Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Killer has crazy potential if....

They wouldn't be so scared of having benefits to killer powers and not so many random downsides....

The full heals on the pool? Really @devs? Really?!?! That aint right....that aint cool at all, its so exploitable it isnt even funny.

Second problem, the base duration of diseased items is too low to even consider it an actual viable method of spreading the disease its too low, its bad. If it was like a full minute or something sure Id consider vomiting on random objects on that off random chance that someone touches it. I wouldn't spend add ons for something like that though, max duration should be base kit, its a waste of a slot.

As it stands right now, you spit on someone, and its basically a temporary tracking device. Sure you could vomit on them multiple times......BUT THE AMOUNT OF TIME YOU TOOK TO DO THAT YOU COULD HAVE JUST HIT THEM!

As for the pool auras.....why is it I can only see them after a survivor has touched them, as soon as I jumped in I expected the most logical adaptation of just having them automatically highlighted like the pigs jigsaw boxes. Kind of hard to use your brain for those things when you can't see them and possibly predict where a survivor might head. Small issue though.

Aside from constantly making noise it doesn't feel like theres any real danger to being sick, so what you go broken.....when has broken ever been a scary status effect? ITS NOT A SCARY STATUS EFFECT, IN FACT ITS SO NOT SCARY THERES A PERK THAT DOES DAMN NEAR THE SAME THING ON THE SURVIVOR SIDE! All I'm doing is insuring that they can use dead hard.....like.....at the most inconvenient times. Oh and if you try to do the smart thing and just leave all of your pools corrupted so they can't just quickly heal (full heal btw) They'll just time out and swap back to normal so theres no way to get the virus to spread that far in any given match.

So you can injure multiple people at the same time with your super spit, which is a cool use of the skill, (in the off chance that all of them are grouped together enough) but hey at least its better than leatherface where in order to pull off that trick they all have to be super clumped together. I wanted to jump into this killer on release but I can't handle a full heal on pools thats just toxic.....If anything had to go and I just had to settle with an add on heavy reliance for disease duration sure I'd take anything over a full heal as soon as they spend 5 seconds on a pool.....just....wow......

I low key kind of want the perks....but that just isn't enough to sell me on a killer, I like to play the killer I bought not just use the purchase to get a buncha perks on a killer I will level to 40 and never pick up again.....She needs help....

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I'm seeing more people defend her but the fact is this is all true, I'm actually tired of explaining it to people, they don't get it. I was REALLY excited for this Killer, I got here when Clown arrived on console so this was my Killer I actually got excited about and I am super disappointed with her. T

he Plague is amazing and I love the theme and mechanics but the execution is not right, why is her actual legitimate play style completely different than how she should be played? She should be infecting everything and spreading her debilitating disease and making Survivors sick and it be a nightmare. But she's just a faster Myers with a normal TR.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I’m a little concerned because Freddy, the killer everyone says is weak and bad, has a distinct advantage no other killer has: pure invisibility in the waking world and practically unlimited aura reading in the dream world. This makes it so people who do pick him up can make him work.

What does this killer have? I play on console so I can only watch others on the ptb, but I am concerned that this killer will be better off just using her basic attack because anything else is a waste of time. It would be one thing if corrupted purge instantly downed people or being sick gave you a slower speed on actions, but it’s not.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I'm not gonna lie, I'm super upset that the first Killer we get after Legion also has their power basically hard countered by No Mither.

I totally agree about the random downsides. I just wish we could get Killers with less complicated powers.

I really hope the next chapter has a Killer whose power is all bonus, even if it's a tiny bonus, rather than a bonus + random downsides tacked on to make it balanced.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I think the worst thing about the killer at the moment is that you cannot "save" all the corrupted pools and leave all survivors unable to cure themselves. When all fountains are corrupted, they all instantly cleans themselves..

Like, what?

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Theres just no point to using her power. The natural instinct is to spit on people when you get an opening, but doing it on an injured survivor is just asking them to go full heal it off. At 115 she's basic at loops at best. At least with legion you got some utility from using it, vaulting windows etc. But her kit is so counter productive.