[How-To] Mute/Unmute DbD With A Macro Key

If you ever wished you could easily mute DbD without having to go through the trouble of entering settings and using the slider, then I have a solution you may be able to use.

This solution has the following requirements:

• NirCmd must be installed
  • You need to be able to assign a keyboard or mouse key to launch a program (unless you want to manually launch the toggle).

NirCmd is a command line utility with a lot of enhanced functionality. You can get it at nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html (scroll all the way down to the bottom for download links).

After installing NirCmd (and making sure it is part of your PATH), then you need to create a .bat file with the following contents:

@ECHO OFF
FOR /F %%T IN ('Wmic process where^(Name^="DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe"^)get ProcessId^|more +1') DO (
SET /A ProcessId=%%T) &GOTO SkipLine
:SkipLine
nircmd muteappvolume /%ProcessId% 2

Save the file and place it somewhere it doesn't bother you. Then launch your keyboard or mouse software and assign a key to launch that specific .bat file when you press the key.

When that .bat file executes it will find the DbD process and toggle its mute status. If it is muted it will become unmuted and vice versa.

What the code does is just like if you were to open the Windows Volume Mixer and manually click the mute button for DbD.

I hope it will be useful for others. I know it has for me :)

Enjoy.

Comments

• Brainiac
    Brainiac Member Posts: 2

Thanks, that help a lot.

But is there a way, to hide the cmd window, after use this command?

• Blazeflack
    Blazeflack Member Posts: 11

It should automatically close the command prompt window, unless you added "wait" on the bottom line. Mine closes automatically, although it does pop up for a short second first.