The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors refusing to leave after exit gates are open

I legitimately can't wrap my head around the pettiness that consumes the playerbase of this game sometimes. I just played a killer game against 4 swf - one of them last second switched in the lobby, there was a bunch of flashlight spamming, hook swarming, the usual business.

I only managed to kill 1, the other 2 left which is fine but one Claudette would NOT leave. I literally patrolled the map for 10 or more minutes and this survivor just sat at the exit gate the entire time refusing to leave until I'd seen her run out with a teabag. Just, why? Why bother? All they did was waste my time, and theirs. I'm not a big fan of going to exit gates after they've been opened simply because I know I'm just going to get taunted and it's immature stuff like this that makes me not want to play killer at all. It's just so petty, I don't understand it. I've got 10 minutes worth of footage of this person just sitting at the exit gates.

Just curious - How do you react when stuff like this happens in your games?

Comments

• TheCatLady
    TheCatLady Member Posts: 60

Yeah thicker skin is probably what's needed. It just sucks because it's so unnecessary for them to act like that. Some people just enjoy making fun of other people I guess.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

Walk backwards towards the exit, that's what I do. Deny them the pleasure of seeing them. Or I fake being afk if I'm playing Myers, tap away from tier 3.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

"unnecessary for them to act like that"<---basically this.

I also cannot understand why exactly they are doing that, because it would not be any fun for me to be toxic.

If someone refuses to leave, you can also go somewhere and be afk, if you have something else to do. But if you want to go to the next game, you sadly have to smack them out.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I've convinced myself that teabagging is a friendly gesture. After all, it is when survivors greet each other at the start of the match.

"Bye-Bye" they say, as they leave, with their bums.

If you watch YouTube videos or streams you see a lot of T-baggers have a friendly chat with the killer at the end of game so there is no reason to assume they mean any ill will towards you.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@TheCatLady

Occasionally the reason is that one of them wants to find the Hatch no matter how long it takes. At least this could be solved by removing the dumbest thing about the Hatch: the BP reward (2500 I think). There's no sane reason why a Hatch escape should give extra BP - exit gate escape takes more effort. I'm not even mad about the hatch mechanics as so many other killers are, but the reward is incredibly stupid.

Other than that, there's not much else you can do. If you regularly record your games (I do it almost all the time now, it's quite simple), you can actually report the ones who really drag it on for too long (more than 5 minutes I'd say), because this falls into the "holding the game hostage" category, and reporting doesn't have any effect without video evidence.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller

I agree. It should be fewer points considering that you can escape through the hatch when only two gens have been done!

• Eveline

Walking backwards always work. They escape when you get close to them and you don't see them. Win win.

• BringBackOldBT
    BringBackOldBT Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2019

Taunting has been in literally every game ever, sometimes even encouraged, if you don't let it bother you it gets old and boring real quick for the taunter, but if every killermain and their parents have to cry about it on forums then yeah it's gonna become a thing.

Also it gives us more points, it gives you more points, I give free hits to killers if they aren't running franklin's and thought I was being nice.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller

It's a shame the killers cannot taunt. The pig can teabag a little but she's got bad knees.

• TheCatLady
  • TheCatLady

I thought nodding and hitting on the hook was the killer equivalent of teabagging

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Borrowed Time used to be a one time only deal. Now you can use it multiple times which can be a huge pain when survivors are hook bombing.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Honestly people lurking at the gates have always been somewhat entertaining for me. For starters, it's a solid risk for them. If they get downed far enough away or at the wrong angle you can grab them. Furthermore, if you have Franklin's Demise you can steal their stuff. The real reason I don't care is that I find that they are offering you BPs and sometimes just want WGLF tokens. Each successful hit is 500BP. If all 4 survivors stay at the gate and you get just one hit in that's 2000BP. If they let you get a few more hits in you might be looking at 3000BP or 4000BP.

So if folks are being rude and make you not want to got to the gate, just think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nVoqbnCtwg

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

If they stay there forever, start recording. Then after the match report them. If they have a means of leaving but don't, then they're holding up the match

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Also, if you happen to play a killer like Huntress or Spirit or something that can be hard to master feel free to use them as practice dummies.

I find the most success when using them as hatchet targets since they usually just stay for heal points as long as you avoid getting too close.

• Eveline
    edited March 2019

Noed and blood warden should activate 10 minutes after gates are opened and every survivor aura becomes visible.

• Eveline

And hatch is closed.

• Aven_Fallen

Recording to report them instead of just hit them so they go out is quite dumb tbh. Also unnecessary.

• Eveline

So they can do it again? No, they should be banned.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Nurse them up. Please. They'll give you streams of salt.

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    edited March 2019

I have stood in one spot as an uncloaked wraith who was running noed at that time. The remaining three got away from me (I killed the first, I don’t think he was part of their little group) did their little taunting actions at the gate. I just stood a fair distance back, uncloaked, staring at them.

One got bold and came right up to me, unaware I had an active noed. I ended up killing two of them while the other one bailed. Was quite funny.

I just stand there and look at people now. If they want to test the waters with me and come towards me, by all means do so.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Toxic players continue to confuse me with their ''logic'' and ''methods''. I chase them and down them, DC. I manage to dribble them to the hook to deny their D-Strike, DC. 1 Survivor left because all their teammates are dead, they make as much noise as possible so they can lure me over there to watch them jump in. Or in some cases like you to watch them leave the game, if I have time I just never show up, I deny them the satisfaction of me showing them out. They can jump all they want over that pallet but I'll go to Youtube and watch my shows while having a snack.

Of course then you get Survivors who have both Exits open and refuse to leave until you give them the hatch, I despise those wastes of space. I long for Endgame fixes where I can dominate these sacks of bile and bathe in their blood as the Entity takes them.

• Eveline

^ That should be the way game was supposed to be designed but mah, let's make a parody where survivors bully the killer.

• Apoch
    Apoch Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2019

Their probably fishing for an escape blood point reward (250 I think) after you hit them at the exit gates. Either that or they think they can get more points by looking for totems, chests or sabotage a few hooks, maybe find you and get a few more chases / pallet slams on the killer. Their either farmers or butt dancers anyway.

• Captain
    Captain Member Posts: 39

Lol nice try teabagging at the gate is a tell tell sign that you are insulting the killer

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

I got game wher one gate was open and last 2 survs want fking hatch.I patrol map for 5min but no one want go to gate after 5 min i start record this crap.And finaly i see somone and get one more on hook when next one waitvon hatch.Fk this end game surv greed for hatch.You can escape to the gate but no i want fking hatch.

• Aven_Fallen

As a Killer you can push them out. If you dont do it (and especially because of childish reasons), you are holding the game hostage as well.

A different thing would be a survivor sneaking around the Map to hold the game Hostage. Killer cannot really do anything about that.

• Stompa
    Stompa Member Posts: 154

i dont host them in the first place, id rather wait longer in queue instead of having a bunch of monkeys playing ochido / abuse the mmr with their team comp / have another ddos /dh on rocks /attack / get insulted / griefed / threatened / have the game taken hostage because someone of them endet up in the entitys belly. and much more depending on time and the region i host

i prefer having a even matchup (no matter if win or loose ) and just enjoy the game as it is. swf makes this impossible for me

i stick with waiting 20 minutes avg queue time over having a frustrating expierience i truly havent payed for

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

They do it because people are awful horrible things and deserve to be put on a hook and consumed by an eldrich horror from beyound the stars! Just let it fuel you for the next game ^.^

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505

I generally leave and watch Netflix. Watched an entire episode of The Flash (45 min episodes) while waiting for a survivor to leave a game once.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,132

The hatch shouldn't be worth an extra 2k points. It should be worth the same amount as escaping through the exit gate. That would end a lot of this nonsense.

I once had a match where I was farming with a couple survivors. Then, they both see the hatch and try to claim it. After much waiting for them to figure it out amongst themselves, I slugged them both and carried them to the exit gate. Seems like a pretty straightforward way of saying "Leave, no one gets the hatch." Well, they both crawled back to the hatch! One finally crawled back to the exit and escaped because she was closer to death, and I immediately hooked the other one.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

How i react?

I don't.

Any kind of reaction will just get me more annoyed and agitated.

I find the best solution to these kinds of things is to move on to a new match ASAP.

As a bonus, you leaving the scoreboard screen immediately may prevent them from any more trash talk, if they were planning to.

• Boss
    edited March 2019

ASAP means As Soon As Possible.

"Possible" being the keyword here.

Besides, the "LEAVE MATCH" button is still a thing.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
  • MhhBurgers

There's no reason for this game to not have a timelimit on endgame. Survivors opening the gates and exiting through them should not take more than 5 minutes and I'm being VERY generous here.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

No way. How many times has this scenario played out....NOED procs and the killer catches someone as the gate is being opened. That person gets hooked and the other survivors hunt for the totem. That person may be on first hook stage. So you’re telling after a minute and a half people can no longer exit the gate? This is nonsense. You can’t put a timer like this (unless it’s LONG) on the endgame because it’s very common for people to get saved, but the rescuer ends up hooked, and so on. Hell just the other day I crawled from the basement to the exit gate, I guess with your idea I would’ve just died lol.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited March 2019

You can’t report btw if someone is in the gate, hit them out. Killers don’t seem to have a problem with taunting survivors on the hook as they are struggling before they die by hitting them repeatedly. If someone is teabagging and stays so you see them, whatever...run them out. As long as they are in the gate, it’s a non issue

I always hang out at the gate if the killer camped (excluding when the gens are done), or what I would deem unfairly tunneled someone out the game. You play scummy, then I’ll be waiting to say goodbye! I’m not going to stand there for 5 minutes, but I’m defintiely not leaving right away.

Post edited by Karl_Childers on
  • Boss

20 minutes? What average game length do you get?

If someone tries to hold me hostage, that's not gonna take me long to notice.

And reports for disconnecting do nothing, that's automatic.

• MhhBurgers

You're comparing apples with oranges, a killer hitting you on the hook is not holding your game hostage. Also mostly I'll just afk if survivors deem to do this stupid crap, while you are on your toes to not get hit by me I'm making myself something to eat, you're giving me more iridescent shards after all.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Last time this happened to me I was about to unzip and do some research when the survivor left. Really killed my desire for research.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I once sat around for 30 to 40 minutes, while I had a 3k, with Myers, I got off and did chores for a bit and talked to my family, texted, went outside for a bit for 30 minutes, came back to him waiting for nearly an hour, taunting me so I smacked him and hooked him.

If this is a reoccurring issue, bring NOED.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Happens from time to time. Had a survivor do this to me awhile back. Wouldn't leave unless I watch them leave. You know, have to show the killer who's boss. After 15-20 minutes they finally left. Next game the same survivor joins the lobby.

Ez Mori

• Dreadlok
    Dreadlok Member Posts: 18

My sentiments exactly. You won, leave. Don't be a d***.

But to the survivors that do this, remember 1 important thing. If I catch you in another match, you probably won't see the exit door through your own character's eyes. You want to make it a point to kill my fun.....😈 payback is a b****.

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

2 minute timer, AFTER exit gates are opened, reset any time someone gets hooked, seems like a fair compromise timer to me. And the game DEFINITELY needs something like this. I HAVE had a survivor running around the map breaking hooks for 15 minutes after everyone else had already left. I've also gotten a hatch grab after the other 3 survivors have left through the two open exit gates, and i stood at hatch, then in post game chat, I was asked if I'd ever heard of courtesy. Why yes, I have. Maybe you could have some and leave the ######### game instead of ######### about for 10 minutes and wasting my time?

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Option 1 the high road

My advice just smh them. Close the chat and move on. Remind these people want a reaction. Dont think you can reason with them there likely pissed you murdered there friend so they will be too upset and pissy to reason with. There children trying to hurt you because they were unable to save there friend and think there tbagging will upset you.

Option 2 Sweet vengeance

If your feeling vengeful remind them how they failed to save there friend and remind them they had a chance and missed it so you let there failure fester in there thoughts. They might act high and mighty about surviving but it will likely put them in a bad mood.

Do not throw racial slurs at them and do not insult there character you dont want to reduce yourself to there level.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

I sometimes wait in the exit gate, but I only do this if the killer has been a camper / tunneller, so they deserve to see me teabag as I make my exit. Or, I wait to make sure none of the team get downed, as I actually prefer dying to save somebody else. I don't like being that person that just runs out of the exit and leaves a guy on the hook. I'm about that altruistic life! 😎😂