If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Sprint Burst nerf is pointless

Options
snozer
snozer Member Posts: 776

all this nerf has done is nerf the other exhaustion perks that were fine! Sprint burst still serves the same purpose, it removes the downside of bad positioning and allows survivors who get found at a gen to make it to the nearest loop or reach the time waste building every time they are found.. The core of the perk, being able to sprint without having to interact with anything is the issue. only giving it some nerf like "the survivor runs at 80% speed" would actually ever change it

Comments

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options
    Sure, it can still be used to cover up bad positioning, but it also slows the game down because Survivors with it can't run everywhere unless they risk it not being ready and totally useless in a chase if the killer comes and finds them on a gen.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    edited June 2018
    Options
    they nerfed it?   all these survivor nerfs and killer buffs.  i know the true culprit.  the elephant that continues to relieve itself in the middle of the room.  the great satan of this game.  the cog in the wheel that mercilessly creates maelstrom and unrest.

three letters.

S.  W.  F.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    fix that and all the subsequent nonsense vaporizes.
  • Tzeentchling9
    Options
    they nerfed it?   all these survivor nerfs and killer buffs.  i know the true culprit.  the elephant that continues to relieve itself in the middle of the room.  the great satan of this game.  the cog in the wheel that mercilessly creates maelstrom and unrest.

three letters.

S.  W.  F.
    I never play with SWF and Sprint Burst fixes any mistakes I make just fine still.
  • snozer
    Options

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    Sure, it can still be used to cover up bad positioning, but it also slows the game down because Survivors with it can't run everywhere unless they risk it not being ready and totally useless in a chase if the killer comes and finds them on a gen.

The chances of it not being ready are so slim because it recharges so fast outside of a chase.

• Tzeentchling9
    Options
    It would take 40 seconds of not running. That means walking everywhere.
  • snozer
    Options

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    It would take 40 seconds of not running. That means walking everywhere.

that's the way it works now... how often do they not have sb when you find them?

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

I agree with you. They seem to have missed what actually makes Sprint Burst so powerful, and are nerfing the other exhaustion perks no one was complaining about???

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

+1, this "SB nerf", that is more of an exhaustion nerf, is just not adressing the Sprint Burst issues a single bit.
    Additionally, the 3 other exhastion perks didn't deserve such a treatment.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    Options

I suggested a different rework to SB, as right now it has too many advantages compared to other exhaustion perks and also nullifies ambush based killers (Wraith and Pig), and because it is so widely used, those two killers are heavily punished by a single perk.

My proposed change would be to rework SB into:

Sprint Burst gives you an additional 1/2/3 seconds of increased speed after being hit by the killer's attack.
    Causes Exhaustion.

So basically, it would now double the distance you can cover after being hit by the killer, which would allow you to hide somewhere or just get enough distance to be in a safe spot. Could be quite powerful late game, with gates open too.

Yet, it would stop the bullcrap we currently see in the game, where it destroys ambush based killers, trivalizes bad positioning, because SB can save you and also works as a little Dead Hard, on top of that it also activates mid chase... all of these would be gone.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,061
    Options
    Agreed OP. This nerf does nothing to address the part of SB that actually makes it OP. Only thing this accomplishes is nerfing the other exhaustion perks. SB will still be OP and meta
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

I'd like to see exhaustion recovery reduced by 50% only while in chase. Might be more difficult to implement though.

• Tzeentchling9
    Options

@PureHostility said:
    I suggested a different rework to SB, as right now it has too many advantages compared to other exhaustion perks and also nullifies ambush based killers (Wraith and Pig), and because it is so widely used, those two killers are heavily punished by a single perk.

My proposed change would be to rework SB into:

Sprint Burst gives you an additional 1/2/3 seconds of increased speed after being hit by the killer's attack.
    Causes Exhaustion.

So basically, it would now double the distance you can cover after being hit by the killer, which would allow you to hide somewhere or just get enough distance to be in a safe spot. Could be quite powerful late game, with gates open too.

Yet, it would stop the bullcrap we currently see in the game, where it destroys ambush based killers, trivalizes bad positioning, because SB can save you and also works as a little Dead Hard, on top of that it also activates mid chase... all of these would be gone.

This is a great idea, but I can already hear the screams of protest and claims that the Devs are destroying the game because it would be useless against one-shots and while injured.