Anyone here know around what date the Mid-chapter update will launch.

Options

Just curious to know. It says on the road map that it will be before fall but that is quite a bit of time. Could we be seeing it in late july or early August?

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited June 2018
    Options

~ 5 weeks as far as I'm concerned.
    We will know because of the new PTB before it, which will include trapper/hag changes, a DS rework, along with a new hatch mecanic, possibly with other adjustment and fix, such as SB and SC changes.

At least that's what devs told me on discord.
    No promises tho, as usual, they're just testing this atm.

About the details :
    Mostly faster animation for Trapper/hag
    SB not recovering while running
    SC losing heal progress if you interrupt it
    DS possibly just stunning the killer in place, but not dropping the surv.

It's just testing tho, nothing is confirmed

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Runiver said:
    We will know because of the new PTB before it, which will include trapper/hag changes, a DS rework, along with a new hatch mecanic, possibly with other adjustment and fix, such as SB and SC changes.

When it comes to survivor perks, these are the only nerfs I think are needed. (Ds, only obsession can use, done, much weaker now) (SB, has a sprint startup so ambushes aren’t ruined, and a 3s exhaustion debuff to wraith too, as his start up would still be too slow.) (SC, just make it 40% instead of 50% speed, so it actually consumes more time than getting help, as right now it doesn’t.)

• Runiver
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Runiver said:

When it comes to survivor perks, these are the only nerfs I think are needed. (Ds, only obsession can use, done, much weaker now) (SB, has a sprint startup so ambushes aren’t ruined, and a 3s exhaustion debuff to wraith too, as his start up would still be too slow.) (SC, just make it 40% instead of 50% speed, so it actually consumes more time than getting help, as right now it doesn’t.)

We did suggest a lot of things along these lines directly to them. Not sure what will end up live tho.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Runiver

Buff has trap range a bit, and increase speed. Instantly way better. Trapper, start with 2 traps, traps start set so idiots step in them, and experienced players have to disarm before sabotage. Also add on buff. And at least 3 more base traps around the map.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Runiver

Gatch should be survivor sided, as that’s the point. Stand-off is what's the problem. Add a key in the basement, or make gens done way faster (without left behind, almost instant with it, hey it’s niche, not a big deal) and possible remove objectives. Keep closing mechanic. This would split the killers objectives enough to give the survivor choices, CHOICES are important.

• Runiver
    Options

@Jack11803 These kind of features have been asked hundred of times to devs. Tbh as I stated above, the only thing we have left is to wait and see. We basically talk to devs on a daily basis on discord, and we're pretty much out of topic as everything has been told and they basically tell us to wait to see what's next.

Supposedly, the next patch update should make some ppl happy. THey may even fix the hit detection on SB, not allowing that kind of stuff to happen :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjCOpo2Tqhs

Possibly fixing insta-heals too, for this exploit not to happen anymore :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0P39oh3AAA

(Yes, it's an exploit, devs clearly told me it's a bug exploit)

• Jack11803
    Options

@Runiver said:
    @Jack11803 These kind of features have been asked hundred of times to devs. Tbh as I stated above, the only thing we have left is to wait and see. We basically talk to devs on a daily basis on discord, and we're pretty much out of topic as everything has been told and they basically tell us to wait to see what's next.

Supposedly, the next patch update should make some ppl happy. THey may even fix the hit detection on SB, not allowing that kind of stuff to happen :

I just want no mither to be viable, and still start injured.

• Runiver
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Runiver said:

No Mither rework isn't planned so far.
    The perks that are on the desk right now are :
    DS
    SB
    SC
    Possibly Myers Teachables (not the next update still, very likely)

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Runiver

Sounds kinda meta doesn’t it?... it ain’t no SB d-strike, self care though. Wouldn’t it be nice downing everyone in one hit as a trade off. I think this would make the perk really nice to use.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    @Runiver

Sounds kinda meta doesn’t it?... it ain’t no SB d-strike, self care though. Wouldn’t it be nice downing everyone in one hit as a trade off. I think this would make the perk really nice to use.

Where’s my buff for no mither go!?

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Runiver said:

No Mither rework isn't planned so far.
    The perks that are on the desk right now are :
    DS
    SB
    SC
    Possibly Myers Teachables (not the next update still, very likely)

If DS is made to simply stun the killer in place i will be a happy boi. As far as sprint burst goes it needs to not proc in a chase and MAYBE increase the sprint time by 1 second but make it a gradual build up of speed vs blasting off like a rocket ship. For SC i always wanted it to be brought back to normal healing speed, have the self care then stop bleeding and cries of pain. Sort of like a no mither effect and then buff the self heal efficency of self care with medkits so that a brown medkit can at least give you two full heals.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Runiver

Guess I’ll re type it. I’m now thoroughly put off and don’t feel like fully explaining it. Okay. YOU WILL STILL START INJURED. No blood. 100% noise reduction, recover while crawling. Recover 50% faster, crawl 50% faster. Recover from debuffs 20% faster. This would eliminate the need to waste perk slots compensating for being injured, and focus on synergies like resilience and this isn’t happening (which I also think should be one perk). It may sound op, but when you really think about how you’ll kill everyone in 3 hits... is it?

• Jack11803
    Options

@Runiver

I don’t know why, I just really want that perk to be good, something about starting injured just fills me with joy.

• Runiver
    Options

@TrumpJunior
    I do trust a few elements of their team to an extent (Aka Jeff/Horvath), but I don't believe in the company's policy that is... a random marketing company more focused about generating incomes than being truly dedicated to their customers.

But yes, these changes are promising.

The only exhaustion perk planned to be changed is Sprint Burst when it comes to the exhaustion part.
    They did mention a possible change for a faster pick-up animation to make up for the fact you cannot vacuum people anymore. It MAY get in testing.

@SadonicShadow
    I suggested them several times to give Sprint Burst a start-up (Aka having to sprint 2 to 5s, 3 could be a sweet spot, for it to actually trigger, rather than it triggering instantly), to make stealthing while using SB not viable, and also make Wraith and Pig's power more efficient overall. Not sure it will go live tho. I feel like they'll only put an exhaustion nerf.
    A sprinting changing speed wouldn't change that much, but could do if you wanted to reduce the covered distance I guess.

@Jack11803
    As I said, it's not planned yet, similarly to several perk changes aka STBFL/PWYF that could use some love.
    No Mither wasn't created to be a competitive perk tho. So I doubt they'll boost it to make it viable, especially since it's already rather strong with some Sabotage.
    Tho, you're free to join in in discord and suggest them some stuff. But they'll answer the same thing they answer to us : "X is planned, X is not planned, wait and see, we consider your suggestions", basically.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

How hard can a perk rework be?

Clearly some perks need buffed...

There's like 8-10 perks I never ever see anyone use.

Why?

Because they are weak compared to other options.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Runiver said:
    @TrumpJunior
    I do trust a few elements of their team to an extent (Aka Jeff/Horvath), but I don't believe in the company's policy that is... a random marketing company more focused about generating incomes than being truly dedicated to their customers.

But yes, these changes are promising.

The only exhaustion perk planned to be changed is Sprint Burst when it comes to the exhaustion part.
    They did mention a possible change for a faster pick-up animation to make up for the fact you cannot vacuum people anymore. It MAY get in testing.

@SadonicShadow
    I suggested them several times to give Sprint Burst a start-up (Aka having to sprint 2 to 5s, 3 could be a sweet spot, for it to actually trigger, rather than it triggering instantly), to make stealthing while using SB not viable, and also make Wraith and Pig's power more efficient overall. Not sure it will go live tho. I feel like they'll only put an exhaustion nerf.
    A sprinting changing speed wouldn't change that much, but could do if you wanted to reduce the covered distance I guess.

@Jack11803
    As I said, it's not planned yet, similarly to several perk changes aka STBFL/PWYF that could use some love.
    No Mither wasn't created to be a competitive perk tho. So I doubt they'll boost it to make it viable, especially since it's already rather strong with some Sabotage.
    Tho, you're free to join in in discord and suggest them some stuff. But they'll answer the same thing they answer to us : "X is planned, X is not planned, wait and see, we consider your suggestions", basically.

Maybe if they didn’t have spaghetti code, they could buff most the weak perks, or do a number buff at least, within about 30 minuted of work time.

• Runiver
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Why?

40% of the perks in the game (at least) could use some buffs and reworks.
    If that was only me, I'd push up these numbers to 60% tbh.

• Runiver
    Options

@TrumpJunior said:
    Thanks for the update. I’m glad that people like you who are interested in a healthy game balance for both sides stay in contact with the devs. Keep it up!

What I suggest to people is pretty simple : don't expect much, be ready to mostly wait, which will eventually get rewarded with some decent changes over several months, and that's it.
    Play the game rather casually, as it deserves to be, because the competitivity of this game is actually very limited and not being fully worked upon, except for some recent patches.

I can tell you that some devs really want to make the experience better, but they are very limited when it comes to the decision they can take, since, as they told me, it's decisions "taken way above my paycheck". That's why : do not trust.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Options

@Runiver said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Why?

40% of the perks in the game (at least) could use some buffs and reworks.
    If that was only me, I'd push up these numbers to 60% tbh.

Yeah maybe. I was being quite conservative.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    @Runiver

I don’t know why, I just really want that perk to be good, something about starting injured just fills me with joy.

They should increase the rate in which you can recover, and basically make Iron Will built in. Instead of the 75% noise reduction.

That would make it a viable perk really.

What is the upside of it at the moment? Not much unless you want a true challenge.

• Tradebaron
    Tradebaron Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Wait so no wraith or Freddy tweaks? The devs said very recently that was being tested for the mid chapter balance. Please tell me it's not only hag and trapper.
  • Runiver
    Options

@Tradebaron said:
    Wait so no wraith or Freddy tweaks? The devs said very recently that was being tested for the mid chapter balance. Please tell me it's not only hag and trapper.

Freddy is on the table, but devs didn't give any hints about the date of the rework yet, while they gave them for Trapper/Hag. So basically, Trapper/Hag will very likely get some love before him.
    Tho, maybe, if you're lucky on the next PTB...

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@Runiver said:

@Tradebaron said:

Freddy is on the table, but devs didn't give any hints about the date of the rework yet, while they gave them for Trapper/Hag. So basically, Trapper/Hag will very likely get some love before him.

I honestly dont understand why they cant roll out a buff for freddy as a hot fix. It would be pretty straightforward. Selfcare skill check cant wake up survivors and dream state transition interrupts survivor actions. Ez pz. Unless they want to just do everything all in one go on the balance patch for the sake of consistency.

• SadonicShadow
    edited June 2018
    Options

(duplicated post accidentally)

• Runiver
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:

@Runiver said:

@Tradebaron said:

I honestly dont understand why they cant roll out a buff for freddy as a hot fix. It would be pretty straightforward. Selfcare skill check cant wake up survivors and dream state transition interrupts survivor actions. Ez pz. Unless they want to just do everything all in one go on the balance patch for the sake of consistency.

Cowardice.
    I mean, at the moment I play Darkest Dungeon. They brough in a new DLC, and instead of making it easy for them, they revamped the whole game around it to make the experience better overall. Result : 37 pages of patchnotes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q1XP9y6aRXvYEKQ1znK82dX-ZutaElJxbi3IvJSt7-4/preview

The only reason I see for dbd not to follow this kind of conduct is simply cowardice or marketing choice.

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@Runiver said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Runiver said:

@Tradebaron said:

Cowardice.
    I mean, at the moment I play Darkest Dungeon. They brough in a new DLC, and instead of making it easy for them, they revamped the whole game around it to make the experience better overall. Result : 37 pages of patchnotes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q1XP9y6aRXvYEKQ1znK82dX-ZutaElJxbi3IvJSt7-4/preview

The only reason I see for dbd not to follow this kind of conduct is simply cowardice or marketing choice.

The devs don't want to upset the special snowflake survivors. Reeeeee freddy iz OP!!!

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    Options
    Freddy getting a buff?  I already think Freddy is OP.  i love playing as Freddy as probably 80% of the time i can kill all 4 survivors.  I don't even run perks as that just honestly feels unfair.  I use freddy as an easy way to farm BP.  without camping you can easily get 25k points and that is before BP enhancing offerings. 
  • SadonicShadow
    Options

@Russ76 said:
    Freddy getting a buff?  I already think Freddy is OP.  i love playing as Freddy as probably 80% of the time i can kill all 4 survivors.  I don't even run perks as that just honestly feels unfair.  I use freddy as an easy way to farm BP.  without camping you can easily get 25k points and that is before BP enhancing offerings. 

Is this a bait post or are you serious?

• Runiver
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:

@Runiver said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Runiver said:

@Tradebaron said:

Cowardice.

The devs don't want to upset the special snowflake survivors. Reeeeee freddy iz OP!!!

What basically happened is :
    Freddy got released, they hoped for people to like it. They didn't (since it was poorly thought out). Destroyed the game review.

In order to save the reviews, they hastily released a nerf patch, so people could transform their review into something better, mostly by also making sure he was as innefficient as possible as well as clunky/boring to play so people would stop it.

Buffing him now would be simply admitting they nerfed it for a business reason more than for an actual one, especially since they do not tend to nerf things quickly in usual conditions.

That's why they're not trustable : marketing.

• Tradebaron
    Tradebaron Member Posts: 135
    Options
    I mean, the two buffs they talked about seem plenty fine so far: make the dream transition a base 4 seconds and self care doesn't trigger skill checks in the dream world. That'll be fantastic for him.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited June 2018
    Options
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/11/communication-roadmap#latest

Given by the Info here, it should arrive between the 19th-21st July, but thats only the best guess you are gonna get here
  • SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Runiver said:

So if all 4 randoms use DS, oh hey i start with 3 perks coz of rng ? That's a bad idea lol

• Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    Options
    SoulKey said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Runiver said:

So if all 4 randoms use DS, oh hey i start with 3 perks coz of rng ? That's a bad idea lol

So dont run it. Its so powerful it should be a gamble. High risk high reward