Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Lagging When Being Struck??

Does this happen to anything else? Can anyone explain to me why this happens? The game only lags like this when I get hit.

https://youtu.be/r_HyLYtVD7Y

Comments

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

That's because you were affected with debuffs from her addons, that always happens with sloppy butcher too. It's really annoying.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

@blue4zion said:
    That's because you were affected with debuffs from her addons, that always happens with sloppy butcher too. It's really annoying.

That has some pretty serious impact on game play for just receiving debuffs.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    I assume the game doesn’t pre-load or prepare status icons until the first time you get afflicted by a status since booting up the game. I used to get hit so hard with Sloppy Butcher’s status icons popping up for the first time I get hit by it as Survivor, that my game would damn near crash. This was mostly fixed with the new engine change. My PC is only a Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop so I don’t expect top performance either so long as I can play.
    I’m pretty sure it’s a Unity Engine problem, but I’m also aware that status icons first appearances hit your CPU hard if you don’t have a good one.