The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

SCP-106 as A killer?

JAWS_BDSM
JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328
edited March 2019 in Creations

Alright, I know this probably will never be in game, but I think SCP-106 a.k.a The Old man can be a sweet killer for DBD with his powers to create portals to suddenly approach and take his victims.

So.. the following text is just my rotten imagination`s creation. Please don`t be prejudiced. I`m not native english speaker so exuse me for my mistakes. Thank you!

>SCP-106 is a tall killer with 4.4 speed with an astonishing power called "Abnormal Corrosion" which lets him to attack survivors and take them into his Pocket dimension to eventually kill them. His terror radius is ~26 meters and is suppressed while in his pocket dimension

Abnormal Corrosion Consists of 2 separated abilities. Firstly, The Old man can go through ANY wall/ceiling/pallet/window on the map (large solid objects like water tower in MacMillan estate is an exception), while being slowed in process (to crawling speed) and making loud noise. He cannot be blinded or stunned while going through object.

Secondly, The Old man cannot attack or put dying survivors on hooks like other killer. Instead of that, he takes survivors in his Pocket Dimension, using his basic attack (survor is not hurt when he is taken into the Pocket Dimension, but he gets strong deBuffs when he is transfered).

Pocket Dimension is represented by randomly generated labyrint-like structure(very similar to Lary memorial, but with thinner coridors, and more windows and no pallets) with few exits which allow survivors to get back into the real world. When survivor is in pocket dimension he has to find exit out of it (the exit changes it`s position after 1 survivor escapes from the PD) before he bleeds out(if survivors bleeds out, he is sent into dying state with 2 min regular times) or get`s caught by SCP-106. There can`t be more than 2 survivors in PD at one time. The Old man can go through obstacles without any slowdown.

SCP-106 can freely switch between his PD and real world by using his Active power. It takes 7 seconds to trasner and the transfer time can be changed using addons. When he transferes back to real world he always appears near a survivors, although his sight is limited so survivor has a chance to hide or to run away. Survivor is alerted by loud sound and a black pool appearing near him.

Survivors auras are reaveled to SCP-106. To sacrifice a survivor, SCP-106 needs to catch him in his pocket dimension (he needs to land 2 hits on a survivor to put him into the dying stage and then he needs to perform 30 seconds long action which cannot be stopped when started. (basically a mori, but it takes 30 seconds (you need to hit survivor 3 times and waste 30 seconds, so i think it`s balanced) When the action is completed, survivor is sacrificed and his corpse drops out of a SCP-106 portal where that survivor has been taken before.

SCP-106 has also got some perks that allow him to terrify survivors and ruin their team work.

Distrust - Survivors cannot trust each other anymore. When 2 or more survivors start healing/repairing together they get extra 15-20-25% punishment for action speed and on level 3 good skillchecks cause 2% regression, while perfect skillcheck don`t give any progression.

Decomposition - your attacks cause survivors to suffer from terrible wounds which do not let them to concentrate on their tasks. When you send survivor into injured stage they suffed from decreased skillcheck`s zones and skillcheks have sligh/significant/huge chance of a skillcheck to appear (there cannot be more than 2 skillchecks in 6 seconds)

Sadism - your sadistic nature doesn`t allow you to finish your prey fast. When survivor is send into dying stage you get 1%/2%/3% movement speed bonus for each survor downed until they are healed or killed/hooked.

Mori - SCP-106 suddenly disappeares and while survivor gets up surprised, SCP-106 appears right behind him to grab him into the portal. The survivor is screaming, then the sream cuts off and a few seconds later survivor`s withered body drops out of the portal.

Survivors can do a ritual similar to SCP-106 recall protocol. They can harm one of them, putting chosen survivor into injured stage, which makes SCP-106 instantly start unconsciously(without player`s will) teleporting to an injured survivor position. The injured survivor is hindered for 30 seconds. They can do this only once per survivor.

ADDONS:

Level 1 Keycard | Common | A Small keycard that opens up a pathway. Slightly Increase Walk through walls speed. (5%)

Orange Shirt Scrap | Common | A piece of the shirt of one of his victims. Slightly Increase Transfer speed. (5%)

Fear in a Bottle | Common | A remnant of one of his victims in a bottle. Consumed to gain power. Slightly increase the bleed-out speed while in the PD. (5%)

Used Bullet | Common | A bullet used against him while taking down one of his victims. Slightly increase movement speed while in a chase in the PD. (5%)

Level 2 Keycard | Uncommon | A Small-Medium keycard that opens up a pathway. Slightly increase WTW speed (10%)

Orange Tag | Uncommon | A tag on the shirt of one of his victims. Slightly increase Transfer Speed. (10%)

Scream in a Bottle | Uncommon | A remnant of one of his victims. Consumed to gain power. Moderately Increase the bleed-out speed while in the pocket dimention. (15%)

Unused Bullet | Uncommon | A Bullet in one of the guns his victims had. Moderately Increase Movement speed while in a chase in the PD. (10%)

Level 3 Keycard | Rare | A Medium Sized Keycard used to open up a pathway. Moderately Increase WTW Speed. (15%) Slightly increase WTW Speed while in a chase. (5% along with 15%)

Teared Jumpsuit | Rare | A jumpsuit some of his victims wore. Moderately increase Transfer speed. (20%)

Shock Absorber | Rare | A piece of a tesla gate used against him. Adds few Tesla gates to the PD. (1-3). (A Tesla gate shocks every 3 seconds, stunning survivors or the killer for 1 second.)

MTF Helmet | Super Rare | A Helmet used by the some of his victims. Half the stun when stunned by a tesla gate. Moderately increase Terror radius while in PD. (15 metres). If there are no tesla gates in PD, Increase BP gained in PD by 50%.

Shock in a Bottle | Super Rare | A Shock of a tesla gate. Adds Tesla gates to the PD. (4-6)

A ring of hands | Ultra Rare | Unsettling and strange remains of his victims. Fills the possessor with inhuman darkness. Your attacks deal double damage. Allows to kill survivors with your own hands.

Omni Keycard | Ultra Rare | The highest class keycard. Tremendously increase WTW (30%) and Transfer speed.

EDIT1: changed transer a bit

EDIT2: added scp-106 recall, images.

EDIT3: added addons. Thank you, NukeDragon!

Post edited by JAWS_BDSM on

Comments

• TheNamedStranger
    TheNamedStranger Member Posts: 17

Great idea! Definitely sounds like a complex character to play, but he has a lot of potential to be a problem for survivors! He's doesn't sound terribly overpowered either. He's powerful but it's slow. I love the idea of a pocket dimension! Seems very avoidable, so if you get put through the dimension, you definitely had to have messed up. Nice work!

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

He sounds cool! :D I love the SCP stuff.

• NukeDragon
    NukeDragon Member Posts: 7

It would be very cool if he was in the game. I am a personal fan of the SCP series along side the DBD Series. Here are some add-ons I think would be cool:

Level 1 Keycard | Common | A Small keycard that opens up a pathway. Slightly Increase Walk through walls speed. (5%)

Orange Shirt Scrap | Common | A piece of the shirt of one of his victims. Slightly Increase Transfer speed. (5%)

Fear in a Bottle | Common | A remnant of one of his victims in a bottle. Consumed to gain power. Slightly increase the bleed-out speed while in the PD. (5%)

Used Bullet | Common | A bullet used against him while taking down one of his victims. Slightly increase movement speed while in a chase in the PD. (5%)

Level 2 Keycard | Uncommon | A Small-Medium keycard that opens up a pathway. Slightly increase WTW speed (10%)

Orange Tag | Uncommon | A tag on the shirt of one of his victims. Slightly increase Transfer Speed. (10%)

Scream in a Bottle | Uncommon | A remnant of one of his victims. Consumed to gain power. Moderately Increase the bleed-out speed while in the pocket dimention. (15%)

Unused Bullet | Uncommon | A Bullet in one of the guns his victims had. Moderately Increase Movement speed while in a chase in the PD. (10%)

Level 3 Keycard | Rare | A Medium Sized Keycard used to open up a pathway. Moderately Increase WTW Speed. (15%) Slightly increase WTW Speed while in a chase. (5% along with 15%)

Teared Jumpsuit | Rare | A jumpsuit some of his victims wore. Moderately increase Transfer speed. (20%)

Shock Absorber | Rare | A piece of a tesla gate used against him. Adds few Tesla gates to the PD. (1-3). (A Tesla gate shocks every 3 seconds, stunning survivors or the killer for 1 second.)

MTF Helmet | Super Rare | A Helmet used by the some of his victims. Half the stun when stunned by a tesla gate. Moderately increase Terror radius while in PD. (15 metres). If there are no tesla gates in PD, Increase BP gained in PD by 50%.

Shock in a Bottle | Super Rare | A Shock of a tesla gate. Adds Tesla gates to the PD. (4-6)

Omni Keycard | Ultra Rare | The highest class keycard. Tremendously increase WTW (30%) and Transfer speed.

• NukeDragon

It would be very cool if he was in the game. I am a personal fan of the SCP series along side the DBD Series. Here are some add-ons I think would be cool:

Omni Keycard | Ultra Rare | The highest class keycard. Tremendously increase WTW (30%) and Transfer (30%) speed.

I hope you like them.

• NukeDragon

Wait why did it post twice?

• JAWS_BDSM

ty for the idea, i`ll add it into the original post.

• JAWS_BDSM

PrettyGoodJobSoFar. This topic just disappeared for a few days, lol

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Nice, wish it was shy guy but I like (SCP wise shy guy)

• JAWS_BDSM

shy guy too op in my opinion. once in rage he will turn a survivor into bloody mess and nothing would stop him

• JAWS_BDSM

RISING

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

You've got a few hurdles that immediately stick out to me. First off, the power is way more than the game can handle. Terrain is a big part of the game on both sides and being able to pass through it isn't received well. They auto deleted a killer prototype who could break terrain and the Nurse still gets a ton of hate even though she has plenty of counterplay to her. So imagine the ire that would come from SCP-106.

Secondly, SCP creations are designed to be copyright free, but for a big budget studio game to come and use an scp we'd have to answer some questions. Who owns SCP Foundation? Who owns the IP to SCP-106? Can the game produced version in DBD be copyrighted? If so, how do we defend potential copyright infringement? Part of the appeal to the SCP Foundation is that it is a free writers' collective that anyone can join. People add to, subtract from, and even alter the content. Though with some semblance of moderation for consistency of style, but not necessarily of content.

• JAWS_BDSM
    edited May 2019

"Alright, I know this probably will never be in game"

i stated this at the beginning of the whole text, and i think it`s obvious that i understand all difficulties stopping devs from adding 106, but who cares if it is just a fan concept?

• EnnardTrap
    EnnardTrap Member Posts: 9

This needs to happen. Compared to every scp, 106 works the most especially when he does have some lore.

Besides, they won’t need to contact the owner of the SCP Foundation website. They can just contact the author of 106 if they could add him in.

• AtomicWheeze
    AtomicWheeze Member Posts: 11

Oh my god! I had this exact same idea for a month now, and just now posted it! I can’t believe I didn’t see this first... great post! Love the detail!

• dsiistrange_3000
    dsiistrange_3000 Member Posts: 4

after entering the PD, Will the distance between killer and survivor be the same? If so, this seems too strong. Better than a mori.

• nannibboy
    nannibboy Member Posts: 2

the key cards are a very good idea, it brings me memories of SCP games :)

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

now thats horrible i can imagen him in this game giving you the creep look at that face ######### i got goosebumps right now xd

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

This is actually nice! i had thought of something similar before, each gen he kicks becomes "corroded", corroded gens can be worked on but once they are repaired you will be damaged

btw here is his backstory, i think he would make a VERY interesting character in the world of the entity

Any SCP could easily be in the game, the devs just need to ask permission to the SCP collaborators to start working on a chapter like this, it would be nice

• KØzzie
    KØzzie Member Posts: 6

I could not see this being a killer in the game due to the fact that we have so many killers like that now it's a amazing idea but i think dbd will get alot of hate because firstly they wouldn't know who the character is secondly people would get mad because technically we already have characters like that example:freddy or the demogorgan and people will be pissed off if you just transfer to one world then appear right next to them in the next i mean you can spam that ability like no ones buisness ultimately i think it would turn out like legion one of the worst characters in the game and on the killers favor most of the time when the game is initially supposed to be balanced

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited August 2019

I've never watched stranger things, and didn't know who amanda was before DBD, so... when has that stopped anyone?

Also, use some punctuation. It only helps if you can put your ideas into multiple sentences instead of just 1 long run on sentence.