If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Story mode?

Options
Soulslayer618
Soulslayer618 Member Posts: 488

Im curious on peoples thoughts of a possible story mode in the future.

My idea would be that you take each killer and survivor and give them a 2-3 game scenario in which we explore how they got there what happens while they're there and what the endgame is.

kinda want it for lore purpose but a bonus could be good practice and one time reward of bloodpoints for completion of each "Trial"

Comments

• Soulslayer618
    Options

maybe an in-between

something preset for you to play as them through set events and short cutscenes to bring together the lore but each unique to their own backstory

Example: (cause its the first to come to mind) the hag

we get a cutscene that shows a small amount of what happens then you get a "preset scene" in which she hunts kills (specifically mori) each of the cannibals that had captured her

Id like it even if it was a separate DLC and Im sure others would probably pay money for it (at least their respective favourite characters)

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

I’d love to play a story mode!

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422
    Options

I would love one... but with how the current game operates I don't think it could be implemented super well

• Soulslayer618
    Options

itd be against bots so I think its good

it can also serve as training for things like flashlights/pallet saves

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    edited April 2019
    Options

I personally would like them to make a new team to create a whole new story driven singleplayer game. I think we would get a better product that way. Working on multiplayer and a story at the same time would hinder one of the two in some way. BHVR is not rich like, for example, EA, so they need to be careful on how they spend their money. By creating a new team, said team could look for their own sponsors and work on a great story driven game without impacting Dead by Daylight in a negative way.

But yeah, I would like more lore.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    Options

I'd like that, but it's not likely we'll get it.

• LCGaster
    Options

@Saint_Ukraine

I believe the devs said that there is more story coming to DBD

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    Options

@LCGaster Story as in a Story Mode? Campaign? Or just lore reveal?..

• LCGaster
    Options

@Saint_Ukraine

I have no idea. Guess we'll find out

• NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317
    Options

honestly, something like what remains of edith finch would be amazing. i was thinking of it yesterday and honestly, i would play the actual crap out of that. give me smth like detroit: become human, or even a "skyrim" style.

• LCGaster
    Options

@NoodleLegs

Until Dawn, I love that game

• LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590
    Options

I prefer Story Mode [Campaign] I explain:

All Survivors life and moments when getting to Entity Realm.

All Killer life and moment when getting to Entity Realm AND the begginings of killing

One character story should take idk something like 1h.

Ofc we should can do something in this Mode.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

I would love for each Survivor and Killer to get a lore chapter where it shows how they got to the Entity's realm.

• FlamingkittyUmad
    FlamingkittyUmad Member Posts: 313
    Options

This game is 20$ and made by a relatively small company that has never made a large scale pc game before, take your one game mode and enjoy it

besides, we're better off with what bug fix patches we get when a new DLC isn't being released

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

You know what would be better? Is if we got a cinematic for every single killer and survivor, and the person narrating it was the guy that has been doing the recent Spotlights for the Darkness Among Us as well as Demise of The Faithful chapters.

• ZachHeroo
    ZachHeroo Member Posts: 5
    Options

If we were to have a story mode, i'd love to see Benedict and Vigo play a huge role in said story mode. I'd love to see what happens to both of them visually in game since we only heard of them from just the lore and how they are slowly losing hope. I doubt that we'd get a story mode but i'm just throwing that idea out there.