The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Excuse me Dev's But What are you guys thinking

The changes to DS and self-care is #########. Get new ideas and stop focusing on only rank 20 killers and start focusing on good killer and good survivors. TBH fix the ranking system its useless if you are a rank 10 you play with rank 20 most likely and all the good survivors will stay at rank 20 and bully new killers cuz they DONT PIP

Comments

• Jaykaytee
    Jaykaytee Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2018

true but still its kinda dumb what they are doing

• oafafoxfeather
    oafafoxfeather Member Posts: 30

@Jaykaytee said:
    The changes to DS and self-care is #########. Get new ideas and stop focusing on only rank 20 killers and start focusing on good killer and good survivors. TBH fix the ranking system its useless if you are a rank 10 you play with rank 20 most likely and all the good survivors will stay at rank 20 and bully new killers cuz they DONT PIP

No offense but you can go on ranking up without DS at least. Self-care is probably a little harsh for new players. I might suggest what a friend ( Mr. Locker ) that plays this game also suggested for the self-care. Each time you stop the healing for every 0.25 seconds it regresses 2-3%. As of DS they should've kept the skill check and the no mither concept about it also I might add you being forced on using it the first time or not at all. That's just my opinion.

• oafafoxfeather
    oafafoxfeather Member Posts: 30

@Nick said:
    Flashlight and decisive and still getting dicked on by a rank 18 Wraith with 1 useless perk and no good addons. Might just be you I'm afraid.
    I totally agree with the changes, I'm a survivor main myself, but I'd like bit more of a challenge. This is just easy mode now.

Amen to that!

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    everyone wants to be an elite.
  • Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

Git gud.This ideas for changes are very nice.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

The changes are a great breathe of fresh air.

They are well done changes and well done concepts. Decisive strike shouldn't be such a easy escape. It also shouldn't be so common. I usually just tunnel whoever runs it to be honest. Then I get a "#########" or one of those millennial "#########" after a match.

Which is just ridiculous. I'm sure lots of people have gotten Sony banned from my reporting too. People need to be nice.

I liked 90% of what the QnA said yesterday.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Decisive Strike is a fine perk when run with Laurie's other perks as it counters the exposure  from Object of Obsession. In any other context this perk is just ridiculous.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    the changes are good
  • Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

Guess we are just going to say things are ######### and accept that it's acceptable language.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@Jaykaytee said:

Survivors that can't rank up are NOT good Survivors.

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
           I apologize if this is a “dumb” question, but just what are these “changes” to Self Care and Decisive Strike? I can’t find them in the Perks section of the patch notes.
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
           I apologize if this is a “dumb” question, but just what are these “changes” to Self Care and Decisive Strike? I can’t find them in the Perks section of the patch notes.
    Self Care will revert back to zero when the survivor stops healing himself.

DS will stun just the killer, so he can't move, but the survivor won't get off his shoulder. This will make an opportunity for others to save him. Also, the survivor on shoulder can continue wiggling off while the killer is stunned.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Jaykaytee said:
    here is an example

When you see a guy with twitch, tv or youtube in his name, immediately dodge that lobby. In 99% of the cases you will regret it otherwise

• Master

@TheTimeMachine said:

They have been discussed in the latest Q&A on youtube

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 173

@Shipthebread said:
    Guess we are just going to say things are ######### and accept that it's acceptable language.

Well it helped me out, I read that and realized, "ah yes this person has very little intellect to use that as a descriptive word for something they disagree with, I don't really need to be concerned about their opinion" and then i just scroll to read the responses :chuffed:

• Crazy_John
    Crazy_John Member Posts: 18

Hell, if the changes coming are true and they are actually implemented. I will only be changing one perk in my current load out. Self-Care, Urban Evasion, Spine Chill, and change my Small Game to Calm Spirit. Wont need Small Game once I get that Deep Cleansing achievement anyways.

• Jaykaytee

@DocOctober I suck at the game how im i a rank 12 if i dont suck ?

• Jaykaytee

@soren play survivor git gud realize you suck and then come back here

• Jaykaytee

@Larcz ^^

• Jaykaytee
  • Jaykaytee
    edited June 2018

To all y'all haters, hatin on my opinion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqGJ7I75aTE

• EpicFailTryHard

i like words.
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I love the changes. DS honestly needed to get hit hard. It was stupidly overpowered and it makes killer gameplay an absolute nightmare at high ranks. The selfcare change i like aswell. You have to be careful about choosing a spot to heal and then you have to commit to it. If the self care change bothers you then bring a medkit and use selfcares improved medkit efficiency to give you a better heal. These changes were needed. The game needs to get balanced and these changes will improve killer gameplay while gutting the crutch meta within survivor loadouts that make it so damn frustrating to be a killer. 2018 is the year survivors learn how to earn their survival, not get it handed to them.

• EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    ds overpowered? good lord.  one time use.  if you can't deal with that, ds is not the problem
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    ds overpowered? good lord.  one time use.  if you can't deal with that, ds is not the problem

How is DS not overpowered? Because its a one time use? Are you kidding XD

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I got to rank 12 now 11 with no DS ever, really it's a crutch.

• EpicFailTryHard
    a crutch is self care.  ds enables a one time escape.  i never dribble a survivor because i am anxious to get them to use it and be done with it.
  • CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

Wow this person has no clue of the actual state the balance is in.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    a crutch is self care.  ds enables a one time escape.  i never dribble a survivor because i am anxious to get them to use it and be done with it.
    I don't care if it is only one DS, but when there are more, I often get salty. I simply hate the feeling when I am carrying my prey to a hook, but suddenly, I get stunned and my prey is gone.
    That's the same as the "most of the time, I can't wiggle out, unfair!!!". Killer got you, so you are not entitled to escape his grasp.
  • Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@Jaykaytee said:

I'm a rank 1 survivor main lmao.

• Jaykaytee

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    Shipthebread said:

i like words.

same

• EpicFailTryHard
    Soren said:

@Jaykaytee said:9

me too.
  • Jaykaytee

@Soren said:

@Jaykaytee said:

god no more plebs plz

• Jaykaytee

@CallMeRusty420 said:

you good bro ?

• Master

@EpicFailTryHard said:

If it is such a bad perk because its one time use only, then you wouldnt use it anyway because it is so weak,, right? Then a nerf wouldnt bother you because you wouldnt use DS anyway :wink:

• Master

@Soren said:

@Jaykaytee said:

Do you think you accomplished sth now? :lol:
    Rank is completely meaningless if it can be reached as easily as it is currently the case. (btw, in my first month playing survivor I reached rank 1, that tells a lot eh?)

• Tills
    Tills Member Posts: 14

@ZombieGenesis said:
    The only problem with SC is if you stop self-healing to let someone else heal you and it reverts to 0. There should be a bit of a time delay before the healing resets. Self-Heal, stop, and then 3 seconds or something for someone else to start healing you again. If you start healing yourself again within that time then the healing starts all over as well.

This.

• TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80
    The proposed changes are great. Decisive has always been far too powerful and exists to do nothing but ruin matches for the killer, one chase involving decisive can cost you an entire game, I like the new change, in glad of it.
    the self care change isn’t so bad, you can still heal yourself to full at the normal rate you currently do, it’s just being changed to combat the toxic trolls who’ll drop a pallet and while looping will stop to heal for a split second until they’re back to full.
    all the changes sound great, sure to mah not agree with the nerfs but they’re a change in the right direction to making killers OP which is how it should be, survivors should be a hell of a lot weaker than they currently are. There’s 4 of them to a single killer.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Master said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

If it is such a bad perk because its one time use only, then you wouldnt use it anyway because it is so weak,, right? Then a nerf wouldnt bother you because you wouldnt use DS anyway :wink:

i don't use it.  it bothers me because the real issue is 4 man swf.  all use it. all have flashlights...all act like asses.  that is the real issue.
  • Soren

@Master said:

@Soren said:

@Jaykaytee said:

Do you think you accomplished sth now? :lol:
    Rank is completely meaningless if it can be reached as easily as it is currently the case. (btw, in my first month playing survivor I reached rank 1, that tells a lot eh?)

Are you going to be "that guy" in every thread?
    The guy above just said I was probably "bad" because I'm a stealthy survivor. I just said it is possible to be a rank 1 survivor with this gameplay.

Come on.

• Soren
    edited June 2018

@Jaykaytee said:

@Jaykaytee said:

@Jaykaytee said:
    god no more plebs plz

Either you're a huge troll or you're the actual one that has issues to play. So far you only insulted other people. You claim the game is balanced around bad killers yet you're not able to play in rank 1 without these perks? Urgh.

Also, good survivors do pip. Because they never get downed, manage to help their team (saves) and to do gens, they should always pip.

• Kuris
    Kuris Member Posts: 228

@Jaykaytee said:

if they have to stay at rank 20 to pip then theyre not good survivors

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242

DS is a joke. You don't need to escape every match. It is hard enough as it is at high rank with killer without a get out of jail for free perk. I used to play at rank 1 with people I could not even communicate with properly and we would smoke the killer more often than not. The game is a joke currently and if you don't think so you could check out tournaments and see patterns..

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

@Jaykaytee said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

you good bro ?

Yep.