New idea for hatch standoffs?

Options

Hi there - not sure if anyone has suggested this yet....

On hatch activation, allow the killer to close the hatch. In 30 seconds, the hatch respawns somewhere on the map, open and available to the survivor. This would prevent hatch standoffs - the hatch wouldn't be there - and would benefit both the killer (give them more time to hunt) and the survivor (reward additional stealthy gameplay).

Thoughts?

Comments

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

They toyed with closing the hatch, it results in nearly all survivors dying. Look, the hatch is fine. If I get you down before you get to the hatch, great, escape and we go to the next match. It is earned by doing enough gens to spawn it, then finding it. If I stop you before you get there, congrats to me. Hook, end, next match. If we both get there at same time. GG, go, next match. My ego does not whither at a 3k.

The hatch fits the horror genre. In every movie, one person escapes by sheer luck, or through slim circumstances. The hatch represents that escape.

Oh, if I'm the survivor the killer is hard camping the hatch, I'll go do gens. Again, not going to have a unit measuring contest at the hatch. It is purely egotistical and stupid.

• Storml0rd
    Storml0rd Member Posts: 18
    Options

I agree - there should be no reason to camp the hatch - and certainly not for the hour-long horror stories we've all heard. This is merely a suggestion to compensate for those out there who find themselves stuck in that situation. That being said, it's not a cure-all, but I think that between the closing and respawning, it may be a salve for this particular situation.