The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

SWF Group with huge rank difference

Hi all, I just wanted to ask whats up with this games matching system. I am a rank 9 killer, I have about 180 hours or so. When I play this game I almost always see SWF group with huge rank difference (Ex. rank 2 with rank 18). SWF group is already a huge advantage towards the survivors, but I have to play with survivors way out of my league too. How is this any fair to the killer? Or do the devs want all new killers to play nurse?

Comments

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

SWF groups should be matched as if everyone in the group was at the same rank as the player in the group who has the highest rank. However, BHVR doesn’t know how to make fair games, so we have the current BS system, which averages all the ranks.

• Ô_boro
    Ô_boro Member Posts: 53

A LOT of people have the same problem at the moment, I don't know what's going on but this is clearly not normal.

And don't misunderstand, this is not only on the killer side, survivors at rank 20 are going against rank 1 killers, so... ######### happens.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Kaelum said:

SWF groups should be matched as if everyone in the group was at the same rank as the player in the group who has the highest rank. However, BHVR doesn’t know how to make fair games, so we have the current BS system, which averages all the ranks.

How is two weak players getting pushed to a higher rank match fair? Two or even one high rank survivor(s) can’t make up for that kind of skill difference. 

It is fair now using a mean medium mode when it’s working right to find a killer. 
  • HeroLives
    papaiurso said:

I think the game is leveled based on the lobby creator's level.
    I've noticed this with a friend. I was rank 2 and he was rank 14. He sent the invite in all games. Killers were at ranks 14 - 8 and other survivors (I think they were solo) were both in the same rank as my friend. Only I was red rank.
    If this is true, then we have something people could exploit to evade proper ranking (this and "deranking" #########).

So you’re saying those three low levels should go against a red rank killer instead and that would be fair? Instead of 1 high rank facing a  killer somewhere in between the ranks? OKAY LULZ
  • Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@HeroLives said:
    How is two weak players getting pushed to a higher rank match fair? Two or even one high rank survivor(s) can’t make up for that kind of skill difference. 

It is fair now using a mean medium mode when it’s working right to find a killer. 

Sorry, but it is obvious that you never play Killer, so forgive me if I ignore your ignorance.

@HeroLives said:
    So you’re saying those three low levels should go against a red rank killer instead and that would be fair? Instead of 1 high rank facing a  killer somewhere in between the ranks? OKAY LULZ

Yep, proof that your idea of fair play is one sided. The survivors have a choice of playing at a rank outside their ability, the killer doesn’t. Nice troll though, I’ll give you that. A troll is always a troll.

• HeroLives
    Kaelum said:

@HeroLives said:

Sorry, but it is obvious that you never play Killer, so forgive me if I ignore your ignorance.

@HeroLives said:

Yep, proof that your idea of fair play is one sided. The survivors have a choice of playing at a rank outside their ability, the killer doesn’t. Nice troll though, I’ll give you that. A troll is always a troll.

A killer that’s a medium rank between higher rank and lower rank is fair and not one sided. 
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Oddly enough this is how SWF are matched, they get a Killer inbetween the highest and lowest ranks.
    Personally I think they should be matched to the Rank of the highest rank in the group since they already have huge advantages just being in a group already.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    This isn't new. SWFs have done this for ages to make sure they have a ringer to play big brother and make killer games hell. Or they don't want to pick on a killer their own rank.
    It's part of the reason SWFs get so much hate.
    They don't even have to derank this way.

Current matchmaking has gone even more pear shaped with it.