Should I?

Options

So I have DBD on my ps4 Ive got like 4 P1 killers 4 P1-3 Survivors with maxed out bloodwebs (every perk bought and t3)
Should I buy the PC version...I dont know if Im gonna like starting over fresh..
Pros and Cons for anyone who plays both PLEASE :)

Comments

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

No man, just stick with 1 version.

PC has a larger player base I think... and 10-20 frames better per second, but the PS4 version is fine.

Nothing wrong with it.

Basically it has a lower framerate and 3-4k less players I'd say. NOthing wrong with it. I hope they put it on sale again soon.

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247
    Options

The controls just generally feel better with mouse and keyboard, and if you have a good PC then you can turn the graphics up which makes everything looks clearer and better defined.
    If you play a lot of survivor, you might wanna rebind some of your struggle keys so that your spacebar/A&D keys don't get destroyed.

Downsides
    -Can't game on the couch normally

• Limited by your hardware.
  • MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    No man, just stick with 1 version.

PC has a larger player base I think... and 10-20 frames better per second, but the PS4 version is fine.

Nothing wrong with it.

Basically it has a lower framerate and 3-4k less players I'd say. NOthing wrong with it. I hope they put it on sale again soon.

That's why I was asking because as of right now its on sale on steam..
    I love the game which is why I bought it for ps4 (I use ps4 hubby uses pc)
    but being capped at 1000 shards and buying all the perks outta the shrine I dont wanna play anymore (on ps4 at least) Just sucks lol

• MrsMaliciousX
    Options

@Sn0wJob said:
    The controls just generally feel better with mouse and keyboard, and if you have a good PC then you can turn the graphics up which makes everything looks clearer and better defined.
    If you play a lot of survivor, you might wanna rebind some of your struggle keys so that your spacebar/A&D keys don't get destroyed.

Downsides
    -Can't game on the couch normally

• Limited by your hardware.

I know the PC needs updated but we bought it strictly for larger game plays..We bought the parts and put it together about 3-4 years ago..LOL
    my husband plays on it the most but its saddening that we spent almost 2000 dollars on it just to play stardew valley and facebook games :')

• Dwight_Confusion
    Options

Ummm the new update is due any day basically, and the 1.000 shard cap is going to be removed.

No need to buy it all again on PC. You'll be out around 60 bucks for everything, WITH THE SALE price.

Just stick to PS4. Nothing wrong with it.

• Sn0wJob
    Options

I love stardew valley, so happy the multiplayer is out.
    My god, if you have a beast pc why are you not playing DBD on it.

• MrsMaliciousX
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    Ummm the new update is due any day basically, and the 1.000 shard cap is going to be removed.

No need to buy it all again on PC. You'll be out around 60 bucks for everything, WITH THE SALE price.

Just stick to PS4. Nothing wrong with it.

That's what I was thinking lol..
    im just soooo freaking impatient lol

• MrsMaliciousX
    Options

@Sn0wJob said:
    I love stardew valley, so happy the multiplayer is out.
    My god, if you have a beast pc why are you not playing DBD on it.

because I do a hell of a lot better with a controller lmfao
    and yeah I love stardew valley as well but sometimes it gets a little boring..when do/did they release the multiplayer?
    But Im asking now because my son takes over the ps4 anymore lol he loves his minecraft and rocket league lol

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

If you have a PC that can run DBD well then i see no reason not to get it. Keyboard and mouse is leagues better when it comes to playing as killer.

• Sn0wJob
    Options

It's out right now, but you have to opt into the beta for it!
    You know I felt the same way about fps and now its the complete opposite, I couldn't imagine playing shooters with a controller ever again. Most controllers support plug and play for PC as well, so you can just plug that in if you feel like mouse and keyboard ain't your bag.

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 171
    Options

@MrsMaliciousX i purchased DBD for PC because I wanted access to those sweet sweet PTB's but since purchasing it i've played huntress a bit on the PC because unlike the console version there isnt the same lag when you go to throw that you have to compensate for (Killer main on XB1) but I'd still consider myself being a console killer vs PC main.

It's on sale for 9.99 now on PC so if you are on the fence its cheap enough to just pick it up

• MrsMaliciousX
    Options

@Sn0wJob said:
    You know I felt the same way about fps and now its the complete opposite, I couldn't imagine playing shooters with a controller ever again. Most controllers support plug and play for PC as well, so you can just plug that in if you feel like mouse and keyboard ain't your bag.

Yessss I found it thank you :)
    Gonna play this til hubby gets home to talk to him about buying dbd for pc lmfao

• MrsMaliciousX
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:
    If you have a PC that can run DBD well then i see no reason not to get it. Keyboard and mouse is leagues better when it comes to playing as killer.

I just get flustered lol...all mixed up in whats what ive always been like that too

• MrsMaliciousX
    Options

@JusticeZERO said:
    @MrsMaliciousX i purchased DBD for PC because I wanted access to those sweet sweet PTB's but since purchasing it i've played huntress a bit on the PC because unlike the console version there isnt the same lag when you go to throw that you have to compensate for (Killer main on XB1) but I'd still consider myself being a console killer vs PC main.

It's on sale for 9.99 now on PC so if you are on the fence its cheap enough to just pick it up

yeah that's why I was wondering..I wouldn't even think about it if it was still full price but seeing that is only 10$ I figured why not? I mean I tried it for like a day when it was free that one weekend but I only played one match..But Im sure that there is a big difference between PS4 and PC..Im just worried Ill buy it and never play it haha

• Sn0wJob
    Options

@MrsMaliciousX said:

@Sn0wJob said:

Gonna play this til hubby gets home to talk to him about buying dbd for pc lmfao

Enjoy! Concerned Ape added lots of goodies to the new update.
    Another good thing is you can play swf over VOIP calls, although as a killer main it hurts to say that out loud.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@MrsMaliciousX said:
    So I have DBD on my ps4 Ive got like 4 P1 killers 4 P1-3 Survivors with maxed out bloodwebs (every perk bought and t3)
    Should I buy the PC version...I dont know if Im gonna like starting over fresh..

Pros
    Higher fps, better performance
    Mouse+keyboard
    Larger community, less waiting time
    Bill

Cons
    You need to start grinding from 0 again (dont forget that prestige doesnt give you sth)

Basically, if you plan to keep playing DBD on a regular basis, I would suggest switchigng to PC, especially if you are killer you will enjoy the aiming with the mouse. As a survivor you might have difficulties at the beginning because killers profit a lot from the higher FPS on PC, especially nurse

• MrsMaliciousX
    Options

@Sn0wJob said:

@MrsMaliciousX said:

@Sn0wJob said:

Enjoy! Concerned Ape added lots of goodies to the new update.
    Another good thing is you can play swf over VOIP calls, although as a killer main it hurts to say that out loud.

Even on ps4 I dont play with swf very much..I do a heck of a lot better when I just play solo..But I think that if I do end up getting it the survivor controls (I main survivor but play killer almost every day) is going to be the hardest part for me..May have to have hubby buy me a controller :')

• MrsMaliciousX
    Options

@Master said:

@MrsMaliciousX said:

Pros
    Higher fps, better performance
    Mouse+keyboard
    Larger community, less waiting time
    Bill

Cons
    You need to start grinding from 0 again (dont forget that prestige doesnt give you sth)

Basically, if you plan to keep playing DBD on a regular basis, I would suggest switchigng to PC, especially if you are killer you will enjoy the aiming with the mouse. As a survivor you might have difficulties at the beginning because killers profit a lot from the higher FPS on PC, especially nurse

yeah thats my big iffy is the grinding part it took me almost a year to get me to where I am now..LOL I have two small kids so play time is very limited/short some days..

• MrsMaliciousX
    Options

@MrsMaliciousX said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

BUT if I do get the DBD for PC I dont HAVE to buy the dlcs lmfao..I could farm the shards :')
    I just miss playing but I wont play on ps4 since my shards are at max

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604
    Options

It's entirely up to you. If you think you'll place the PC version actively as well as the PS4 version you can go right ahead. It's your money and we have no right to tell you how to use it.

• MrsMaliciousX
    Options

@TigerKirby215 said:
    It's entirely up to you. If you think you'll place the PC version actively as well as the PS4 version you can go right ahead. It's your money and we have no right to tell you how to use it.

Nah I was just looking to see if people who have both on ps4 and pc which on they like better and think is better?..wasn't really looking for a YES YOU HAVE TO DO IT..more of a pros and cons lol thats it

• Dwight_Confusion
    Options

PC is better overall, but not by too much.

If you already have it for PS4... no need to get it agian. Trust me.

• MrsMaliciousX
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    PC is better overall, but not by too much.

If you already have it for PS4... no need to get it agian. Trust me.

Do you have both? lol

• Dwight_Confusion
    Options

I do not currently have both no. I've played it on PC before though.

You're already time invested into PS4. No need to waste that and effort over a few more days of waiting. That's poor decision making.

Just wait it out. It will be out from now until tues/wed next week. Less than a week for sure. Just relax and wait.

If you just wanted to get the base game, maybe do that I guess as its 10 bucks, but no need to buy it all again for 50-60 bucks.

PC has larger player base and smoother play by 15-20% if your computer is strong.

Otherwise there's not much difference. Millennials today are spoiled greatly with frame rates and all that.

The game runs around 26-35 FPS for me on PS4 I'd say.

• MrsMaliciousX
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    I do not currently have both no. I've played it on PC before though.

You're already time invested into PS4. No need to waste that and effort over a few more days of waiting. That's poor decision making.

Just wait it out. It will be out from now until tues/wed next week. Less than a week for sure. Just relax and wait.

If you just wanted to get the base game, maybe do that I guess as its 10 bucks, but no need to buy it all again for 50-60 bucks.

PC has larger player base and smoother play by 15-20% if your computer is strong.

Otherwise there's not much difference. Millennials today are spoiled greatly with frame rates and all that.

The game runs around 26-35 FPS for me on PS4 I'd say.

I know once the update comes out my ass is back on ps4 lol..
    Ive always wanted it for pc but wasnt sure if Id like it and i would only buy the base game..
    I already spent money on all the dlcs for ps4 I wont do it again lol no matter how much I love the game..
    Pc may have larger player base and runs smoother Im just more worried about the cheats that Ive been seeing popping up everywhere for the pc.

and Im hoping to god it comes out next week lol I have an itch and it really really really needs scratched lmfao

• DRAGOON
    DRAGOON Member Posts: 126
    Options

I'm into this game waaaay to deep to want to start from scratch as I sure you are too. Unless bH had some progress transfer program like GTA V had for players on previous generation consoles then I'm pretty much stuck on the PS4 for now. I could imagine switching to PC, getting games really fast with good ping, smooth frame rate; then going back to the PS4 version and feeling like you're playing the game on a PS2.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Options

Yeah its a great game and I very much support it in every way.

The hype has fizzled with this now 10 day wait for it on console, but it will come out eventually. I'm hoping maybe tomorrow.

• Doc
    Doc Member Posts: 94
    Options

Switch! I use to play console and I'm so happy I switched. Loading times are quicker, matchmaking is quicker, ptb, updates quicker, better graphics, restarting is actually kinda fun, and keyboard and mouse is a lot better.

• MrsMaliciousX
    Options
    Doc said:

Switch! I use to play console and I'm so happy I switched. Loading times are quicker, matchmaking is quicker, ptb, updates quicker, better graphics, restarting is actually kinda fun, and keyboard and mouse is a lot better.

I'm worried I won't like the mouse and keyboard lol

• DRAGOON
    DRAGOON Member Posts: 126
    Options

you could still use a controller to play survivor. I'm assuming playing killer with a keyboard and mouse is a hell of a lot better.