If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What are the Golden Toolboxes?

Options
scoobydoomh
scoobydoomh Member Posts: 47

I have a theory regarding what's in the golden toolboxes hidden around the maps. I think that each of those toolboxes may contain a gear-sphere. The gear-sphere is a survivor made object that is buried deep in the lore. It symbolizes hope and is speculated to be a way to escape The Entity's realm. I found information on the gear-sphere in a steam group discussion created by some of the developers of Dead By Daylight. The steam group's name is Dead By Daylight - Sanctuary. Here is a link to the discussion: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/DbD_S/discussions/0/358415103478024249/
Does anyone else have any ideas about what's in the golden toolboxes or what the purpose of them are? I would love to hear them.

Comments

• TheBretzel
    TheBretzel Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2018
    Options

This is the overly underlooked gear-sphere in question

This icon appears only when you reach r1 as a survivor and get max pips. Coincidence ? I think not. Mainly because if you manage to reach r1 max pips as survivor you have high hopes of escaping the nightmare. (Lore-wise)

As for your title question ; I dont know, since there's too many speculations possible. Your theory about them containing the gear-sphere is new indeed. I've never seen it mentionned anywhere else, but it just adds to the other possible speculations.

One thing I noticed about them tough is that they're always hidden, like if someone left them there while attempting to hide or something.

But as of right now there's not much to go on into the golden toolboxes :(
    At least not that I've found.

• ILOVEMYSUPERDOG114
    ILOVEMYSUPERDOG114 Member Posts: 45
    Options

other cosmetics oviously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(sarcasm)

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177
    Options

This could be vigo's doings. As far as we know Vigo has succeeded in making a toolbox and a shroud and even a jar of salty lips.
    they may have been able to make these boxes as to give some messages to future survivors.
    for the gear-sphere ; possible entity gimmick, guys. The more the survivor is in the realm, the more adept they become. however, this doesn't mean that their hope goes up. Quite the contrary. With time, they will start to loose their memories. What the previous world looked like, their family, even speech! they can't talk in the entity's realm, and thinking might become dull from the stress and the pain.
    so perhaps when the adept survivor is really close to running out of hope, the entity gives them this gear-sphere, they might think it's the key to salvation.....but what if upon using it on a gen or the gate, it closes everything down ? thus it makes the survivor bloom with hope, feeding the entity a great feast, then losing hope and becoming a killer....
    just a theory doe m8.

• rollerskate
    rollerskate Member Posts: 13
    Options

@TheBretzel said:
    This is the overly underlooked gear-sphere in question

This icon appears only when you reach r1 as a survivor and get max pips. Coincidence ? I think not. Mainly because if you manage to reach r1 max pips as survivor you have high hopes of escaping the nightmare. (Lore-wise)

As for your title question ; I dont know, since there's too many speculations possible. Your theory about them containing the gear-sphere is new indeed. I've never seen it mentionned anywhere else, but it just adds to the other possible speculations.

One thing I noticed about them tough is that they're always hidden, like if someone left them there while attempting to hide or something.

But as of right now there's not much to go on into the golden toolboxes :(
    At least not that I've found.

wow i always thought the survivor icon was like, a doll head or something

• elenax
    elenax Member Posts: 3
    Options

Oh that is the reason, i am not seeing the golden box in the first place

• SadCyclops
    SadCyclops Member Posts: 118
    Options
    what golden boxes are u talking about and where are they?
  • will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489
    Options

@SadCyclops said:
    what golden boxes are u talking about and where are they?

Pretty sure there is a golden toolbox in every map, hidden and not accessible to pick up, pretty sure they are just Easter eggs to try and find, Haddonfield I am sure it is under a picnic table.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

Legends say, these are the new brand new parts which are about to be released to give killers the rest.