The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Would be great if we could have golden feng min?

Skairipa
Skairipa Member Posts: 255
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

YES, the scammers now sell it almost $1k.

Developers can balance this unfair market? In the end we talk about money that is not given to the Behaviour company but to scammers who exploit events to make money..

Post edited by Skairipa on

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

It's only given to them if people buy it. It's not the devs' job to give free handouts to people who have no impulse control.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

We have a gold outfit that cost 1,800 shards in total.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

Any Feng love Is a plus in my book - poor girl gets overlooked a lot

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I hear people say this frequently around here when talking about her cosmetics.

But i checked her out at the store earlier today, and the cosmetic count seems more than fine.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

She's really only overlooked in comparison to the very popular free characters. As far as paid/unlockable characters go she has a fine amount.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Wasn’t golden Feng a form of Legacy for her or something? I know that only a few people have the outfit but I’m not sure where exactly they got it.

Since there aren’t a lot of people who do, I can only assume it’s a Feng Legacy.

• Boss

99% you had to go to an event somewhere to get a code.

• GrootDude

We have this.

• Boss

Huh, that's practically identical.

Does it have the emblem on the back too? https://i.imgur.com/MQMrXhG.png

• GrootDude

@boss I’ll check in a second once my current match is done.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

@TreemanXD @Boss

They’re talking about this. It’s an exclusive that you have to buy directly from the devs. I don’t remember how much it cost but I know it’s very expensive and costs over $40. I play on PS4 and I’ve only seen at least one person with this shirt

• GrootDude

@PinkEricka I know what the OP is talking about, I’m just saying we have something close.

• GrootDude

@boss the emblem is similar but not exact.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
  • PinkEricka

@TreemanXD I prefer the Golden Feng over the cosmetic that’s in the store. The Golden feng looks more nicer. Too bad you have to pay for it lol

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

I feel this way about legacy. I mean I get that people enjoy it for the bragging rights but it just looks like the characters have golden scabs all over their face. Reminds me of that simpsons episode where homer and bart fake leprosy.

• Skairipa

Guys, what I was trying to say or create above, is not the "complaint" I want to create here, we talk about a cosmetic whose price is not controlled by developers, but by scammers. I'm not asking to put cosmetics that could be taken in a certain amount of time (Legacy), I'm inviting to discuss an item that should be in the store (controlled by the developers). I agree that you spend too much for recolored pixels, I can not afford anything and everything that I have unlocked (dlc, skin etc) I did thanks to shards.

• Skairipa
  • darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2019

There's quantity and then there's quality (looks at Nea).

Most of Feng's outfits are just re-skins of her gamer uniform.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

Just to clarify. The Golden Feng Min was an exclusive PC cosmetic distributed at a convention in China in 2017. It was never sold by BHVR.

• Skairipa

yeah, which is why should be sold right now by Bhvr to prevent scammers and gave to community an healty market without this "sellers"....no?

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

So what you're trying to say is that theres random people who are selling bhvrs product on Ebay (or wherever) for an insane amount of money?

• Skairipa

Ebay, Steam and other platforms... unfortunately yeah.

They had to be 100 codes, yet for almost a year they still sell golden feng min ...

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@HavelmomDaS1 "I'm always suprised how much money people are burning for digital cosmetics. Insanity."

If this is insanity then Fortnut is a goddamn asylum. I'm pretty sure they have a giant room filled with the empty wallets of unfortunate parents.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Legacy is a different topic, u never had to pay a single dollar for it and it's something COMPLETELY different, not a single cosmetic is like that (maybe hallowed blight to a certain extend).

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Lmao Idk about those prices in "fortnut" but I can imagine how it is.. I mean most people are really buying anything in hyped games like that lol

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited March 2019

This makes no sense.

The code was exclusive and handed out at an event in China, just because some people who got it decided to list it for a silly amount instead of using it does not mean BHVR should resell it.

This happens with all limited edition items any company sells, take the Nike laceless trainers for example, the old saying applies "a fool and their money are easily parted" if someone want to pay that much for a cosmetic more fool them.

It is not a scam if it's a legit code which is priced stupidly high, a scam would be paying that much and not receiving the item.

It really just sounds like you want the cosmetic and are using this scenario to try and justify to BHVR why they should put an exclusive one off item back into the market.

• Skairipa
    edited March 2019

I'm afraid you did not understand the meaning of this post, I'm not asking BHVR to put golden feng min in the store, I'm just observing that there is no control over exclusive skins that are sold in parallel to the official store.

If the maximum you can pay for exclusive skins in the store is $ 10, why should you pay over $ 800 outside? if you have an account with games and skins the price would also be understandable or agreed.

I'm talking about Golden Feng Min because it is the prime example of a market that should no longer exist since the store is now the ONLY market where you can buy skins. That's why I talk about scammers, because the price is not sustainable and justified.

If we want to talk about crazy people who spend a lot of money on skins on other games we agree that the store is addressed to that type of people who really like that game but not only, I'm not and I do not want create a discussion of complaints on exclusive skins. It is only a reflection to which I invite everyone.

• twistedmonkey
    edited March 2019

I didn't miss the point, your post I replied to was stating it should be sold by BHVR.

The fact is it was an exclusive code given out at an event.

What a person wishes to do with that code is up to them, the only things BHVR can control is there store not what hapoens on a third party site as they don't know the code being sold, there could be some given away free, not used as they didn't own the game, many reasons why they can't and shouldn't ban for someone activating it (which would be the only way they can deal with it)

What you are not getting is the market outside of DBD is nothing to do with BHVR, when someone gets anything exclusive it is now something they own, if they chose to sell it for a stupid amount of money then that is on them, if someone wishes to pay that amount then that is there choice, you do not or ever have to purchase the skin for $800, there is no correlation between that and the end store.

It doesn't hurt the dbd store market as the skin can no longer be purchased or earned by way of the devs, the only market is on sites like eBay.

Exclusive items on the dbd store are not exclusive, I don't think you understand what exclusive means, something that is exclusive cannot be purchased by everyone, exclusive is like limited edition, for something to be exclusive it is for certain people or there is a finite amount of them to purchase or earn over a time period and once they run out that is that.

You make no sense as the item was a one off, the ones selling it on eBay are simply selling what they own, it's not a scam it's a legit sale of an item, you may think it's a lot to pay, I may think it's stupid to pay but that is not the point, BHVR do not and cannot control the sale of something outside of the game.

Look at these trainers below

https://www.horrorgeeklife.com/2017/10/06/nycc-2017-dead-daylight-limited-edition-bloodletting-sneakers-available/

Only 3k pairs made, this is the same scenario a one off item, how do they stop those who paid $99 for them from not reselling them? They don't is the answer.

Your whole argument makes no sense for a few reasons.

BHVR have no control of what people do with a code once it's given.

EBay is not in BHVR's control and people can sell what they like for what they like when they own it.

The market outside for an exclusive cosmetic has nothing to do or has any impact on the dbd store.

There are no exclusive items in the store only earnable by playing and paid only ones.

There is no exact value of any exclusive item you can no longer get, the item is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Nobody is being forced to buy it or being scammed if the code is real, if they chose to buy it at the silly price and are happy with the purchase that is their choice.

• Skairipa

Again, I'm afraid you've really misunderstood the question, keep saying that I'm complaining when I say another thing instead. I respect your opinion but I have not said or written that I want skins or I am complaining that I do not have them, I only asked for hypothetical greater control over exclusive skins. The exclusive skins are also those of past events ... there is not only Golden Feng min as an example ...

If you're a BT player, and I'm not talking about children, you know that the scammers created a million dollar hole from a parallel trading in the steam market, they arrested them because the company did not check the transactions properly, they stole. Same thing happens here, now, I'm not talking that these exclusive skins can ruin the market to BHVR (we are talking about 100 codes not "yet" sold since 2017), I say only that although "precious" for the absurd price that they put on this skin , the phenomenon should be controlled.

I'd like there to be these skins but I'm not asking them to put them because I want them...

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

there are some items in this game that you can only gain with a special code, which is handed out by the devs. the code can eigther be gifted to a player by a dev or the player could win it in the official tournament a while back.

obviously, these items are expensive to get, as people would give away their code to sell it to someone else, so they themselves cant use it.

there are also many more items than just the golden feng outfit. for example the Dwearder face for Dwight and the Chuckles mask for Trapper (which i happen to posess. thx to the dev who gave it to me, love you <3)

• Skairipa

therefore, according to this reasoning, we should give up thinking about the greed of certain people because they are justified in scamming other people because they are passionate. Fine.

• Orion

Nobody's saying they're justified, we're saying it's not BHVR's problem if people are stupid and have no self-control.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    edited March 2019

@PinkEricka It is a PC exclusive cosmetic as Not_Queen mentioned. So you couldn't have seen it on PS4. You probably just saw the common recolor of it, which has a more dark-brown color tone.

EDIT: I just re-read your comment and see that you're aware of the similar look in the store. However, the way you worded your comment made it seem like you said you saw one person on PS4 wearing the golden shirt. Which isn't possible.

• Skairipa

I have exclusive skins obtained thanks to giveaway, they could cost maybe $ 100-150 alone...

• Skairipa
    edited March 2019

everyone can do what he wants with his own possibilities, I could buy them but I don't do it because I know it is not necessary to throw so much money, especially on an unknown person.

I'm looking at it from the wrong side maybe, I worry about the players..

• twistedmonkey
    edited March 2019

I purposely quoted you saying that BHVR should now sell these skins in your reply to not_queen, you actually did say those words.

The point is there is nothing BHVR can do to control the sale of what codes are left out there, you are referencing something which has nothing to do with BHVR so your point is not making any sense, no one can be arrested for selling something at an inflated price that they own, you do know some bought a few of them at a lower price to keep and sell for more later.

BHVR never had codes stolen so the same thing does not happen here, they gave them out free if you attended so there could be thousands, if there was a hole and they could be stolen you would see an abundance of every skin ever to be exclusive by means of a code out there.

You are arguing about a hypothetical maybe situation which isn't happening so your whole argument about tighter control is then mute as the control is there.

• Orion

If players have $1000 to spend on useless items like skins, then they're very well off.

• Skairipa

@EntityDispleased but since we are aware of the risks that the Internet offers us, why take a 100 pen if the company that produces it could give you one for 10. And since these "pens" had to end up in circulation, obviously there is something wrong ...

• twistedmonkey
    edited March 2019

That is actually silly logic, scams are everywhere regardless of exclusives, should they stop making and selling iPad's as some have been sent an actual eye pad?

Nothing will stop scammers trying but you don't safeguard people by not making an item, exclusives or selling something at all, you do it by educating them as today's it's an iPad tomorrow it's Microsoft support on the phone needing access to your pc.

• Skairipa
    edited March 2019

It is also this mentality of letting go of a silly logic, yet I do not come into your posts to say that you are saying nonsense, when I have been repeating it to you for an hour now. You seem to like spamming instead of creating constructive reflections. Furthermore you are digressing while others at least are on the topic.

• twistedmonkey
    edited March 2019

Your point and what you are referencing are out of BHVR's hands, it has nothing to do with them but you continue to try and make a point which is not relevant hence nonsensical.

I never went off topic I replied to what you stated, you think they should not make exclusives as people can be ripped of by scammers.

I simply stated that it is silly logic as scammers will try anything and everything and educating people is how you control it, scammers have been around since the term trading was coined.

Think about every pre order exclusive with skins over the years, those exclusives are a carrot to get people to pre order, should they no longer offer those skins in a pre order due to scammers? Hell no.

• Skairipa
    edited March 2019

you're still missing the point dude, seriously do not bother to answer me cuz i dont " think they shouldnt make exclusives as people can be ripped of by scammers " I'm saying something else, and I repeat, I'm suggesting a check, you think it's outside the BHVR, I think the opposite, I don't have to convince you of anything, I can only tell you to answer me for constructive reflections and not with obvious answers with "it's a silly logic, the world works like this" and? Is your contribution is make flame/spam or do you try to give me your idea? because you keep coming out of the topic of the discussion.

• twistedmonkey
    edited March 2019

I am not missing the point, you believe instead of making an exclusives they should also sell it on the store! You do know BHVR haven't made an exclusive since the store came.

The whole thing and my argument is that its not a BHVR problem, it's a worldwide problem with everything exclusive, they cannot do anything about the feng situation as it's in the past, some people spent money to go there and got rewarded with it, you can't negate that by releasing it now to stop some people buying on a third party site.

If they went by your idea there would never be anything exclusive which will never happen, that is the crux of it.

This whole scam thing is an education problem not a company problem, it sounds more and more like you actually got scammed if you can't understand the fundamentals of it all.

Personally I have never seen a post anywhere of someone complaining about being scammed for a skin off of eBay, steam trades yes when they dont go the official market route but the answer for all of these has and always will be buy things at your own risk and they will take no responsibility and rightly so.

This is not out of the topic of discussion this is disagreeing with your idea or thoughts.

• PinkEricka

@ProfoundEnding I swear to god that I did. I looked it up and even looked at my clothes to see if it was there (I have all of fengs cosmetics).

I realize now that it would’ve been smart to take a screenshot of them.

• Skairipa
    edited March 2019

You keep to define me like someone complaining, ergo, you continue once again, to not understand where I want to go. I wasn't scammed, deceived or made purchases where I knew there was a rip-off. These are just allusions or thoughts that make you rely on nothing, and I will continue to tell you to stay on the topic and let go of personal evaluations. I have not opened a post to hear from the first who does not share this opinion without giving me a reason or constructive criticism. These are the opinions of laissez-faire (if you know what I mean) that push people to say this, as long as their interests are not touched everything is fine, when instead the opposite happens then you understand when someone takes it. You are justifying this kind of mentality. I don't like this kind of mentality, nor the fact that you define me as someone who wants to block or alienate something.

• twistedmonkey

I gave you multiple reasons, the failure to realise why it's not on BHVR or the fact of exclusive content is down to you, nothing will change it is what it is and you can preach all you want an ignore that but in the end you will not change anything.

BHVR will continue to do what they think is best for the business, they are a fish in a very big pond doing nothing different from millions of others.

If you wish to fight how things are done and get rid of scammers well that can only be changed with government intervention which will never happen as that means control of websites and censorship of the internet.

Posting on a forum here is not logical as it wont promote any change, it just serves to show you how pointless is it, when you see how many disagree with you and overall get ignored by the devs.

• Skairipa
    edited March 2019

unnecessary reasons that do not contribute to a discussion made to reflect, since you are the only one who has responded in this way and is doing everything by himself to create a flame. Look at other people's answers and think about how to behave next time.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the many posts that would be closed for useless discussions like these, created by people who spam and don't contribute to anything.

have fun ;)

• Ghost_Potato
    Ghost_Potato Member Posts: 59

Ya, that is when I started to worry about this game with the exclusive cosmetics and then the paid knock offs (red dweards etc...). Now in the store I don't mind paid only cosmetics but $10 for one outfit in a $20 game REALLY!