Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

¿Decisive strike rework?

pandorayr
pandorayr Member Posts: 599
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

Someone can explain me all details about the DS in the next patch, I dont understand the new changes.

Comments

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998
    edited June 2018

(not a confirmed change yet)

Decisive Strike would no longer stun the killer into releasing the survivor from their grasp.
    Instead, the killer would get stunned for up to 3 seconds on activation and, during that time, would be unable to move. The survivor can wiggle freely during that time, and your allies can try to free you via flashlight and pallets saves.

Basically it's the same thing, except you won't get off the killer's shoulder on use.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

¿DECISIVE STRIKE REWORK?

¿Did you just ask that question in Spanish?

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    edited June 2018

No longer an obsession perk(?). Still once per match.

Hitting the skill check with stun the killer for a few seconds. This will NOT cause the killer to drop you. You can continue to wiggle during the skill check and stun.

Basically it gives your teammates an opportunity to go for a save, either by flashlight, firecrackers, or a pallet. But you cannot just instantly save yourself anymore.

This also means the killer has roughly 18% less time to get you to the hook. While it's not a guaranteed escape, with some planning it could make the difference between wiggling out and getting hooked.

• Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163

No longer an obsession perk?
    I remember him saying it increases your chances of being the obsession so I'm pretty sure it is still an obsession perk.
    I'll go watch the Q&A bit on DS again to double check.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

@Easylife said:
    No longer an obsession perk?
    I remember him saying it increases your chances of being the obsession so I'm pretty sure it is still an obsession perk.
    I'll go watch the Q&A bit on DS again to double check.

I believe so?

It does say it increases your chances of becoming the obsession, but the new perk description they showed does not mention a different effect if you aren't the obsession. So maybe just a 'paint a target on your back' obsession rather than a 'if you're not the obsession you get a weaker version'.

• Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163

Yeah just watched it again, the new text just says that it increases your chance to become the obsession nothing about the perk behaving differently if you are the obsession or not.
    Seems a bit strange for a non-obsession perk to make you the obsession though.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I like the change. I think the time for stun was 2, 2.5 and 3 seconds?

That would give you about 12-13 seconds to get to a hook if they miss their flashlight. They would need to bring back firecrackers too I think for this.

I would give whoever has a flashlight 3 full seconds to get it. So that works for me.

• FengTrash
    FengTrash Member Posts: 5

A bit late but still,
    Maybe there will be a ds/boil over combo to basically guarantee the grasp escape