If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Idea for a New Game Mode

Options
Sabor44
Sabor44 Member Posts: 39

Greetings patrons of the fog. I have been thinking a lot recently about how bE could add new game modes for Dead by Daylight and while I am still trying to figure out several other ideas I did think of one that I was curious what the community thought of. So please leave constructive criticism, if you love or hate the idea, and perhaps bE will find an idea they like if a thread like this gets enough support.

The idea of the game mode is one based entirely on stealth. An extremely large map with many hiding zones. What makes it unique is that it is 10v1. Killers can pick any killer they like, but any ability the killer has is stripped from them and all the killers speed are buffed to 125% while the terror radius becomes 24 meters for everyone (making the killer choice almost entirely cosmetic). Killers will be able to pick perks from a select group of abilities to help them track down survivors, but there are no generators to patrol or gates to open. Instead killers will be able to down survivors in one swing and mori them immediately. This type of game mode strongly emphasizes stealth so survivors must stay hidden and will receive bloodpoints based upon how long they last. No pallets or infinite loops are on the map and the only items survivors can bring are med kits.

This is how I thought the game mode should work. All 10 survivors spawn in one location on the map and they have 15 seconds to find a suitable location to hide. The killer is in a blocked off area during this time and when the 15 seconds are up he can leave the area to go searching (think of the entity blocking the exits). The killer will then have 2 minutes to find survivors before a large safe zone is spawned randomly on the map with multiple ways to enter it. Survivors will then have 1 minute to make it to this zone where the killer cannot enter. This zone will be large enough that survivors can enter it from multiple angles and the killer cannot simply puppy guard anyone from entering it. After the minute is up the killers speed is buffed temporarily to 150% and he can see auras of all remaining survivors not in the safe zone for 30 seconds. After the 30 seconds are up he is teleported back to the starting area and survivors have 20 seconds to find another spot to hide.

The second phase the killer will have increased vision so he can see further into the dark and a drastically reduced terror radius, but his speed will have dropped back to 125%. The survivors will have to survive another 2 minutes and make it to another randomly spawned safe zone where a hatch will spawn for them to leave. The killer is awarded points based upon how many people he killed and the survivors are awarded points based upon how long they survived or escaped.

I have been fiddling with an idea like this for awhile and been trying to find ways to work it in everyone's favor. Perks like Whispers and BBQ & Chili would obviously not be allowed.This is a cat and mouse mode in its purest form. What do you guys think? Good idea with possibilities or terrible idea that should be discarded. Please leave suggestions or comments below about what you like and do not like, any criticism is welcome!

Comments

• Sombrero
    Sombrero Member Posts: 16
    Options

Sounds very fun! I would definitely play this. This game is in desperate need of new game modes anyway.