The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New killer suggestion: The SlenderMan.

JAWS_BDSM
JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328
edited April 2019 in Creations

Yup, here we go.

>Slenderman - 4/6m.s speed - tall (same as plague but he also is a bit crooked) - terror - 32M.

>Backstory: The mythology of Slenderman is a gruesome one; clutches of children disappearing without a trace, adults found impaled on treetop branches, and organs missing from his victims. But his legend runs much deeper than previously believed. Germanic fairy tales tell of a guardian who roamed the Black Forest, hunting children until they confessed their wrongdoings, but his reach extends far beyond his roots in Germany.

Slenderman has appeared all throughout history in England, Japan, and most recently, North America. How he chooses victims still remains a mystery, but this much we do know: Slenderman will stalk a victim, inducing massive paranoia, nightmares, and hallucinations - collectively dubbed the Slender Sickness.

Death of his victims often occurred through impalement on tree branches, removal or re-insertion of plastic-wrapped organs, or abduction of already Slender Sickness-stricken subjects. His procedure has changed in recent times, however, now preferring to aggressively stalk his victims into irreversible psychosis for long periods of times until the subject is ripe for murder. Any attempts to capture Slenderman on recording devices have all failed -- he has even exhibited the ability to erase memory from our brains upon contact. We may all be victims - it's impossible to know - but one thing is certain: it's too late.

>Slenderman is a meticulous and stealty killer who is able to shatter survivors` minds and turn them into his puppets to finish them all off himself, with his power called *Abyss` gaze*.

>Ability: Slenderman, similar to the Nightmare cannot interact with survivors, and cannot be seen by them. Instead of his terror they sometimes hear whispers and children` laugh. Using his primary power he can tag certain survivor with "Slender Sickness". This will cause the survivor to go through different debuffs until he will become slenderman`s proxie. Slenderman can have only 1 proxie at once (others will not go through Tier II).

SS Tier I: Survivor can see Slenderman every 10 seconds for 1 second. They still hear whispers and laugh. They also suffer from repair speed decrease of 5%. The suffer from Paranoia

SS Tier II: After 30 seconds OR 5 seconds (if SlenderMan will continue using his primary power on chosen survivor) SS Tier I changes to SS Tier II. Survivors can now see slenderman every 5 seconds for 2 seconds. They still hear only whispers and laugh. Their repair speed is decreased by 10%. Their control keys are INVERTED. They suffer from Paranoia

SS Tier III: After 120 seconds or 20 seconds (if SlenderMan will continue using his primary power on chosen survivor) SS Tier II changes to SS Tier III. Survivor becomes Slenderman`s proxie.

When having a Proxie Slenderman can use his secondary power. After using it, he will take control over survivor`s body and it will apply a few changes to him: Proxie Doesn`t have terror radius until revealed. Proxie can vault through windows and pallets, though it cannot drop them. Proxie is able to block one chosen generator for some amount of time. When proxie approaches a survivor doing an action (gen repairing, hook rescue, etc) it can perform an ambush attack which will REVEAL Proxie and will allow proxie to catch survivor (caught survivor can be trasnfered to hook or to be moried). Revealed proxie has 4.4. speed and is able to perform a basic attack with its own weapon ((female survivors use sharpened glass shard, male survivors use selfmade blade)(revealed proxies have gray or white skin and look like they have gone completely mad)(this weapon cannot be seen until the proxie is revealed). Survivors affected by slender sickness would see a Slenderman following his proxie in a range of 5-6 m. Slenderman will lose control of the proxie if survivor performs special action to break free (60 seconds) (like dying stage recovery) and then survivor can get free It will cause Slender Sickness to regress back to Tier II, while slenderman will have to find another target (or the same, tunneling intensifies).

>After 5 gens are done Slenderman loses all his proxies no matter what and will have his power changed.

After 5 gens are done his power changes into "The Oblivion".

When "The Oblivion" is unlocked, Slenderman will gain the following buffs: attacks deal double damage. He is able to kill survivor with his own hands.

To attack survivor, Slenderman needs to use his primary power to put survivor into SS Tier III. When this is done, survivor can see and interact with Slenderman and be attacked by him. Slenderman can mori downed survivor when this power is active.

>Perks:

Paranoia - they cannot trust anyone now. 2/3/4 Survivors suffer from the Paranoia. Paranoia is a debuff which causes affected survivors to fell anxious near other survivors. When another survivor is within 10M from the suffering survivor, he faces with considerably less skillcheck zones and the punishment for failing a skillcheck is increased by 50%.

*-We can`t be sure if our allies aren`t going to stab us when we let our guard down*

Loneliness - supresses survivors` ability to track their allies` condition. 2/3/4 Survivors CANNOT see their teamates` icons on left bottom part of the screen: they can`t see if another survivor is injured or dying or is hanged on the hook. They cannot see if survivor is moried or sacrificed. They only see their own status icon, like if others just haven`t loaded into the trial.

*I am by myself now - Unknown*

Tree man - your abilities to hide grow stonger - when standing still for 4/3/2 seconds all sounds you make become completely silenced. You become almost invisible, your appearence is hidden with wraith-like cloak, but more noticeable (like wraith in 2016). Survivors are no longer able to hear the direction of your terror radius (even if they are close to killer, they will hear terror if they were on its edge). This effect remains for 4/6/8 seconds after moving.

*He was here all the time*

Post edited by JAWS_BDSM on

Comments

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

As much as I think that something like this would be very interesting...I still think that this power is not a good design to go by.

I don't understand if you mean that when a survivor becomes a proxy they will change role and get in your side (Which wouldn't work, because survivors will just let other survivors stun them so they can start playing normally again) or if you remove the ability to play of the survivor, which is bad in any game.

In one way it would be essentially useless, and in the other it would cause more DCs than Legion

• JAWS_BDSM
    edited March 2019

I meant that survivor who progresses to TIII doesn`t change side or whatever. Killer is just able to take control over one of them (guess control time should be limited by 1-2 mins to make it less annoying, but still) which is shown as a slenderman following the survivor and a survivor looking weird (skin becomes gray and the survivor looks unhealthy, he also holds selfmade weapon, moving not like other survivors etc).

idk how proxies could be put into DbD mechanics without turning into a complete circus (what did i actually offered, killmepls).

Anyway, exuse my for my bad grammar and poor vocabulary, I`m not native speaker so it`s inevitable.

Thank you a lot for your criticism, I really do appreciate that!

• LCGaster

That's a big problem as well. Taking control away from a player is never a good thing, even if for a limited time, even if it was just one minute it would still be a minute where the survivor can do nothing. People disconnect with Legion because it's not fun to go against, people would disconnect against this killer because they literally couldn't play, it would be extremely frustrating.

Other than this I really enjoy the perks, except maybe the last one

• JAWS_BDSM

true. but survivors already have at least 2 situations, where they literally can`t do anythink: being hooked and being put in dying stage without killer picking them up.

Another idea would to make survivor perform some action to break free from control over time. for e.g 60 seconds action (like dying stage recovery) and then survivor can get free

• LCGaster

On the hook they can try to escape and can keep track of the other survivors, if they are being slugged they can try to find the hatch, if there is a hatch.

Giving the survivor a chance to free himself would make it a little better.

• TMoser
    TMoser Member Posts: 17

The prologue was too lengthy to read but yup yup yup I've often thought the Slenderman would be a cool addition to the DBD killer pool glad it got some mention.

• Witnessthisday
    Witnessthisday Member Posts: 2

Slenderman is a really good character known for being horrifying and catching most of his victims. Never has he joined in on any video game and I see him as underrated by most. He'll be a great addition for dead by daylight

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

I would main him if he entered the game, his power would be mostly tactical, and I am VERY tactical

• UltimateHit47
    UltimateHit47 Member Posts: 45

What is he was even TALLER? Like, not "Tall" but "Towering". It would be cool because it suits his appearance better and it would be fun to look down upon the helpless survivors lol.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I'll speak about the perks because I honestly got very confused by his ability.

Paranoia: A missed skill check regressed the gen by 5% so this would be increased till 7.5%. I don't think it is a great increase personally. Also how would it work with unnerving presence.

Loneliness: I like this perk but it would destroy Third Seal.

Tree man: This seems like a buff to insidious. Unless it was a perk that once activated it would last a certain amount of time before it runs out.

• JAWS_BDSM

Coldwind farm is no longer a killer`s nightmare!

Paranoia: agreed, seems to be a bad debuff, i think it just should make skillchecks zones bigger/more repair speed decrease if with another survivor.

Loneliness: third seal gives blindness (blocks aura reading ability) lonelyness blocks ability to track other survivors status in left bottom corner of screen (where you can see amount of gens neeeded to be repaired etc.) although, it can be changed in some way, yet i really like the concept.

Tree man: idk if I stated it earlier, but I really like when perks create a strong combinations. e.g. huntress` lullaby + overcharge/distressing. Same with Tree man. However, It seems to be really useless without insidious, so I`ll change it a bit.

I would be really grateful, if you suggest your ways to make this whole concept better!