Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is there even a reason to play as The Plague?

She’s not good in a chase, doesn’t have map control, lacks mobility, and her power punishes her more than helps her.

You waste time trying to get the survivor at the broken state, once they’re offhook they can insta heal and remove all debuffs, corrupt purge is cool and all but majority of the time any good survivor will waste your time with how slow you are.

The killer looks amazing but her gameplay is super clunky and makes you wonder why you’re playing her. You aren’t getting the most out of her like you would with another killer.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I find her quite fun but yeah, extremely weak. Mid tier at best. Be nice if we could actually play the killers we want at rank 1 instead of being forced to play nurse.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited March 2019

I guess this is the part where someone says.. "She's fun." They wouldn't be wrong by the way, she's just weak against decent survivors. That's a problem most of the cast faces at the moment, so at least she'll fit in with the undertuned killers.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited March 2019

If you think it's a waste of time to break you're bad at plague. 1 full charge breaks them this can be about as deadly as a chainsaw backrev since breaking gives no speed boost.

Then they have to either stay 1 shot forever or go to a fountain that can turn you into a stronger Huntress.

Plague is a badass killer. Sounds like you need to practice aiming her purge.

• Blueberry
    edited March 2019

Only potatoes or low ranks are actually using the fountains. 1 shot doesn't matter when you're getting looped for 5gens in 5mins because you have zero map pressure.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited March 2019

If they're not healing shes automatically better than most of the killers then since she's 115% ms...

That's a self imposed perma tier 3 myers on the survivors part.

She deals with loops as well as any other killer besides Nurse/Huntress(non corrupted) and Spirit.

Only billy/nurse and potentially hag have more "Map Pressure" than Plague.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

I mean, she's got anti-stealth a bit. if they dont use the fountain, you know what they're touching, and what they're vaulting over, plus the coughing isnt reduced by Iron Will/Calm Spirit (for whatever reason). That being said, her power's only so strong if survivor's are screwing each other over.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

@MegChicken

It’s how you play her. I had trouble playing her at first until I got the hang of her. You shouldn’t rely on her power. And don’t waste your time getting survivors to the broken state if you don’t have good add ons to speed the process. However, she could be tweaked in some areas. Maybe in the mid patch? Anywho I provided some tips on how I find her useful.

Tips

Always vomit on survivors before hitting them. This will allow them to go into the broken status if they keep running/looping you.

Always vomit on survivors before they go hook if not already done so.

Always vomit on gens, especially gens being worked on. Sometimes a survivor will be desperate enough to finish a gen. You will be able to tell if it was touch because the survivor will become sick.

Use your weapon during loops. Unless you know you can get the shot.

Only vomit in open spaces or when survivors vaulting. It’s just like playing huntress.

My current build is

Infectious fright

Corrupt intervention

Nurse’s Calling

Thanatophobia

There are a few more perks I would like to try on once I get a hold of them, such as Blood Warden, Monitor & Abuse, and etc

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Vommy Mommy jus wants to spread her love to everyone!

I've seen some decent videos of people playing her *shrugs* though playing against her has been fairly fun, bit I think people overall haven't gotten her down just yet.

• Blueberry

Minus increased vault speed and lunge. Against competent rank 1's your still getting looped. Are you playing her at rank 1?

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited March 2019

@Blueberry I am. Looping isn't bad anymore...

Back in the day every tile had 2 pallets...If you're getting looped that bad now you need to watch a guide on how to run tiles.

Here is a good one by Scott

https://youtu.be/t8u0jRxN2kQ

• Blueberry

I know how to play tiles, I've got 3k hours in the game with rank 1 on both sides at every reset since the game came out including after these ranking changes. I doubt the validity of your statements or you're playing against potatoes. Link your steam if you don't mind.

• Blueberry
    edited March 2019

Only when my skill is called into question, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Shes a solid mid tier. Non mobility based power obviously keeps her from being top. Cool design though. /shrug

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Jus having some Piggy fun to lighten the mood a lil 🐖💀💜

• Blueberry

I actually enjoy piggy but unfortunately she's not rank 1 viable either.