The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Chainsaws and vaults

So i just had a game facing a billy and vaulted being completely on the other side and still somehow got hit by the chainsaw. Shouldn’t the chainsaw hit the window ledge instead of the survivor?

Comments

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Nah Billy can do that. "pErFeCtLy BaLaNcEd".

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

When I try to hit a survivor through a window I rarely seem to be able to do it unless they're in the vault animation still. When I'm the survivor? I get hit constantly even after I'm back in control of the character and moving away. The difference is I use a LAN cable and don't have ######### internet.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Killers can reach through windows but his chainsaw is something else. It pulls him through the damn window.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    edited March 2019

You can actually hit someone through a window if they are close enough. A window will not automatically block a hit. Beyond that, latency will also play a factor. A fast vault is only half a second, and for a good portion of that you are still within the killer's reach, so even 150 ping could make a noticeable difference. The game used to aggressively smooth hits (i.e. move the killer toward the survivor, turn the camera towards them), but that was toned back because it made people feel as if the killer had auto-aim.

The important thing is: If they hit you, they were supposed to hit you. The game will determine if you were hit first and then try to smooth the hit. It's not the hitbox, it's just a mix of lag and how the game displays the hit.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

2019 and people still complain that Killers can reach through windows....

It's not a wall, it's a hole. Open your car window and see what happens. Things can go in and out of your car now through that window. It's crazy!

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Billy can, Leatherface I don't think can, why play Leatherface when you have Billy.

• ShirtlessDwight
    ShirtlessDwight Member Posts: 190

Bruh I got chainsawed when standing on top of the hill and billy didn't even look at me.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

It's never a problem with getting hit through an open window if you are close enough. The problem is getting hit through an open window from two meters away after you vaulted it. Billy seems to have the range of a tomahawk missile through a window.

The usual culprit everyone points to is latency or lag, but that means playing against billy is not viable in most games since billy is always going to have host advantage.