Increase punishment for DC

Options
cetruzzo
cetruzzo Member Posts: 323

Please, this is getting ridiculous... between the loading screen DC and the in game DCs getting a normal killer game is getting rarer and rarer... 3v1 games are boring as hell

Comments

• littlejohnny
    littlejohnny Member Posts: 42
    Options

I'd like to see something done about the offerings you lose or can't use properly because of people quitting. I would like to keep my red mori when 1 or more survivors quit or my party streamers when a killer quits. Its a bit of a grind to pile up some of these things, only to lose or not use them properly because of someone's disconnect.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    edited March 2019
    Options

There was already a discussion about this yesterday, I would really suggest reading it. no_Queen gave some insight about this topic, so your answer should be clearer in there! I’ll send an image relating towards it as well.

The link:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/49350/requesting-community-managers-people-who-leave-for-a-specific-killer#latest

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

Well for loading screen DC a lot of that is the fault of the client freezing up forcing the player to kill the game, then you load in with 3 or fewer survivors. You can tell when it happens to you the client just freezes and goes unresponsive and you can tell when it happens to someone else as the sync during loading takes a long period of time to complete (then it completes when presumably the frozen client was killed).

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Chaotic_Riddle

Even Fogstreamers (officially supportedby BHVR) proved to us on livestreeam that its ok to hover at certain ranks by DCing and that you wont get punished for this. This is simply not acceptable if you ask me, it cant be real that lets say with a 33% rate you are not getting punished.

Each DC must be punished individually, prefreably a queue time penalty that increases the more you DC. Thats how basically every other game handles this situation. I really hope that we will see sth like this in summer

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    Options

I see what you’re saying, I was simply just giving you some insight on what a developer had stated towards the same topic. I hope that’s not an issue. 😥

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

As much as I would love DC punishments, how about we fix the infinite loading screen first?

We shouldn't be forced to endure a wait penalty because of a bug that's out of our hands.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

Well, we cannot atm without dedicated servers, cause it can be something else like game crashing and disconnecting from the host, not just choosing to disconnect

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Options

Won't fix anything, people will start to suicide on hook

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 598
    Options

With the current system of matchmaking, it can be difficult to detect when someone DC’s if it’s due to connection to the host issues or just leaving. Punishing all DC’s would be bad as of now. Right now, if players play a certain amount of games and their DC percentage is high enough, they will be punished.

Later this year DBD will get dedicated servers, and not_queen herself said that they hope to tighten the restrictions on DCing then since the connection is to their own servers VS peer to peer. So, in a sense, you’ll get what you’re asking for in time.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

Let them disconect (I love that as a killer), just increase the Quiter bonus bloodpoint reward ;-)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Yeah I love getting 2,5k BP while losing all addons and offerings

This discussion has been closed.