Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tips for new players

Just thought that we could add in tips for the newer fog dwellers out there, both survivor and killers. I will add to this as I think of stuff and welcome others constructive advice, but please lets not have a flame war over tactics ppl use:)

1)Survivors. Think before you act. Recently while playing LF, i heard the chase music start and could not see anyone. I turned slowly on the spot trying to spot someone and heard a gasp from behind me spun round and saw a Claudette running away. If she had sat still in the long grass where she was chances are I would never have seen her! Also, running everywhere leaves red scratches everywhere that a killer can track for a while. you cannot do much about blood on the floor if hurt or the gasps of pain (apart from a perk) but you can run around an area break camera view with killer and if quick go to ground and lose them.

2)Survivors. Be careful you don't make noise when you can avoid it. I refer hear to vaulting windows, climbing in and out of lockers etc, you do that at full sprint speed without a perk to reduce it and you give away where you are, now fine, you may be that person that wants to distract the killer, but otherwise you just told me where you are:) I have lost count now of the amount of times someone has run into the basement and then a locker while holding down run, easy kill for me:)

3)Survivors. Flashlights, now I am bad with em so this hint comes from what my friends have told me, when trying to blind a killer, the killers camera is actually in the neck/chest area of the killer not the head, so you will blind them better if you adjust your aim.

4)Hatches. They spawn later into game depending on the raito of living survivors to generators fixed. They have several spots to spawn per map, and the variations of some of the maps can confuse that a little but a general rule f thumb, is they spawn near the exit gates mostly, sometimes in the shack and can appear on top of the small hills. Listen for the sound they have and the column of smoke if you are struggling to find them. Remember the killer can grab you as you jump in so if you are clear jump!

5)Don't give in. We have all had those games, your teammates die, crash or lose connection, or some DC for some other reason and you find yourself suddenly alone with 5 gens to do! Don't Panic! I have managed through experience to repair the gens enough to get a hatch, sometimes its been a killer player that feels sorry for you and lets you escape, sometimes you out play them, but don't give, up even a bad game can teach you something. Same goes for killers, you may have a terrible match but then go on to wreck teams for the next four or five games.

6)If not sure ask> Wether on here or in a facebook group, if you want to ask for advice, there is always gonna be someone that wants to help:)

7)Killer. Don't fall into the trap of trying to protect every generator, you cannot do so and will just drive yourself up the wall, patrol the closest together batch of generators and those near chests or totems (lit or not), that is extra points and gear for survivors so they do gravitate to them.

8)Killer. Try not to get pulled into an infinity loop spot by a team, if they are able to loop an area and draw you in before you know it, the gates can be open with no one hooked. If they are clearly trying to bait and distract you, feel free to go ang hunt someone else:)

9)Killer. When hooking someone, be aware that a lot of teams will have someone run over for the rescue the second you turn your back. (BBQ&Chilli helps with that, cannot see auras, they are nearby). If you see one person nearby, then either (A) they are a lone hero going for the save. Or (B) they are a distraction from someone else coming in for the save and they want you to chase them.

A common counter to that is to chase them a little way then turn back, or move away towards a generator then turn back, if they were prepared to risk it, 1 hook can soon become 2;) (if you don't want hatemail though, don't just stand there waiting for the savers to show up, its a valid enough tactic, but upsetting and unfair feeling for the hooked victim (specially if its near start of the game) and you do risk being gen rushed by a team while you are setting your tent up at that hook.

I will patrol an area for a few seconds then move off rather then sit there all game.

10)Killer, you have your power, practise the best way to use them, IE Billy's Chainsaw can get you around the map at speed, LeatherFace can down anyone in swipe range. When you get the hang of how something works it can be hilarious. I have had a couple of KYF games and seen others on youtube where ppl are playing and are surprised by their friend popping up outta knowhere :D.

11) Survivor. Use your camera, not just rotating it to spot killers (if you hear Freddy's music then looking for grass being disturbed can tell you where he is before he puts you into the dream state). but when being chased, using it to see the killer at times can help you dodge to one side with a turn, just before they swipe, just don't over do it and run into a wall!

12))Survivor. If you don't use up all of the item you are using you get to keep it ant end of game, so finding a great toolbox means you can keep it if you play smart.

Comments

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Dont smash pallets down behind you, but please start looking behind you. Be aware of your surroundings. All the pallets are used before 1 gen is done, you're killing of the rest of the team