The new changes from the Q&A video.

Options
Tsulan
Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I really like them. They seem solid, buff useless perks and nerf at the right spots without being to much (at least on paper).
The Trapper buffs also sound nice, i would remove the RNG and put a normal progress bar in its place.
But the changes to his add-ons and traps sound nice.

Comments

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

As a trapper main myself, I'm really excited for the changes. I'm really looking forward to the setting time in particular. Last time they increased the speed was great, but it still feels a little slow to me without any setting speed addons.

Traps that injure people also sound amazing, and regenerating traps seems like a no-brainer.

Overall looking forward to it.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

Yeah the QnA was fantastic. Horvath is very underappreciated. I hope he knows we love him.

At least I do.

Yeah, the trapper should be powerful, these are long overdue. I like how they said they are removing negative/drawbacks from several addons from different killers.

I've been saying for weeks that Ultra Rare addons should have 0 drawbacks. It is hard to get and "ultra rare" why would it have drawbacks?

It shouldn't. So that was good. In my opinion some purple or "very rare" ones should also be powerful and have either slight drawbacks or none.

The killers needed to be more imposing and powerful. Where the survivor is like "oh man, I hope he doesn't see me" more often.

Behaviour is late to the party on same of these changes, but I'm thankful and glad they are coming.

Well done. Very well done. @not_Queen (BEhaviour)

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

I've been saying for weeks that Ultra Rare addons should have 0 drawbacks. It is hard to get and "ultra rare" why would it have drawbacks?

They also showed a few Hag add-ons with the drawbacks removed. Which is nice

• Tsulan
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    Yeah the QnA was fantastic. Horvath is very underappreciated. I hope he knows we love him.

At least I do.

Yeah, the trapper should be powerful, these are long overdue. I like how they said they are removing negative/drawbacks from several addons from different killers.

It shouldn't. So that was good. In my opinion some purple or "very rare" ones should also be powerful and have either slight drawbacks or none.

The killers needed to be more imposing and powerful. Where the survivor is like "oh man, I hope he doesn't see me" more often.

Behaviour is late to the party on same of these changes, but I'm thankful and glad they are coming.

Well done. Very well done. @not_Queen (BEhaviour)

Yes, the second Q&A was really good. I enjoyed every minute of it.
    Even the jokes.
    Keep up the good work.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

I disliked a few things.
    Aka the "SB" nerf, that is more of an exhaustion nerf, that is not adressing the issues of sprint burst a single bit, and giving a penalty to all exhaustion perks even when it's not deserved.

• Tsulan
    Options

@Runiver said:
    I disliked a few things.
    Aka the "SB" nerf, that is more of an exhaustion nerf, that is not adressing the issues of sprint burst a single bit, and giving a penalty to all exhaustion perks even when it's not deserved.

They were not sure about the exhaustion for the other perks.
    So this might not make it into the final version. But for SB, that´s a good step in the right direction.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,116
    Options

@Runiver said:
    I disliked a few things.

With Sprint Burst, it won't refresh while you're in a chase. So if they can loop you for what, 40 seconds, they won't get another burst to continue the chase. While ambushes might still get left behind with sharp-eyed survivors, I think it will still have an effect on continuing to evade the killer. It's at least a step in a good direction, right?

• Runiver
    Options

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:
    I disliked a few things.

So this might not make it into the final version. But for SB, that´s a good step in the right direction.

I wouldn't call it a step in the right direction, I'd very sideways, trying to nerf blindly without understanding and adressing the issue that SB is causing.
    The current "nerf" will not stop the Ambush free dodge, the last second Wraith dodge, the SB dodging hits and chainsaws at last seconds, the "I gtfo instantly after getting unhooked", the "I repair until the last second, then SB away to the nearest safe spot", along with other issues.

The only thing it does is nullifying the fact it's coming back in chases (which was a decent reward for the survivor, and usually allowed him to escape, since if you didn't manage to catch him in due time, he probably die really well), and possibly make it so they use it less often overall (which is decent, but not very consistent)

• Runiver
    Options

@Coriander said:

@Runiver said:
    I disliked a few things.

With Sprint Burst, it won't refresh while you're in a chase. So if they can loop you for what, 40 seconds, they won't get another burst to continue the chase. While ambushes might still get left behind with sharp-eyed survivors, I think it will still have an effect on continuing to evade the killer. It's at least a step in a good direction, right?

If you loop, you're sprinting, so the cooldown was actually closer to 80s, let's round it up to 70 due to the fact you stopped at some point.
    Additionally, was it really necessary to apply it to all perks ?

• Tsulan
    Options

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:
    I disliked a few things.

I wouldn't call it a step in the right direction, I'd very sideways, trying to nerf blindly without understanding and adressing the issue that SB is causing.
    The current "nerf" will not stop the Ambush free dodge, the last second Wraith dodge, the SB dodging hits and chainsaws at last seconds, the "I gtfo instantly after getting unhooked", the "I repair until the last second, then SB away to the nearest safe spot", along with other issues.

The only thing it does is nullifying the fact it's coming back in chases (which was a decent reward for the survivor, and usually allowed him to escape, since if you didn't manage to catch him in due time, he probably die really well), and possibly make it so they use it less often overall (which is decent, but not very consistent)

But they can still nerf it later. The exhaustion nerf will reduce looping. While not completely destroying the perk.

• Tsulan
    Options

@SaltyKiller said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:
    I disliked a few things.

But they can still nerf it later. The exhaustion nerf will reduce looping. While not completely destroying the perk.

We said the same thing about the Hatch. They could have gone with the first or second change and then fix it later but they wouldn't do it.

So now we get to wait god knows how long until they fix the whole end game.

true

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:
    I disliked a few things.

The current "nerf" will not stop the Ambush free dodge, the last second Wraith dodge, the SB dodging hits and chainsaws at last seconds, the "I gtfo instantly after getting unhooked", the "I repair until the last second, then SB away to the nearest safe spot", along with other issues.)

Not counting that it's essentially the only exhaustion perk unaffected by exhaustion inducing addons, since 99% of the times it gets used before the effect is applied.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Runiver knows what's up.