Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Opinion On The Escape Tournament

CakeDuty
CakeDuty Member Posts: 995
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

I was hyped and excited for this tournament but it turned out as a big atrocity. Heres a couple of things I felt went wrong.

1. Hosts clearly didn't know much about the game (said that he liked Trapper because he was faster than the other killers, was surprised people used Billys power for mobility. People say one of them only have 77 hours into the game. Not enough to understand it. Kept saying the they were giving away Iridescent Shards instead of Auric Cells.
  2. Changed and didn't hold rules they made up themselves. No BMing? Multiple survivors clearly teabagged and did other BMing stuff without any consequences. Kept changing the rules of hatch stand offs and other stuff.
  3. Hosts weren't acting very professionally throughout the stream. Multiple times did one of the host forget to mute his microphone, where it was revealed that the host cared more about views and money than the quality of the stream. Host also shat on the DbD community for giving criticism. Kept showing off viewer number and follow notifications on their be right back screen. They made awkward jokes like sacrificed survivors being sent to "valhalla" because that was an inside joke in their friends group. Not very professional to have inside jokes in an official tournament.
  4. The waiting times between games were atrocious. it usually took 20 minutes to set up a 8 minute long game. How hard is it to keep the waiting teams up to do? Could give them heads up like "It's your turn next game" or "This game is about to end. Get ready".
  5. Choosing one map sounds good in theory because of the balance but it gets really boring to look at the same map for 11 hours. No rules were made to show off any of the game. All viewers saw every game were Claudettes and Nurses (a bit of an overreaction but like 90% of the games were like that) and Coal Tower. People who saw the game for the first time through this tournament wasn't very impressed. Why not make a rule that the same team can't use the same killer each round? First round they have to play one killer, if they qualify for next round they have to use a new killer. Same rule can be set for survivors even though survivors don't really have an impact on gameplay at all.

Don't use Space eSports again. They're simply not professional enough to take care of events. Other unofficial tournaments have been held with better rules and hosts. Though the game won't be eSports ready before it gets balanced further so other killers will be viable (a problem because of looping) and gets dedicated servers. There were too much lag in multiple of the rounds. Peer to peer just doesn't work in an eSports game, so if you're looking to take DbD in that direction then go over to dedicated servers. This wouldn't only help tournaments but DbD in general.

Note: Other stuff happened during the tournament but the post would be really long if I came into every little problem.

Comments

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

If they played anything but Nurse they would have lost.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

@The_Manlet said:
    If they played anything but Nurse they would have lost.

"Though the game won't be eSports ready before it gets balanced further and gets dedicated servers." That part kinda indicates that other killers needs buffs but I'll edit it so it'll be more obvious :p

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Garbage. Like, I’m not as down on the commentator as others, but holy ######### why are the wait times so abysmal between matches? Also, DbD is supposed to be a dark, menacing game of cat and mouse between killer and survivor. So why are they blaring the type of music I’d expect to hear at a ######### rave? I’d rather just listen to the title screen music for the 45 minutes between matches. 

Some people were spamming for Tyde or Tru to cast. No thanks. Tyde is terrible at casting, and Tru is great but you can barely understand him. 

It did suck to see such little variation between each match, but what game isn’t like that, especially competitively? High rank in this game is pretty much entirely Nurse/BBQBilly versus Squadettes and all five decked out in meta perks. If you remove the perks, the others will still remain the same. And we all have known for a long time that a good Nurse craps all over every other killer. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    Garbage. Like, I’m not as down on the commentator as others, but holy ######### why are the wait times so abysmal between matches? Also, DbD is supposed to be a dark, menacing game of cat and mouse between killer and survivor. So why are they blaring the type of music I’d expect to hear at a [BAD WORD] rave? I’d rather just listen to the title screen music for the 45 minutes between matches. 

Some people were spamming for Tyde or Tru to cast. No thanks. Tyde is terrible at casting, and Tru is great but you can barely understand him. 

It did suck to see such little variation between each match, but what game isn’t like that, especially competitively? High rank in this game is pretty much entirely Nurse/BBQBilly versus Squadettes and all five decked out in meta perks. If you remove the perks, the others will still remain the same. And we all have known for a long time that a good Nurse craps all over every other killer. 

DBD is more like 4 cats trolling a dog, not a cat chasing 4 mice, its sad but every DBD player that ix experienced knows that

Tyde is still better than the clown they got for the tournament, he knows the game at least.
    You cant understand true, uhm clean your eyes, he isnt even speaking hard dialect lol

I cant think of ANY other game that has such few variation in the competitive scene. But then if any other game would be unbalanced like DBD and tried to be competitive, it would be laughed at.

Yes, there is only nurse and trashtier. This is because looping is completely broken atm

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited June 2018
    Space if full of people that play favorites and prioritize themselves. They made up their own rules and changed them mid tournament. Like the Depip squad found the hatch first yet they still lost and made up a new rule about the Standoff, while before stating whoever finds it first wins.

They also closed registration without announcing it on the main page. You'll get threatened with non-participation if you call out the staff in their Discord. This tournament was a complete mess and BHVR chose the right eSports team to rig this tourney up.

Space is a disgrace. Oh, and by the way space, I have inside knowledge. If you are going to disallow a team to participate in multiple consoles, you need to do that for everyone.

Not to mention this tournament just highlights, even at the core level with no perks, this game is just broken to no end. Nurse everywhere, or Billy, with Loops and gen pops abound. Just a bunch of nonsense.

This game can't be saved unless they fundamentally change everything.
  • Vox_Lux
    Vox_Lux Member Posts: 1

The thing that boggles my mind the most about DbD is how the game doesn't have dedicated servers.
    I actually like the gameplay loop and even the grindy nature of the game. But as someone with a bad wireless connection and low upload speed I just can't enjoy the game they way it's meant to be enjoyed because I can't play as killer with this bad ISP/connection.

There should be a way to improve on this aspect.
    Thankfully I'm upgrading to fiber soon. Hopefully I'll be able to play as killer again someday.