Most overrated killer?

HavelmomDaS1
HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

For me its Doctor and Pig. I really don't understand how so many people place them that high. Both easy to loop, both don't really have abilitys to anti loop. Yeah Pig can use ambush to mindgame at pallets and Doctor can block vaults with the shock. But smart survivors won't struggle with that at all. I do 5 gen runs against both at high ranks tho.

Who do you think is the most overrated killer and why?

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019
    edited March 2019

In my opinion Nurse is, she can still be looped and faked out, she just has a power you need to learn first

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Doctor, I dont understand how people say hes good. Hes easily looped and has no map pressure

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Shape.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Hag, i play almost every killer but i cant bear her, she is just so damn loopable, and if you have urban evasion or a flashlight her power becomes basically useless

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Overrated? Billy imo. I can see why he's a good Killer and used often, but I think he's vastly overrated by the community.

I personally think he's boring and unappealing for multiple reasons, but hey that's juuuus me.

• HavelmomDaS1

For real or just because of my profile picture? Explain why tho

Billy? Why is he overrated, beeing a "boring" killer doesn't change his tier does it?

Oh yeah, some maps are just gg against huntress

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

@HavelmomDaS1

People put too much stock and praise to his Chainsaw and Zoom zoom ability to cover the map. Its good, but overrated as a good or even decent Survivor can loop and cause Hillbilly to never get a chainsaw hit, so he ends up being a M1 Killer. He's insanely predictable and I find easy to hide from or avoid. People fail to understand what overrated means and think it's some negating remark of whatever is being talked about.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

The one you think is the best one.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

For real.

I once watched all licensed Killers' movies in a row, cause i've never seen them before and i'd get some information on why they are who they are.

Halloween is EASILY my least favorite of the 4, while the only licensed Killer i see being praised for their movie(s) on here is the Shape.

I've heard multiple reasons and disagree, and thus i'm for real.

P.S. You didn't ask in what way we think some Killers are overrated. 😉

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited March 2019

I hate horror/slasher movies for the most part, but I enjoyed Halloween.

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

Yeah I'd have to go with Doctor but I don't even think people rate him highly. I guess Billy otherwise.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Probably the Nurse. She's only top-tier because almost all survivors only know how to do one thing, and she's designed to counter that.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Myers is overrated. The only form that might be optimal is Scratched Mirror in Lery's against non-SWF. Otherwise, you can easily starve him from stalk juice and it easily becomes a simple M1 Killer. Its also worth mentioning he is a M1 Killer by default, because the time you spent stalking someone on Tier 2, you might have just used it for better purposes, like actually hitting your Survivor.

He might be fun to play as for some (not for me, personally) and have several different playstyles because of add-ons, but far from deserving the spot in the pedestal everyone places him on.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Nurse when I’ve played nurse (on console I don’t feel like I’m that bad with her) the survivors usually underestimate you, but when they don’t a lot of them know spots you can’t blink through.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

Hillbilly for sure.

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

Clown 100%.

His bottles can't shut down every loop, only short ones but then again every killer can mindgame them.

He get slowed down while throwing his bottles so he can't even make up that much distance when he hits his bottles. His ability takes ages to recharge, he is slowed down drastically while reloading, he is very addon dependant, has zero map pressure and is a joke if you ask me. Any good survivor group shits on a clown but somehow the community thinks his ability is super good.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I did notice recently that I can’t runners vault while intoxicated though.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    edited March 2019

Doctor, I don't understand why everyone think he's good! Yeah, he has insanely powerful tracking power, but other thing he does were...meh!

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

Both of those have never been an issue for me. Also just put a trap at a loop and boom hit or at the very least they throw down the pallet. I find that in higher ranks its better to just put most of your traps at loops with some in path ways so that those loopers get punished. While we are talking about overrated, urban evasion is a overrated counter to hag like why would you use it during the chase she WILL hit you all it does is make saves a little safer for you.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

@HavelmomDaS1 its up to the billy wether they hit you or not since the killer sensitivity and chainsaw speed can't be dodged in time when the saw is lined up for a hit, close range of course. That's why he's top tier.

• Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187

If you had the Shape avatar that would make this perfect.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Loopable hag. Someone doesn't understand the basics of hag play.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747

Definitely hillbilly. (I'm on console) He has the best map pressure, but that doesnt matter much because he has nothing to counter loops. The instadown is easily dodged. Even at 100% sensitivity the survivors can move faster than the camera.

• HavelmomDaS1
    edited March 2019
    Post edited by HavelmomDaS1 on
  • KingB

@HavelmomDaS1 No, explain it to me.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Leatherface is the most overrated to campers and tunnelers.

• HavelmomDaS1

It basically makes loops really dangerous against billy, u charge up way before you do a turn and curve around a tile to catch a survivor while he loops you.

I will try to link a clip of that later so you understand better

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

For me? I play on PS4, and Nurse, Huntress I do really well. Nurse on console is really tough. It's not very fluid... so for me it's those 2.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

I played my lvl 6 doc without add-ons or perks vs a SWF today for the daily and I demolished them. There was this Adam who was really good at looping but not that good at mind games, but still, I didn’t have to do ######### for them to reveal their location and I found it boring. So yeah; doc is boring and probably overrated

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

doc.

i see a LOT of people complain about him, even though he aint that much of a threat to you as a survivor... he gets looped and genrushed pretty fast, so i dont understand why so many players have such a big problem with him...

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited March 2019

Pig is really good if you use her abilities properly. Space out those RBT's (don't just put them on every time you catch someone, be tactical with it), use her stealth to get closer to survivors in the right structures (ie. buildings, jungle gyms, etc), and use ambush as an anti-looping tactic on semi-safe or unsafe pallets. She's also short which gives you more chance to mind game some pallets/windows (where tall killers like Trapper can still be seen).

Build also makes a huge difference, and that goes for all killers. On Pig I run Whispers because with her stealth it helps you find survivors super easy. Most of the time they just kind of walk right out in front of you. Blood Warden is also very good for her because you can guarantee a proc if you save a trap for end game. My last 2 are Ruin (just as something even more to do with gens and traps) and Nurse's (which pairs well with Whispers/stealth).

And you need to NOT TUNNEL THE GUY WITH THE TRAP! Too many Pigs do this and it costs them the game. Leave the guy with the trap alone, especially if it's active. They have to do boxes, and they won't be doing gens, so you need to use that time to find others. I can often get 1 on a hook with 2 active traps in play. If I find that last dude I win, because the trap guys aren't going to make a save unless they are close to the hook. You should also pick a box, one that's in a good spot to defend, and just not let people finish on that box. I get a lot of trap kills because I just chase the dude off the box to another part of the map and leave them for someone else. Eventually it turns out that's the box they need and then they die.

Probably the biggest part to being a good Pig is knowing when and when not to be stealth. A lot of Pigs overdo the stealth stuff and try to be all sneaky when survivors clearly know where they are. If you see that a survivor sees you, just stand up and chase them. You're wasting time in stealth at that point. This is another reason why I like Whispers for her, because when it's not lit you know no one is around so you can enter stealth and actually use it. When it procs, then someone is nearby. If it's in a building or some structure, you can be mostly sure you aren't seen. But if it's in corn or out in the open chances are someone see you and is actively avoiding you. It can feel like you are being sneaky but trust you are not.

• KingB
    edited March 2019

@HavelmomDaS1 Oh I know what that is I just didn't know it had a name. That's cool and all but it doesnt change the fact survivors can move faster than you can move the camera.

• HavelmomDaS1

Relax, I wasn't asking how to play pig lmao I know all of that but thanks anyway for those who didn't know

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited March 2019

Nurse. She's way worse than Spirit if they both have their best addons. Also she's easily beatable if you stealth.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,085

Probably Trapper. He is not highly rated at all, but I feel he is even below the Ranking he already gets. Slow to build up Setup, lots of timewasting, RNG-based...

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

For me, it's probably Huntress.

• xXNurseXx
    xXNurseXx Member Posts: 261

*laughs in Whispers, BBQ, Nurse Calling & Shadowborn*

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited March 2019

@xXNurseXx

*Laughs in Urban emersion, Iron will, Calm Spirit and Distortion (to counter a nurses calling by hiding my scratch marks for bbq I chill in lockers)*

*Spirit laughs in A nurses calling, BBQ and Chilli, Sloppy butcher and new Thanatophobia with tryhard beads and Yakuyoke Amulet*

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Huntress.

And I don't know why some of you mentioned Doctor, he is not overrated, most of people consider him mid to low tier and he is not one of the most played. Do you know the meaning of "overrated"?

• Orion

Do YOU know the meaning of "overrated"? Maybe some people think the Doctor is low to trash tier, which would mean that, to them, those who consider him mid to low tier are overrating him.

• IamFran

Are you putting him in the same level of Freddy and Leatherface? He has a lot of map awareness, his power is annoying for survivors and with correct perks he have a good map pressure, enough reasons for not considering him low to trash tier and not considering him overrated.

• Orion

I'm not putting him at any level, I'm pointing out that you don't know what overrated means. It's a relative term.

If person A thinks the Huntress is mid-tier, but person B thinks she's top-tier, then to person A, person B is overrating the Huntress. Inversely, for person B, person A is underrating the Huntress.

• IamFran

But no one in their right mind would consider Doc trash tier.

I know is a relative term.

• Orion

That's your opinion. Others think you're overrating the Doctor. There's no objective measure either way.