If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Evader Emblem

Options
WolfPad06
WolfPad06 Member Posts: 182

So I'm not quite sure if the embled truly reflects being an "evader".
I looped the killer for the entire game (5 gens), stunned him 4 times with pallets and only at the very end did he manage do down me with exposed effect.
Obviously I got camped and died, but I figured that would happen since killer really didn't have a better play by then.

I get to the score screen and I get... A silver Evader Emblem...

Wat.

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited June 2018
    Options

You need to escape the killer to get full points for this emblem.
    If you get downed, you don't get anything. That's why you should work on losing the killer in some ways, instead of looping, at least if you want that emblem.

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Runiver said:

If you get downed, you don't get anything. That's why you should work on losing the killer in some ways, instead of looping, at least if you want that emblem.

You can't lose the killer if he tunnels you with bloodlust 3. You can't always escape thats why the evader emblem should focus on the time you got chased/time in the terror radius.
  • Runiver
    Options

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:
    You can't lose the killer if he tunnels you with bloodlust 3. You can't always escape thats why the evader emblem should focus on the time you got chased/time in the terror radius.

The whole point of bloodlust is to force survivors to use strong pallets, that cannot be by-passed by it, aka the shack's pallet for example.

Most people do simply greed them and run to weakest pallet to save the strong ones, and pay the price for it.

• WolfPad06
    edited June 2018
    Options

Stunning the killer should count towards being an evader though.
    I get what you're saying, but the emblem seems to be on a bad middle ground between hiding and being chased.
    For example:
    If you manage to be stealthy and hide from the killer the entire game, inlcuding within his terror radius, you will get a silver emblem at best. Even though you successfully "evaded" the killer for the entirety of the match.
    Likewise, if you manage to run away and evade the killer the entire game, without getting away, you also get a silver emblem at best.
    I feel the devs put WAY to much emphasis on the "losing the killer" part of the emblem when it is nearly impossible to lose a good killer unless you get a good map, have the right perks and get him (the killer) to make a mistake.
    Ask anyone who's played this game long enough and best you can hope for while being chased by a good killer is to loop and waste his time as much as you can. Getting away is usually just a happy accident.

Edit:
    Honestly same goes for the Chaser Emblem. You would have to purposefully stop using one-shot attacks and Moris to get even a gold emblem because even if you immediately win a chase and down the survivor, it counts the same as just smacking them with a regular attack.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Evader means to evade, so if you lose the chase you weren't succesful. So points given to you for your effort. 
  • WolfPad06
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Exactly, it means evade.
    it’s not an “Escaper” emblem.
    You should be getting points for how long you “evade” the killer, wasting it’s time, regardless of the end result. I completely agree with the loss of points if you lose the chase, I’m just saying the criteria for the gold/iridescent emblem seems very niche and specific to “spend the entire game being chased and escape every single time or you get bronze”.
  • Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

You also get points for being in the Killer's TR without being in a chase.

If you really want to maximize this emblem. Watch for the Killer chasing another person. Invade his personal space and make sure you're seen for a few seconds. It'll engage the chase, then you can lose him by moving away. Most times they won't follow you, so you'll get the escape. It can backfire though if you do this too much because the Killer will think you're trying to troll him or her.

• WolfPad06
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Mringasa That's actually a really good point for farming, thanks!

But besides trying to purposefully exploit that I think the Chaser Emblem doesn't truly reflect you evading the killer. For example the very thing you said it getting found on purpose just to max out the emblem lol.

• Mringasa
    Options

@WolfPad06 said:
    @Mringasa That's actually a really good point for farming, thanks!

But besides trying to purposefully exploit that I think the Chaser Emblem doesn't truly reflect you evading the killer. For example the very thing you said it getting found on purpose just to max out the emblem lol.

That's the problem with it right now. If you play "properly", you're going to stealth and slowly work your way out of the Killer's TR before moving on about your business. The point gain for being hidden inside the Killer's TR is microscopic in comparison to being in a chase. They really need to ramp it up, and quite honestly I think they need to reduce the one for being in a chase considerably. That will focus on a stealth game instead of the current Looped til Daylight.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

That's the problem with it right now. If you play "properly", you're going to stealth and slowly work your way out of the Killer's TR before moving on about your business. The point gain for being hidden inside the Killer's TR is microscopic in comparison to being in a chase. They really need to ramp it up, and quite honestly I think they need to reduce the one for being in a chase considerably. That will focus on a stealth game instead of the current Looped til Daylight.

^exactly more points for stealth 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options
    HeroLives said:

^exactly more points for stealth 
    There is no perfect equivalent to chaser. Killer and survivor emblems mirror each other. Also, the difference in gain is balanced so the person evading the killer can have a chance to score because that person can't work on gens or help others for as long as that person is in a chase. Also, they are directly at risk for losing max unbroken points. The stealth non chase evaders aren't at risk. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options
    The stealthy person is most likely able to score higher for unbroken and altruism anyway, so it's balanced in terms of risk reward. Stealth lets you grab points from benevolence, lightbringer, and unbroken.
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

The emblem is perfectly fine. If you didn't evade the killer than you shouldn't get the points. You could have lost the killer in 5 gens and if not well that is on you not the emblem. As for someone talking about bloodlust, you have to use the safe pallets to get rid of it or get killer stuns. Try and juke as much as you can. Evader means you avoid the killer, not get constantly chased all game.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    Options

@Runiver said:

According to the wiki, here's the point values for being chased.
    Points received for being chased by the Killer: 1 Point per second
    Points lost for being hit: -10 Points
    Points banked interval: 15 seconds
    This value is affected by a distance multiplier:
    within 5 metres: x1.2
    within 20 metres: x0.6
    within 45 metres: x0.3
    within 60 metres: x0.1
    Additional points are gained at certain time intervals in a continuous chase:
    at 0 seconds: 1 Points
    at 15 seconds: 50 Points
    at 30 seconds: 60 Points
    at 45 seconds: 125 Points
    at 60 seconds: 250 Points
    Successful chase escape multiplier: x2
    Chase End timer duration: 5 seconds

It says nothing about not gaining your points if the chase is lost—in fact,t he opposite. You don't get rewarded by keeping your points for escaping; you get rewarded by having the points you earned doubled. So if the OP actually kept the Killer going all game, then yes, they should have absolutely earned Iridescent Evader.

• Runiver
    Options

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:

@Runiver said:

According to the wiki, here's the point values for being chased.
    Points received for being chased by the Killer: 1 Point per second
    Points lost for being hit: -10 Points
    Points banked interval: 15 seconds
    This value is affected by a distance multiplier:
    within 5 metres: x1.2
    within 20 metres: x0.6
    within 45 metres: x0.3
    within 60 metres: x0.1
    Additional points are gained at certain time intervals in a continuous chase:
    at 0 seconds: 1 Points
    at 15 seconds: 50 Points
    at 30 seconds: 60 Points
    at 45 seconds: 125 Points
    at 60 seconds: 250 Points
    Successful chase escape multiplier: x2
    Chase End timer duration: 5 seconds

It says nothing about not gaining your points if the chase is lost—in fact,t he opposite. You don't get rewarded by keeping your points for escaping; you get rewarded by having the points you earned doubled. So if the OP actually kept the Killer going all game, then yes, they should have absolutely earned Iridescent Evader.

By "anything" I actually meant half the points, which is usually pretty low

• WolfPad06
    Options

Not really arguing about getting iridescent or not. I think I should've fully escaped for iridescent.
    But I do think I should've earned a Gold Emblem because thanks to me all of the other survivors managed to get the 5 gens and earn full unbroken and high lightbringer (if not full for some).

Also @Zanfer we could sit here all day and argue the proper definition of "Evader" in regards to this game, but the bottom line is that the Emblem does not reward hiding nor avoiding the killer as it should and simply expects you to get into a chase and escape it every time in order to get a decent Emblem.
    While I agree that people that aren't in chase can easily get high emblems in other categories, the person in Chase is expected to initiate a chase and escape it over 4 times per game in order to get iridescent without ever getting hit. You'll only get that if the killer is helping you farm or if they have an IQ of -30

• Mringasa
    Options

But how does the Emblem bank the points? Doesn't it only bank your points if you actually manage to evade the Killer? So if you run around a bunch, but stay in the Killer's LoS, he scores a hit, and you lose all the points you've gained? If that's the case, you'd be better off running around a bit, evade, then initiate again once you've broken LoS for 5 seconds for the scoring event.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@WolfPad06 said:
    Not really arguing about getting iridescent or not. I think I should've fully escaped for iridescent.
    But I do think I should've earned a Gold Emblem because thanks to me all of the other survivors managed to get the 5 gens and earn full unbroken and high lightbringer (if not full for some).

Also @Zanfer we could sit here all day and argue the proper definition of "Evader" in regards to this game, but the bottom line is that the Emblem does not reward hiding nor avoiding the killer as it should and simply expects you to get into a chase and escape it every time in order to get a decent Emblem.
    While I agree that people that aren't in chase can easily get high emblems in other categories, the person in Chase is expected to initiate a chase and escape it over 4 times per game in order to get iridescent without ever getting hit. You'll only get that if the killer is helping you farm or if they have an IQ of -30

You shouldn't be aiming for and iridescent because the devs have already said that the iridescent is for going above and beyond in that category. Aiming for gold is always better. As for getting gold because you got chased all game it depends on if you even hit the floor. To get iridescent you have to escape without going down. Gold is when you escape even though you went down. Why should you get a gold for dying?

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

I use boldness offerings for that since that's the only way to really get Gold or Iridescent really, that and running close to them while they chase someone else. That or the 100% in all categories and if someone else does it as well. I've managed to get all 4 before but it's a royal pain.

• WolfPad06
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Zanfer said:

@WolfPad06 said:

You shouldn't be aiming for and iridescent because the devs have already said that the iridescent is for going above and beyond in that category. Aiming for gold is always better. As for getting gold because you got chased all game it depends on if you even hit the floor. To get iridescent you have to escape without going down. Gold is when you escape even though you went down. Why should you get a gold for dying?

Wether you live or die is already influencing the Unbroken emblem. Actually that’s the only point of that emblem.

Chase points should be rewarded regardless of wether you manage to escape or not. Should only be influenced by how well you managed to _evade_ the killer.

like I said, I fully agree that Iridescent should only be awarded to people who manage to be chased by the killer for a long time AND also manage to escape. But I don’t see how being chased for 5 gens (and securing your chased points every 15 seconds) will only yield a silver emblem instead of gold.

This emblem, in my opinion, really has no place in the game. The same with the Chaser Emblem.

Losing the chase means you’re getting downed and losing that iridescent emblem on unbroken. Winning the Chase means you’re hooking someone and on your way to better malicious/devout emblems. Why do you have to purposefully get chased all game or purposefully use attacks that don’t 1 shot people in order to fullfill a very petulant emblem?

I get iridescent everything in my cannibal every single game I 4K except for Chaser. Why? Because even though I ended chases in less than 10 seconds I did so with my chainsaw, so naturally I “missed out” on 50% of the chases I would otherwise have to do if I only hit them with my mallet.

Does that make me a worse chaser? I would argue the opposite, I was way more effective during my chases as a killer, but alas this faulty emblem didn’t reflect that.