mains on the forums now :D

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Blueberry said:

@Chaotic_Riddle said:
    Blueberry said:

Sixty seems fair. Again, the new concept of this perk is to clearly deal with tunneling, something that’s common at higher ranks.

Imo the timer for how long it's active to be used after unhooking is too long. If you're seriously getting tunneled that hard, a much lower timer will be effective. At 60 seconds I could literally make it across the map, down and hook someone else, then come back to find them again and they are still in that 60 second window to get the DS on me. That scenario isn't a tunnel and I get punished. I like the change, just lower the timer some so that it really is JUST an anti-tunnel perk, not an immunity for 1 minute perk.

I see what you’re saying, but you also got to take into account towards chases with killers like Leatherface, Legion, or Freddy who might be tunneling and are dead-on your rear end. It’s situational, yeah, but I can see really why it’s that long. I’m sure if it’s seen as too long though, the devs could do something, but I don’t see it as a BIG issue to worry over, especially if they miss.
  • Chaotic_Riddle

At least us killer mains get to bathe in the tears of survivor mains on the forums now :D

We’ve been bathing in it since day one.  :p
  • JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

@Chaotic_Riddle said:
    JoyfulLeader said:

@Chaotic_Riddle said:
    JoyfulLeader said:

Haha! True

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2019

@Chaotic_Riddle said:
    Blueberry said:

@Chaotic_Riddle said:

Blueberry said:

Imo the timer for how long it's active to be used after unhooking is too long. If you're seriously getting tunneled that hard, a much lower timer will be effective. At 60 seconds I could literally make it across the map, down and hook someone else, then come back to find them again and they are still in that 60 second window to get the DS on me. That scenario isn't a tunnel and I get punished. I like the change, just lower the timer some so that it really is JUST an anti-tunnel perk, not an immunity for 1 minute perk.

I see what you’re saying, but you also got to take into account towards chases with killers like Leatherface, Legion, or Freddy who might be tunneling and are dead-on your rear end. It’s situational, yeah, but I can see really why it’s that long. I’m sure if it’s seen as too long though, the devs could do something, but I don’t see it as a BIG issue to worry over, especially if they miss.

Well yeah I wouldn't call it BIG either. That said, 40 seconds should be plenty if they are dead on you in that way. If a minute is really needed in that situation then I think that's also an illustration how overly long chases are able to go on in the current meta as if it's really a minute chase that's at least a couple gens worth of time.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Blueberry said:

@Chaotic_Riddle said:
    Blueberry said:

@Chaotic_Riddle said:

Blueberry said:

Well yeah I wouldn't call it BIG either. That said, 40 seconds should be plenty if they are dead on you in that way. If a minute is really needed in that situation then I think that's also an illustration how overly long chases are able to go on in the current meta as if it's really a minute chase that's at least a couple gens worth of time.

Yeahh....At least you don’t have to worry about that though if you just slug and wait for a bit if you somehow know they have it. >:)

But, in the end, we’ll have to see how it works in action, ya know?
  • Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

@EntitledSurvivor said:
    The idea is so stupid, i mean what if the killer downs you next to a hook since every hook is 16 meters (10m*) apart he can easily dribble you. 

You can stun him in pick up animation i think

• Slayer

@Blueberry said:

@Chaotic_Riddle said:
    Blueberry said:

Just down him and dont pick him up go chase other one the changes are good no need to nerf DS to the point nobody will use it

• Blueberry

@Slayer said:

@Blueberry said:

@Chaotic_Riddle said:
    Blueberry said:

Just down him and dont pick him up go chase other one the changes are good no need to nerf DS to the point nobody will use it

I still think a lot of people would use it

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Good thing I have Deerstalker, Nurse's and Sloppy butcher on every killer.
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Acromio said:
    Good thing I have Deerstalker, Nurse's and Sloppy butcher on every killer.
    Do you really or is that sarcasm?
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Blueberry said:

Honestly, seeing how Deliverance works I'm just glad that there's a timer at all. Besides, Isn't that for the third tier of new Decisive?

The third tier is supposed to be good. It's still not enough time to solo gen so consider that.
  • Peasant
    edited February 2019
    Blueberry said:

@Slayer said:

@Blueberry said:

@Chaotic_Riddle said:
    Blueberry said:

I still think a lot of people would use it

They aren't saying that nobody will use the new version. They are saying that there is no need to nerf Decisive Strike to a point where nobody will use it.

In the past I did want to see Decisive Strike nerfed to oblivion, but after seeing this change I think this is better.
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Here is a thought, no

• Peasant

Okay...
    First: its so dumb,because the survivors would have to be hung to use it besides you can only use it ONLY in 60 seconds I personally liked the previous one ... but the new one is trash #iwantmydecisiveback

You know, maybe instead of relying on DS to get out of a bad situation, maybe, just maybe, you should avoid getting in the bad situation in the first place?
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Ofc you liked the old one, it was easy to use and made killers difficult up to impossible to win. You just want your side (survivor) still beeing dominant no matter what the killer does cuz there wasn't REAL counterplay against DS 
  • Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

@The_Crusader said:
    Here's the thing....

You don't even need to use the new DS. Just having it will be a deterrent to stop the killer from tunneling you. Hell just having it in the game might make the killer think twice.

You don't even need it to be good. You know what killers are like, DS is like garlic to a vampire. Nobody wants to take one of those stuns because it's not a good feeling.

Great post - I agree totally.

• Marvett
    Marvett Member Posts: 159

@Blueberry said:

If you're so good to do that in 60 sec , then DS should not be a problem for you.

• Blueberry

@Marvett said:

@Blueberry said:

If you're so good to do that in 60 sec , then DS should not be a problem for you.

You way undervalue what DS does.

• Marvett
    Marvett Member Posts: 159

@Blueberry said:

@Marvett said:

@Blueberry said:

I know how annoying the DS can be.
    I only say that if a killer is able to win a chase so quickly then he is also able to deal with the DS.
    Just my opinion btw.

• Blueberry

@Marvett said:

@Blueberry said:

@Marvett said:

@Blueberry said:

I know how annoying the DS can be.
    I only say that if a killer is able to win a chase so quickly then he is also able to deal with the DS.
    Just my opinion btw.

I don't believe those are correlated as it's highly subjective. Just depends how close they are to pallets or windows when they go down. Being skilled =/= DS isn't a problem. There is no skill in countering DS, you just eat it and hope there isn't something nearby and there usually is. This is obviously talking about the old one. New one just means as a survivor you're now gonna be getting slugged a lot just in case you have it.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Eveline said:
    What about killers fun?

Why would one worry about that?

• Slayer
    Here's the thing....

Just like noed
  • #iwantmybalanceback

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@The_Crusader said:
    Here's the thing....

I know you are generally against NOED too but isn't it just like NOED?

Both sides have extra 5th psychological perk slot and people have to play around it.

As a killer, honestly, I didn't have much problem with borrowed time and I think that I will not have any problem with the new DS. Maybe, times is too long but we can judge it better when we see the actual change.

We will see it in the PTB I guess.

• The_Crusader
    Delfador said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Here's the thing....

Both sides have extra 5th psychological perk slot and people have to play around it.

As a killer, honestly, I didn't have much problem with borrowed time and I think that I will not have any problem with the new DS. Maybe, times is too long but we can judge it better when we see the actual change.

I guess.

I feel the problem with NOED goes back to solo vs swf.

You can choose not to tunnel and then not take a DS. You can't choose good teammates who make an effort to cleanse totems lol

NOED isn't so bad in SWF because you tell each other when you're cleansing totems etc and it feels like a side objective.

However running around solo and looking for all 5 because the rest wont do any is a pain in the ass, especially if the killer is getting hooks, gens are popping and you're running around messing with totems.

I've heard people try to suggest ways that each player has to cleanse a totem thenself to not be affected by NOED. I think 1 totem is too little but I like the idea where each player has a task and only those who don't do it get hit by this ultra powerful perk.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

Honestly, the main problem with the me DS is the obsession switch. Just axe that and we’re good. Don’t want countless other perks taking bullets for DS’ sins

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@Eveline said:
    What about killers fun?

What about survivor fun?
    If the killer have a mori you dont have chance to use the ds. Mori are gonna be more overpowered now

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

@Arroz said:

@Eveline said:
    What about killers fun?

What about survivor fun?
    If the killer have a mori you dont have chance to use the ds. Mori are gonna be more overpowered now

So if the killler have an addons you can use a perk in one game yes i see what you mean. It will a shame if you can complity destory one perk before you use it

• Slayer
    Delfador said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Here's the thing....

I guess.

You can choose not to tunnel and then not take a DS. You can't choose good teammates who make an effort to cleanse totems lol

NOED isn't so bad in SWF because you tell each other when you're cleansing totems etc and it feels like a side objective.

However running around solo and looking for all 5 because the rest wont do any is a pain in the ass, especially if the killer is getting hooks, gens are popping and you're running around messing with totems.

I've heard people try to suggest ways that each player has to cleanse a totem thenself to not be affected by NOED. I think 1 totem is too little but I like the idea where each player has a task and only those who don't do it get hit by this ultra powerful perk.
    You re wrong swf basically leaves killer without noed it completely destroys noed . Lol you basically saying that cheating through noed is somehow a counter when in reality its cheating stop expecting killers perks to be trash tier
  • The_Crusader
    Slayer said:
    Delfador said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Here's the thing....

I guess.

You re wrong swf basically leaves killer without noed it completely destroys noed . Lol you basically saying that cheating through noed is somehow a counter when in reality its cheating stop expecting killers perks to be trash tier
    The irony? All the killer mains on here cry for nerfs to everything survivor yet its always "git gud" when it comes to their OP crap.

Sprint burst? Needs to go
    Toolboxes? Need to go
    Self-care? Needs to go
    Dead hard? Needs to go

Ebony moris, NOED, iridecsent heads, instasaw etc? Survivors just need to git gud and stop complaining.

Oh and thanks for proving my point. NOED is indeed pretty much worthless against SWF. Yet it's still overpowering against solo. It's a perk that is unfairly balanced.
  • TheWorldconsumer
    TheWorldconsumer Member Posts: 82

I think the new DS is better in many ways:

• it now only works AFTER the first hook- so if survs save it up till the doors open there wont be a sure escape off the killers shoulder anymore like it was before.
    • that the DS user becomes the new obsession is fitting in every way. When you as player already get frustrated about it, just think how it must feel for the killer
    • it FINALLY has an effective counter now. Before the change all you could do is either take the stun or pray you could dribble the surv to the next hook- both ways don´t really counter it. #bringsluggingback :)
    • since you become the obsession now when you use it, it now also has a downside to it. The killer may run an obsession perk- and you just made it easier for him to achieve his goal for it. You may also take away another survs advantage by it, robbing him off his obsession status and therefore maybe disabling one of his perks entirely. BUT:
    • it now is practically the ONLY way to counter the effects of Dying Light once it has been activated. Because the effect only activates if the obsession is dead, the obsession switch through use of DS would cancle its effect- or at least I think it will. Needs testing when its implied.
  • SujYongHoe
    SujYongHoe Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2019

i dont know about u guys but by the time the killer is back to tunnel u, half of the time already passed ur theories maybe correct if he is facecamping. but using the decisive how it is now.

the only efficiant way to get to actually use it is to kill urself by running into the killer.

if u try to survive u waste ur perk because any good player can make the chase longer then 30-40 secs wich by the time the perk already wont work anymore but he still tunnels u.

i believed post nerf decisive is to strong but i actually want to use it, i can just switch to deliverance now and make more use of that.

someone mentioned here "just by having it the killer thinks twice" i can just pick any other obsession perk and he will think twice and i actually will also use a perk

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

If you use DS and never actually use it in a match, you still benefited. You were never tunneled that game. DS is anti-tunnel now. I personally will be enjoying these changes both killer and survivor.

• tizzi717
    tizzi717 Member Posts: 89

where is my fun,when i go down with your no one escape death. Or when you mori me. I don't know. Nerf all #########. Not only one side

• NeaJovovich
    NeaJovovich Member Posts: 234
    edited March 2019

"You know, maybe instead of relying on DS to get out of a bad situation, maybe, just maybe, you should avoid getting in the bad situation in the first place?"

You know that being caught and chased by the Killer is part of the gameplay?

Do Killer Mains actually think before they try to argue?