The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers don't like SABO and its not easy

Edilibs
Edilibs Member Posts: 699

Ok i main Killer but when i play Survivor i play my objective survivor but sometimes like to play my Sabbotage one. I've noticed while trying to perfect the sabbotage perk it takes commitment. It also takes having a good sense of knowing when to start sabbo'ing hooks, what hooks you leave at 99%, what hooks to just 100%, having some awareness of your teammates locations, and not being spotted by the Killer and sometimes it could be about being at the right place at the right time to break it.

The games i play when im set on my Sabo game, about 90% of the time if the killer realizes what im doing and downs me and cant get me to a hook (sometimes with Boil Over) they leave and if i get caught the next time and downed im 90% getting tunneled. Some people even hit me (once or multiple times while im on hook) and will rarely face camp me. This was when i noticed that generally killers hate sabbo survivors as they are a big annoyance and can mess they're game up big time. I've also noticed some maps are harder to sabbo and be good and consistent at it than others

What's your experiences with using the sabbotage perk? Whats your general strategy?

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I never sabotage as survivor, knowing how frustrating it is to verse as killer.

Btw, if you sabotage intentionally (not a random hook for daily) in my game, then chances are high that this will be a bleed out session....

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

I personally never care. Sure I'll be like 'You little [Bad Word]' and then go after you, but chances are I have Hangman's Trick or Iron Grasp and can get you to a hook easily.

Cause one way or another someone IS going on a hook.

Other then that, it's either I catch you, hook then hit you, and leave. Or you don't finish, I catch or lose you, and the game continues from there. It all depends on the killer.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

ive gotten a sabo daily.

of course the pig had hangmans trick equipped... xD

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

When I first started out, I avoided sabotage as I thought it was akin to flashlights and made killers upset. Now that I've played longer, I understand that the people who get upset over sabotage generally get upset over everything. It's nice to change pace every once in a while (by giving yourself something extra to do) and it's awesome when it works out, though it usually doesn't. The points are nice, too. Easy way to rack up boldness. I don't get why some killers take issue with sabotaging players. It means they're wasting time. It's like they want the game to be longer, then complain when survivors make it longer by giving themselves additional things to do. It can be quite funny, though.

When I'm saboing, it's either for a daily or a change of pace and what I've found is that it'll sometimes annoy killers, but I think I've been lucky and come across good sports for the most part. It can be so awesome when you get a save off and someone's able to break free thanks to what you did, but it's somewhat rare. Occasionally killers will drop the other person and chase me down instead, which is a good play imo. I mean, you'd chase off the person who's trying to flashlight save, right?

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

As a Survivor I love Saboing hooks, it's really fun but yes incredibly difficult and becomes a game in itself with skill and timing. Boil Over sounds like a great perk to add to my build for it. I've been running Sabo, Deliverance, and Breakdown. After the new patch comes I want to add the new D-Strike but maybe I'll use Boil.

As a Killer I of course despise Sabo squads but I'm ok with leaving everyone on the ground, they'll be laughing as they bleed to die and I will be too.

Also, I ######### hate other Sabo Survivors when I'm playing Survivor. I'll never forget my untimely demise thanks to a piece of ######### Ace who only went around Saboing hooks while everyone died around him. I don't know their name but I wish I did, I want sweet vengeance on his soul.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

You're getting that because the sabo strat is still decently strong even with regenerating hooks. It forces a killer to either risk giving up a kill or start slugging which is not as effective as it used to be. In every respect it is easier to get rid of the saboteur first then deal with everyone else. There was a time when saboing hooks was a legit game killer for the killer side as hooks didn't regenerate. So you could sabo every single hook except basement hooks and the killer had no choice, but to let you bleed out or getting to the basement which once all the hooks were down survivors would just go gens and then run as far away from the basement as possible so you'd never get anyone to the remaining hooks. That memory still lingers in us killer older killer mains.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

Imagine being a killer and downing someone then other person sabotaged hook in front of you and maybe teabag too. No way they are gonna make it out alive. Killer is always in race with time, when someone do thing like that it is punishment time.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

I love when survivors sabotage hooks, means less time they're on gens and just means I gotta slug.

• Edilibs

Actually Irongrasp is a direct counter to a sabbo Survivor. It would take a whole Sabbotage squad (team) to be effectove with Sabetour

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

The basement is a direct counter to sabo XD

Iron Grasp is a must have in almost all my builds.

• Edilibs
    edited March 2019

@HatCreature Consider using Unbreakable as well. I actually don't have Breakdown yet but when i do its gonna be Sabotuer/Breakdown/Boilover/Unbreakable. The offering that spreads hooks farther apart from eachother would make it work out a little better.

I find Saboing a commitment of saboing (what to 99% & what to 100%) rare hook saves (you really gotta concentrate on the hooks) and being stealthy. Gens are the very last of the priority here unless the situation grants it

@ReikoMori Wow...I didn't know that

@ClogWench Well although the Killer will slug it doesnt mean that its totally in they're favor. The other Survivors see's the aura so they will come and lift them up. People also run Unbreakable and Dead Hard so its not as easy as it sounds (to slug)

@Shad03 Thats why master sabotuer survivors wont do hooks near basements! )

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited March 2019

What I don't like about sabo is the awfully timed skillchecks. It's almost inpossible to 99% hooks because as you get close the skillcheck pops up, so you either sabo the hook fully alerting the killer, or you fail the skillcheck, losing progress and alerting the killer.

Feels like the best you can do is 80-85% a hook.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

I don't see why a killer would dislike Saboteur/ sabotaging hooks, it's time that should be better spent working on gens or cleansing totems.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

I seem to have that luck a lot but usually killers don't go for the notification or they spend too much time hovering around the area trying to find me. So these skillchecks aren't too bad for me.

• RockRage8962
    RockRage8962 Member Posts: 46

I just try to go in and be a good teammate to attempt to see my team escape, even if I die. I don't care if I get face camped, because if the killer wants to throw the whole game just because I messed up a few of their hooks for a few minutes, then they need to get their priorities straight. Sabo exists to give survivors something else to do, and it isn't permanent. If it's such a pain to them, they should just run Hangman's Trick to balance it out.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Hook sabo causes killers to slug all survivors which ends the game quickly and is little fun for both sides. Just my 2 cents. I recently had a toxic swf team who saboed my hooks forcing me to slug all of them to death. Wasn't much fun for them based on the fact they messaged me for almost one full hour using multiple accounts.