The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Give us the ability to "fake" break pallets

Maelstrom10
Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

Essentially allow us to initiate the animation but not commit to it, either allowing us to stop midway through a break, or anytime before its done
i wouldn't mind if the pallet "kept the progression" on breaking it, but its understandable if it doesn't.

Edit: to add onto this, most good killers are able to fake things (nurse = fake blinks, spirit = whole power based on faking, pig= fake attack, and others have another form of faking such as billy/leatherface in that they can fake a chainsaw to manipulate survivors.) along with the inbuilt ability to fake pathing, red glow manipulation, fake window vaults etc
so giving the inbuilt ability to fake breaking a pallet for all killers would be a nice addition

Post edited by Maelstrom10 on

Comments

• Billhilly
    Billhilly Member Posts: 34
    Interesting idea. Nearly all good killers are about faking something.
  • Maelstrom10

@Billhilly said:
    Interesting idea. Nearly all good killers are about faking something.

Exactly. and all killers (That i know of ) can fake pathing, window vaults, where their red stain is etc why not add pallet breaking to the mix? it would enhance mindgames between killer and survivor and only enhance the game imo. some killers are even all about mind games (spirit being the best example)

• Oooooof
    Oooooof Member Posts: 109

Another flashlight nerf.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

That would be pretty neat, although I think having the progress save might be a little much. You could 99% certain pallets to make people think they're safe only to instantly break them (shack pallet, for example, since it's a go-to place and you can count on someone going there at some point). It would also cause some animation issues since there's no good way to show the killer breaking the pallet in 1/100th of the normal time, so it would just look like it exploded.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

if only Evan's brutal strength had more than a ridiculous 20% max. of speed action breaking pallets....

• Maelstrom10

@Peanits said:
    That would be pretty neat, although I think having the progress save might be a little much. You could 99% certain pallets to make people think they're safe only to instantly break them (shack pallet, for example, since it's a go-to place and you can count on someone going there at some point). It would also cause some animation issues since there's no good way to show the killer breaking the pallet in 1/100th of the normal time, so it would just look like it exploded.

True true actually. i was thinking more along the lines of like progression in that if you've kicked or hit a pallet once (as i believe most killers kick them twice) it would hold it after the first kick? but yeah 99'ing a pallet seems way to strong.

@Oooooof said:
    Another flashlight nerf.

No its not. it would simply be a progression bar, that when finished breaks the pallet. if the killer stops breaking it, then they simply just won't end up breaking the pallet. similar to how you can exit the kicking of a gen animation before its finished. just because the killer would no longer be held in the animation, doesn't mean its a flashlight nerf (expecially since in most situations you'll still want to commit to breaking the pallet)
    it simply makes some pallets more mindgamey and unsafe.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

@Maelstrom10 said:
    Essentially allow us to initiate the animation but not commit to it, either allowing us to stop midway through a break, or anytime before its done
    i wouldn't mind if the pallet "kept the progression" on breaking it, but its understandable if it doesn't.

Nah most killers respects the pallets anyway I dont think this is needed honestly

• Maelstrom10

@Jonathanskilz said:

@Maelstrom10 said:

Nah most killers respects the pallets anyway I dont think this is needed honestly

respecting a pallet has nothing to do with breaking it mate. that avoids the stun animation. im talking about letting us no longer be stuck in the break animation ie like with a generator, so we can mindgame breaking pallets

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    It is a thing with gens, pretty odd that it isnt a thing with pallets...
  • Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

@Maelstrom10 said:

@Jonathanskilz said:

@Maelstrom10 said:

respecting a pallet has nothing to do with breaking it mate. that avoids the stun animation. im talking about letting us no longer be stuck in the break animation ie like with a generator, so we can mindgame breaking pallets

I read that really porly actuelly good sugestion.
    I tend to fake break pallet sometime by going to the pallet and stay still for like 1-2 sec and the survivor starts running and then i get them

• Maelstrom10

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    It is a thing with gens, pretty odd that it isnt a thing with pallets...

Exactly!

@Jonathanskilz said:
    I read that really porly actuelly good sugestion.
    I tend to fake break pallet sometime by going to the pallet and stay still for like 1-2 sec and the survivor starts running and then i get them

Thats algoods man :) sorry if my reply came off as condescending at all i really didn't mean it to.
    And yeah i've done that tactic too! thats how i actually thought of this

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Peanits said:

, so it would just look like it exploded.

I don’t know about you, but I do love me some explosions.
  • Maelstrom10

@Judgement said:
    Peanits said:

KERBLOOWEY

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@EntityDispleased said:
    Oooooof said:

Another flashlight nerf.

??? No it isn't? It'll work like a Mori where as soon as the bar fills up, the killer actually starts kicking the pallet and the bar will only fill up till the killer looks down. You didn't even give this suggestion a chance to be considered before finding something to complain about.

Flashlights wont be viable by pallets if this change occurs

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    u should try to zone out the survivor by kicking it on a side that'll force them somewhere unsafe instead of making pallets stronger for killer and weaker for survivor
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

@Judgement said:
    Peanits said:

KERBLOOWEY

What makes me a good Demoman?