Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

We're Gonna Live Forever | Can we expect a buff?

As it stands, WGLF works as such:

Each time you rescue or take a hit to protect a Survivor, gain 25 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 50/75/100 %.

Now, initially, this perk seems pretty simple and easy to get stacks on. Unhook another survivor, get a stack. Take a smack for a survivor, (whether the survivor is being carried by the killer or by standing in front of another survivor when struck), get a stack. However, a majority of the time, a survivor will not finish their match with 4 stacks; especially if all 4 survivors are using WGLF. Everyone maximizing their stacks will be nearly impossible, unless the killer is farming. And if you are getting stacks via only unhooking survivors, you'll be hogging all the altruism points, and your fellow survivors will most likely get low Altruism emblems because of it. Taking smacks doesn't always give you stacks, unless the survivor is being carried. Yesterday, I was playing a match, equipped with WGLF, and I stood directly in between the killer and another survivor, I took a hit for them, and I did not receive a stack.

On top of this, getting bloodpoints as a survivor is much more difficult than it is for a killer. In a good match, a survivor will probably get around 15k-20k bloodpoints. A good game for a killer will usually always land them around 25k-30k. This is without taking into account the bloodpoints bonuses from perks and offerings, by the way.

At the moment, killers have 4 bloodpoint-related perks (I am referring to the Tier 3 versions of the perks):

BBQ & Chili- You have the potential of achieving a 100% bloodpoint bonus to all categories, of which will be awarded post-trial. On top of the overall bloodpoint bonus, it has the nice benefit of revealing survivor auras after hooking a survivor, leading to the killer getting into chases quicker. Stacks are gained by hooking survivors for the 1st time. This perk can be countered by survivors if they hid in lockers, hide behind gens, and/or use perks that block the killer's aura reading abilities.

Distressing- You are guaranteed a 100% bloodpoint bonus to actions in the Deviousness category, of which will be awarded post-trial. This perk gives you an increased terror radius which helps boost the abilities of killers like the Doctor and the Legion.

Beast of Prey- You are guaranteed to gain 50% more bloodpoints for actions in the Hunter category. It also removes the red stain when you achieve Bloodlust I, which can help the killer counter looping and perform better mind games.

Hex: Thrill of the Hunt- You have the potential of gaining 50% more bloodpoints for actions in the Hunter category. Whenever a survivor starts cleansing a totem (hexed or dull), you'll receive a visual notification. Additionally, the totem-cleansing speed of survivors is reduced. This perk can be disabled.

As for survivors, they have 3 bloodpoint-related perks (I am referring to the Tier 3 versions of the perks):

We're Gonna Live Forever- You have the potential of achieving a 100% bloodpoint bonus to actions in all categories, of which will be awarded post-trial. There is no extra beneficial affect. Encourages survivors to stop repairing generators to ensure that they get their bloodpoint stack, and to get themselves hurt for stacks.

Prove Thyself- You are guaranteed to gain 100% more bloodpoints for cooperative actions. Generator repair speed is increased by 10% for each other survivor repairing a generator within 4 meters. Only works if other survivors are performing coop actions with you. (Actually a really good perk, especially if you have Bond).

No One Left Behind- You are "guaranteed" to gain 100% more bloodpoints for actions in the Altruism category. You perform Altruistic actions 12% quicker. Please note that neither affects will be active until the Exit Gates have been powered. This essentially means that the perk will not have much use in the trial. If you do make it to the end-game, you may or may not have the chance to perform any altruistic actions; who knows? If you do, you won't get an insane amount of additional bloodpoints from it. And if you don't make it to the end-game, it's basically a waste of a perk slot.

Surely, it should be clear why getting bloodpoints is more difficult for survivors. WGLF has been discussed in the past, and a good suggestion that I have seen would be to add another way to receive stacks for this perk. It was suggested that healing another survivor for a full health state should grant a stack for the perk, and I agree. It would also fit well with the theme: We're gonna live forever. This would make for more opportunities for stacks (and maybe my dumb random team mates will actually heal me for once).

TL;DR: WGLF should receive stacks from healing other survivors for full health states.

Comments